Deceiver prorogues, Iggy and Layton talk is OT here

User avatar
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4516
Joined: Oct 15th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Re: Deceiver prorogues, Iggy and Layton talk is OT here

Post by Bagotricks »

Liberty and Truth wrote:Layton's plan: Position yourself at a bar in Toronto before the Canada-USA gold medal hockey game front and center by a CTV camera you know is going to be showing crowd shots all game, and make sure you are all decked out in Team Canada gear. Then when Sidney Crosby scores the winning goal and an exuberant fan jumps in front of the money shot of you and your stupid grinning face at the bar celebrating make sure you grab her arm and push her out of the shot. This is the perfect example of what an attention grabbing weasel this guy is:


...or...

To get attention, you SHUT DOWN the house ( to also avoid some pesky torture questions and figure out how to tell Canada the national debt looks like a teenagers credit card bill ), fly out to Vancouver and sit in some nifty box seats WHERE EVERYONE can see him looking bored out of his mind watching hundreds of millions of dollars being spent to entertain.

I saw Jack in that Bar too. Down in the trenches with the working people that are paying for, and not profiting from the Olyimpics. I preffer his attention grabbing methods, rather than the alternative as demostrated by Harper. They are politicians, its their job to get attention. Its no surprise. We judge them on how they do it, and what it costs the taxpayers to do so.
Liberty and Truth

Re: Deceiver prorogues, Iggy and Layton talk is OT here

Post by Liberty and Truth »

Dunestraits wrote:I saw Jack in that Bar too. Down in the trenches with the working people that are paying for, and not profiting from the Olyimpics. I preffer his attention grabbing methods, rather than the alternative as demostrated by Harper. They are politicians, its their job to get attention. Its no surprise. We judge them on how they do it, and what it costs the taxpayers to do so.


oh barf. If you aren't writing spin for the NDP already they should hire you. "Down in the trenches" - yes Gretzky's bar is "down in the trenches" all right. So you prefer that he grab and push young girls out of his way to get attention than Harper's "method" of actually attending the games at his own expense and cheering on all of our athletes. Ok - to each his own - but I still think Layton is a weasel and your portrayal of his weasel-like behavior when not seen through the lens of a die-hard NDP supporter is nothing but the stuff of hearty guffaws.
User avatar
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19224
Joined: Dec 1st, 2004, 7:38 pm

Re: Deceiver prorogues, Iggy and Layton talk is OT here

Post by steven lloyd »

Liberty and Truth wrote: oh barf. If you aren't writing spin for the NDP already they should hire you. "Down in the trenches" - yes Gretzky's bar is "down in the trenches" all right. So you prefer that he grab and push young girls out of his way to get attention than Harper's "method" of actually attending the games at his own expense and cheering on all of our athletes. Ok - to each his own - but I still think Layton is a weasel and your portrayal of his weasel-like behavior when not seen through the lens of a die-hard NDP supporter is nothing but the stuff of hearty guffaws.


I'm not going to defend Layton but I am curious. I watched that video clip a number of times to try and see what all the fuss was about. I had to - I was really trying to see if something was there. I saw a young women's arm flying up in the face of a guy who gently pulled it down out of his face.

:137: Is this what we're making such a big deal of and trying to portray as "weasel-like behavior" ?
A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Liberty and Truth

Re: Deceiver prorogues, Iggy and Layton talk is OT here

Post by Liberty and Truth »

It's in the eye of the beholder - I see a guy who deliberately positioned himself where he could be seen by the camera, and then everytime the camera panned the crowd he would make sure we could all see his smiling mug to make sure we all knew he was there. Then when the goal is scored, he grabs the girl's arm and makes sure that the camera can see his face - it has nothing to do with her being in his personal space, she isn't even that close to him. You can tell on her face that she's not that happy about being grabbed either. Anyway - Layton is an attention grabbing weasel - I can't stand watching the televised debates anymore either because he just won't shut up and let the other leaders talk.
User avatar
nolanrh
Übergod
Posts: 1575
Joined: Feb 8th, 2007, 9:13 am

Re: Deceiver prorogues, Iggy and Layton talk is OT here

Post by nolanrh »

Liberty and Truth wrote:...

You're really bitter about this, eh? I thought it was a laughable attempt to get some face time, especially since we all saw through the obviousness of it...
Liberty and Truth

Re: Deceiver prorogues, Iggy and Layton talk is OT here

Post by Liberty and Truth »

nolanrh wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:...

You're really bitter about this, eh? I thought it was a laughable attempt to get some face time, especially since we all saw through the obviousness of it...


Yes I am really bitter... :127:

The only bitterness is in the hypocrisy - if Stephen Harper had grabbed some girl's arm and pulled it out of the way just to get his face on TV you can bet every nutjob in Canada would be crying for his resignation right now. Same thing if it had been Iggy. That's what I am really saying. Layton is a total weasel.
User avatar
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4516
Joined: Oct 15th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Re: Deceiver prorogues, Iggy and Layton talk is OT here

Post by Bagotricks »

Liberty and Truth wrote:
nolanrh wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:...

You're really bitter about this, eh? I thought it was a laughable attempt to get some face time, especially since we all saw through the obviousness of it...


Yes I am really bitter... :127:

The only bitterness is in the hypocrisy - if Stephen Harper had grabbed some girl's arm and pulled it out of the way just to get his face on TV you can bet every nutjob in Canada would be crying for his resignation right now.


Instead he shut down the entire government to watch people slide down hills - lots of people wanted him to resign - or at least get back to work.

Everyone was "positioning themselves". Jack paid for a few beers and some pretzels, Harper stopped the government, flew out to Vancouver, stayed in hotels, ate fancy meals and sat in some nifty box seats.

BUT JACK WAS TRYING TO GET INFRONT OF THE CAMERA - THE SHAME

Pft.
Liberty and Truth

Re: Deceiver prorogues, Iggy and Layton talk is OT here

Post by Liberty and Truth »

Dunestraits wrote:
BUT JACK WAS TRYING TO GET INFRONT OF THE CAMERA - THE SHAME

.


No - JACK PULLED A GIRL AWAY FROM THE CAMERA JUST TO MAXIMIZE HIS FACE TIME - THE SHAME.

Layton's a weasel - spin it anyway you want by bringing Harper into it (surprise surprise that you did) but Layton is a weasel through and through.
User avatar
dieseluphammerdown
Guru
Posts: 5255
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2009, 8:31 am

Re: Deceiver prorogues, Iggy and Layton talk is OT here

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Liberty and Truth wrote:
Dunestraits wrote:
BUT JACK WAS TRYING TO GET INFRONT OF THE CAMERA - THE SHAME

.


No - JACK PULLED A GIRL AWAY FROM THE CAMERA JUST TO MAXIMIZE HIS FACE TIME - THE SHAME.

Layton's a weasel - spin it anyway you want by bringing Harper into it (surprise surprise that you did) but Layton is a weasel through and through.
:dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

Yea it was Layton chasing the camera not the other way around.!! Yea ok got it. :coffeecanuck:

Wow talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Liberty and Truth

Re: Deceiver prorogues, Iggy and Layton talk is OT here

Post by Liberty and Truth »

flyerfan2 wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:
Dunestraits wrote:
BUT JACK WAS TRYING TO GET INFRONT OF THE CAMERA - THE SHAME

.


No - JACK PULLED A GIRL AWAY FROM THE CAMERA JUST TO MAXIMIZE HIS FACE TIME - THE SHAME.

Layton's a weasel - spin it anyway you want by bringing Harper into it (surprise surprise that you did) but Layton is a weasel through and through.
:dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

Yea it was Layton chasing the camera not the other way around.!! Yea ok got it. :coffeecanuck:

Wow talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.


you guys continuing to post about it certainly has that effect. Maybe if you guys stopped posting about it I would stop replying. I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish here but you actually called it exactly right - he was "chasing the camera" and grabbing and pushing people in the crowd out of the way of the camera. That much is pretty obvious. Not sure what :coffeecanuck: has to do with anything either - you called it right - Layton is a giant weasel. That opinion is not going to change.
User avatar
dieseluphammerdown
Guru
Posts: 5255
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2009, 8:31 am

Re: Deceiver prorogues, Iggy and Layton talk is OT here

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Liberty and Truth wrote:
flyerfan2 wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:
Dunestraits wrote:
BUT JACK WAS TRYING TO GET INFRONT OF THE CAMERA - THE SHAME

.


No - JACK PULLED A GIRL AWAY FROM THE CAMERA JUST TO MAXIMIZE HIS FACE TIME - THE SHAME.

Layton's a weasel - spin it anyway you want by bringing Harper into it (surprise surprise that you did) but Layton is a weasel through and through.
:dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

Yea it was Layton chasing the camera not the other way around.!! Yea ok got it. :coffeecanuck:

Wow talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.


you guys continuing to post about it certainly has that effect. Maybe if you guys stopped posting about it I would stop replying. I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish here but you actually called it exactly right - he was "chasing the camera" and grabbing and pushing people in the crowd out of the way of the camera. That much is pretty obvious. Not sure what :coffeecanuck: has to do with anything either - you called it right - Layton is a giant weasel. That opinion is not going to change.
Probably not.

Until one is willing to see things for what they are rather than what they want them to be because of a blind hate , then yes your right your opinion wont change.

Lot's of people let hate get in the way , that however make's their opinion on something worth a wooden nickel because of the lack of un bias thought that go's into forming those opinions.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Liberty and Truth

Re: Deceiver prorogues, Iggy and Layton talk is OT here

Post by Liberty and Truth »

all right - how did I know when dealing with NDP supporters that anything relating to Jack Layton would just take a turn right into the absurd. He could be caught on tape murdering somebody and the response from the nutjobs would be "hey at least he didn't prorogue parliament!!" Blind hate eh? How about willing blindness? See what you want in that video, I know what I see. See ya.
User avatar
dieseluphammerdown
Guru
Posts: 5255
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2009, 8:31 am

Re: Deceiver prorogues, Iggy and Layton talk is OT here

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Liberty and Truth wrote:all right - how did I know when dealing with NDP supporters that anything relating to Jack Layton would just take a turn right into the absurd. He could be caught on tape murdering somebody and the response from the nutjobs would be "hey at least he didn't prorogue parliament!!" Blind hate eh? How about willing blindness? See what you want in that video, I know what I see. See ya.

How do you know what party i support.?

I guess you *bleep*umed that because one can see right through your blind hate for someone and the party they represent and are insisting on making something out of nothing.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Liberty and Truth

Re: Deceiver prorogues, Iggy and Layton talk is OT here

Post by Liberty and Truth »

flyerfan2 wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:all right - how did I know when dealing with NDP supporters that anything relating to Jack Layton would just take a turn right into the absurd. He could be caught on tape murdering somebody and the response from the nutjobs would be "hey at least he didn't prorogue parliament!!" Blind hate eh? How about willing blindness? See what you want in that video, I know what I see. See ya.

How do you know what party i support.?

I guess you *bleep*umed that because one can see right through your blind hate for someone and the party they represent and are insisting on making something out of nothing.


:127:
Al Czervic
Guru
Posts: 7805
Joined: Nov 29th, 2004, 10:30 pm

Re: Deceiver prorogues, Iggy and Layton talk is OT here

Post by Al Czervic »

Liberty and Truth wrote:
Dunestraits wrote:I saw Jack in that Bar too. Down in the trenches with the working people that are paying for, and not profiting from the Olyimpics. I preffer his attention grabbing methods, rather than the alternative as demostrated by Harper. They are politicians, its their job to get attention. Its no surprise. We judge them on how they do it, and what it costs the taxpayers to do so.


oh barf. If you aren't writing spin for the NDP already they should hire you. "Down in the trenches" - yes Gretzky's bar is "down in the trenches" all right. So you prefer that he grab and push young girls out of his way to get attention than Harper's "method" of actually attending the games at his own expense and cheering on all of our athletes. Ok - to each his own - but I still think Layton is a weasel and your portrayal of his weasel-like behavior when not seen through the lens of a die-hard NDP supporter is nothing but the stuff of hearty guffaws.


Michael Smyth comments as welll...

You can't blame the politicians for wanting to ride this train. Even federal NDP Leader Jack Layton made sure he had a front-row seat at Wayne Gretzky's restaurant in Toronto for last Sunday's gold-medal hockey game. Layton plunked himself right in front of the CTV cameras for maximum face time.

This is the same Jack Layton widely credited with sabotaging Toronto's bid for the 1996 Summer Olympics, when he voted against it as a city councillor because he viewed the event as "socially irresponsible" backed by an "all-white, male" board of directors.
Back with a vengeance

Return to “Canada”