Strict Gun Laws

sinister963

Strict Gun Laws

Post by sinister963 »

Anyone who believes strict gun laws will keep them safe have to be the dumbest people out there. All you do with strict gun laws is take guns away from responsible people. If you don't feel safe around guns don't buy one. But the rest of us would like to have the right to protect ourselves and our families. Most people that own guns use them to feed their family and sport. And if more responsible people owned guns and taught their family how to use them properly you wouldn't have kids shooting each other on the street. I was raised around guns a was taught how to use them. I teach any off my friends who want to learn to use them and hope they go buy their own guns because i do believe there should be one in every home. If you teach people they're not toys you will have less accidents. As far as gang shootings, they will always happen no matter how strict your laws are. Look at the states, they have strict laws and gun crimes still happen. So stop taking guns away from good people and start teaching people how deadly they are and how to use them.
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Strict Gun Laws

Post by Swoop »

Explain to me how the owning of a 9mm Glock semi automatic pistol is used for feeding a family? No need for explanation of the sport side of the use however, the news has been full of examples of the "sport" use lately.
Hombre
Fledgling

Post by Hombre »

sinister963 wrote: As far as gang shootings, they will always happen no matter how strict your laws are. Look at the states, they have strict laws and gun crimes still happen.

I stopped reading right about here. :coffeecanuck:
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

They do have strict gun laws. for people who break the law. They lock criminals up, we let them out in 18 months. That is why they have the largest population per capita in jail. They lock folks up for breaking the law.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I agree with some parts. I'm a gun enthusiast myself. Owning guns shouldn't be a hassle. Commiting a crime with one shouldn't go unpunished.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

rookie314 wrote:They do have strict gun laws. for people who break the law. They lock criminals up, we let them out in 18 months. That is why they have the largest population per capita in jail. They lock folks up for breaking the law.

US judicial system = punishment based.

Canadian judicial system = rehabilitation based.

Understanding that very basic concept should explain (to you) why that is the way it is.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Gone_Fishin
Guru

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Here's a fact for y'all to chew on: those states in the US with "right to carry" laws have way LOWER crime rates than those states that do not have the right to carry.

Here's another fact for you to chew on: Australia banned handgun ownership, and violent crime has soared since the ban. Ditto in Great Britain.

Criminals don't give a rat's a$$ about laws. Criminals flourish when they know their victims can't defend themselves. Disarming the law-abiding public was done in Nazi Germany. The federal Lie-berals want to do it in Canada too. Why don't we learn from the mistakes made in other jurisdictions?

If you think crime is bad now, just wait until the gangs know they can waltz into your home and have their way with you because you are defenseless. Who ya gonna call - a cop? Good luck with that.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#TrudeauMustGo

#Flushtheturd
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

CaptainAwesome wrote:I agree with some parts. I'm a gun enthusiast myself. Owning guns shouldn't be a hassle. Commiting a crime with one shouldn't go unpunished.

Agreed. We don't need new gun laws. What we need is a justice system with a backbone to enforce the laws we already have! The registry is a huge joke. What was supposed to only cost taxpayers thre million out of pocket is at least 1.5 billion now, if not more. We could have employed hundreds of full time RCMP officers for the entire length of their careers for the amount of money spent on this useless registry, and the results on crime would have been far more tangible.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Mutha
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Mutha »

With the amount of gun violence that's happening out there these days, I'm really starting to think that maybe we should be loosening up our gun laws. If it wasn't such a pita to get a hand gun. I would have one right now. If someone kicked in my front door, it would be nice to be able to shoot them, assuming I could get to my firearm in time.
mountainair

Post by mountainair »

Swoop wrote:Explain to me how the owning of a 9mm Glock semi automatic pistol is used for feeding a family? No need for explanation of the sport side of the use however, the news has been full of examples of the "sport" use lately.

Actually, I own two of these. I am a pretty normal person. I have a special carry permit for these as I work as a wilderness guide. 9mm Glock is a superb weapon to carry in the woods, much easier than a rifle. So yes, I use these to feed my family.

People's perception these days is not based on reality. When an avalanche happens people freak out and say "you are doing to die if you go into avalanche terrain" When they see shootings they say "we need better gun enforcement." The media is mostly responsible for this - you hear about every gun-related death but most fatal car accidents go unpublicized.

A classic statistical example: If you play the lottery and drive to get your ticket, you are more likely to die in an car accident driving to get the ticket than you are likely to win the lottery.

People have no concept of risk versus hazard and gun control is a classic example of the public's unrealistic outcry to problems that are actually miniscule in the big picture.

If I wanted to kill someone, I could go downtown tomorrow, ask around and probably within a day get an unregistered 9mm glock. Gun control helps solve our shooting problems? If that is what you want to tell yourself to make you feel better, then go ahead.
:cursor:
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

I'm not sure where this thread came from but I surmise it has to do with the recent gang shootings and someone (?) calling for stricter gun controls. If so, it's a laughable idea. Criminals are the ones doing the shooting and by definition, they are going to break whatever gun laws are in existence. They don't care. Does anyone think for a moment that gang members will suddenly go out and buy slingshots because new gun control measures are put in place?

That said, I have no qualms about gun control. No one needs to own an Uzi. I don't want to live in a society where every Tom, Dick and Harry owns a handgun and is free to carry it around with him. I might buy a wilderness guide having a need to carry a semi-automatic handgun but no one is going to convince me the average person needs to have one.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Every time gang violence escalates there is a public outcry for more gun control. But I agree with Writerdave that the criminals will not be effected by such laws, because they buy their guns illegally and certainly won't be registering them no matter what the law says. Given that these gangs are mostly in the drug business, it is my personal opinion that legalizing marijuana would do a lot more to keep our streets safe than would tougher gun laws.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I'm not advocating taking guns away from anyone, but I am dubious of their value in self-defense. Maybe that sounds ridiculous...if so, educate me!

But I'd be interested to know if owning a gun really does make you safer. How often do you hear of someone (besides police/military) successfully using a gun to defend themselves from an attacker? I'm not saying it never happens, but I'd be interested to see some statistics. I tend to see the "gun in every home" crowd as having almost a Death Wish (the movie) mentality...this feeling that the bad guys are lurking around every corner, just waiting for you to let your guard down.

And where can a civilian get the kind of training they'd need to really use a firearm in close-quarters combat? Knowing how to operate a gun and shoot targets is nice, but when the situation arises when you need to defend yourself, is that really going to help? What are the odds of someone who owns a gun for self defense, but is not actually a firearms afficionado, getting any use out of it?
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
LP Audio

Post by LP Audio »

I agree 100% it goes along with how we are treated in airports too. There is a major police state coming to Canada and the world. Gun laws are bogus and they want to take away the right to bear arms so that they can have there little plan. If many BC people have never heard of the Birth Certificate bonds that they can gain ahold of under their all capitalized corporations name ex: JOHN DOE which appears on all maritime admiralty documents. Maritime only applies to the PERSON/// go look up the definition in a canadian law dictionary. your all capitalized name is the PERSON you are the flesh and blood. In 1933 under the Order of Council in April (Canada) and HJR 192 in the USA took all gold and substance out of commerce and put the people up as chattel property. So they created a treasury account after being registered under the birth certificate this allows them to float bonds and obtain loans from the International banks. And if you think the Bank of Canada is a government organization think again. The Bank of Canada is the 13th division of the federal reserve, the federal reserve is no more federal than federal express and is an international outfit to which you pay taxes and fill the elites pockets. Go look up canada on the security exchange commission - it is on there! The red # on the back of the birth certificate is a tracking number and if you were to locate the account registered to it you could find it's value which is in the millions. you can become the creditor of this account JOHN DOE, and give credit to it, also use the treasury account to set off mortgages, credit card debt, etc. You don't even need a license to operate an automobile. Have you ever read the motor vehicle act? Well a driver takes part in commerce on the road, so unless you are doing business in your vehicle. But by applying for a license you give away these rights under common law and register yourself under maritime admiralty and now the operator becomes a driver, the automobile becomes a motor vehicle hence confined to the rules of the motor vehicle act. you can also gain access to these dividends, claim your right to grow your own gods plants, use unregistered firearms and defend your personal property which would then be yours. you see right now you don't own your body, car, house..... the banks have us believing that they put up assets to loan us the money when in fact we applied and registered giving away ownership and leaving us with equitable title. It wasnt the loan they had on the paper that created the digital # in your account it was your signature because we are the labor and we have the power to do this. look up fractional reserve banking, these banks are creating fraudulent contracts every time they loan us money.

Research:
Robert A Menard (www.thinkfree.ca)
- Bursting Bubbles of Government Deception
- Magnificent deception
- Demockery
- Robs Cunning Plan
- The Deceptions demise

Irene Gravenhorst
- choosing freedom videos

Mary Croft (www.spiritualeconomicsnow.net)
- How I clobbered every cash confiscating agency known? FREE E book if you search her name

Luke Denis

Winston Shrout

Other valuable information: google
The Money Masters video
Hijacking Humanity: part 3 law and commerce
Kymatica: section on maritime admiralty
Endgame Blueprint for global enslavement
Lindsey Williams - The Energy Non Crisis / The Next 12 months
Jordan Maxwell
Codex Alimentarius

Do we really want to continue to lose rights watch the world fall apart pay for wars, and pay taxes the whole time to the very international elite families and think groups who have been organizing the financial crisis to further buy up real assets and enslave the people. There is so much info out there, just take a peak and you will discover that much that we have and are told is one big lie
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Well, thanks for that, freeman. *removed - Jennylives
Time to move this thread to the Nefarious Plots forum.
Last edited by Nebula on Feb 18th, 2009, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.

Return to “Canada”