Importation of Protestors?

Al Czervic
Guru

Importation of Protestors?

Post by Al Czervic »

Climate change protestors & anti-globalization protestors are just two examples of the more militant groups who engage in protests that require a fair amount of police presence to maintain peace and order. Naturally there are other protests groups as well and these two were provided just as an example.

Protests cost taxpayers money in added policing costs not to mention those officers are not out solving and preventing serious crime when they are babysitting protest rallies.

Obviously here in Canada all Canadians have a right to engage in peaceful protests and demonstrations, that is NOT what this thread is about. My question is what about non-Canadians? Is it OK for Canadian protest groups to entice and invite protestors from other countries to come here and protest on Canadian soil ? I ask that because recently an American protestor was denied entry into Canada and thus prevented from protesting here.

Do we see this as a good thing or a bad thing ? Do we really need protestors from other countries protesting things like global warming here in Canada ?
Last edited by Al Czervic on Feb 8th, 2010, 9:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
Back with a vengeance
fred 2
Fledgling

Re: Importation of Protestors?

Post by fred 2 »

no, do these people not have jobs?
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

Does global warming stop at the border?
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
Liberty and Truth

Post by Liberty and Truth »

fred 2 wrote:no, do these people not have jobs?

:dyinglaughing:

They are government artists - they "draw" welfare. :dyinglaughing:
Liberty and Truth

old-bushman wrote:Does global warming stop at the border?

considering it doesn't exist - you are right - the stupidity surrounding it knows no borders.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

My question is do we really need people who do not vote here in Canada and pay their taxes elsewhere (assuming they pay taxes of course) Do we really need these types of people telling us how we should be spending our tax dollars on and what policies we should have ?

Personally I think most of these protestors come to Canada because we have to be one of the most protest friendly countries on the planet. Just look at what happens to protestors in Iran compared to here ? Funny how we rarely see foreign climate change protestors in Iran.
Back with a vengeance
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Al Czervic wrote: Funny how we rarely see foreign climate change protestors in Iran.

Ok, then let's deport them to Iran, no matter where they came from!
All my passwords are protected by amnesia!
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Al Czervic wrote:Funny how we rarely see foreign climate change protestors in Iran.

Maybe that's because Iran is a controlling Theocracy and we have democracy. To compare the two is stupid.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

Bsuds wrote:
Al Czervic wrote: Funny how we rarely see foreign climate change protestors in Iran.

Ok, then let's deport them to Iran, no matter where they came from!

But then they might actually get tortured and we would be on the hook to compensate them for millions of dollars. Only in Canada can you become a Canadian of convenience, go back to your home country, get tortured, come back to Canada and become a millionaire. After all it is always Canada’s fault how other countries treat their fellow citizens in their own correctional systems.
Last edited by Al Czervic on Feb 8th, 2010, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back with a vengeance
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

its called freedom of expression al, remember nazi germany? you want to go down that road again?
GO CANUCKS GO
Liberty and Truth

westsidebud wrote:its called freedom of expression al, remember nazi germany? you want to go down that road again?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Godwin has argued that overuse of Nazi and Hitler comparisons should be avoided, because it robs the valid comparisons of their impact.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

well surley you support protesting , even if you dont agree with the message dont you stiller?
GO CANUCKS GO
Liberty and Truth

westsidebud wrote:well surley you support protesting , even if you dont agree with the message dont you stiller?

I just think you can get your point across without jumping straight to Nazis.

I support protesting, especially causes like protesting against global warming - and when I say that, I mean protesting against all the people that say it exists and want to enact huge environmental taxes on the hysteric populace for zero gain to humanity. We should be protesting every day against any kind of carbon tax or otherwise, and against any takeover of our branch of government by environmental extremists, so we can avoid the economic downfall that has already struck Spain and California.
Last edited by Liberty and Truth on Feb 8th, 2010, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

westsidebud wrote:its called freedom of expression al, remember nazi germany? you want to go down that road again?

If you learned to read Westsidebud you would see that I clearly stated this is NOT about the rights of Canadians to protest or demonstrate here in Canada...(see this part down below)

Obviously here in Canada all Canadians have a right to engage in peaceful protests and demonstrations, that is NOT what this thread is about.

The issue is what rights do NON-Canadians have to protest here and tell us what to do? For example if a few aircraft loads of militants fly in to protest that Canada does NOT currently allow Sharia Law are people like you in support of that?
Back with a vengeance
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

westsidebud wrote:well surley you support protesting , even if you dont agree with the message dont you stiller?

As long as it's done peacefully and they don't get surly...
All my passwords are protected by amnesia!

Return to “Canada”