Importation of Protestors?

Liberty and Truth

Re: Importation of Protestors?

Post by Liberty and Truth »

It always bugs me when foreigners come here to protest. I don't support excluding them from our country, but it is always a red flag when they do come here. I remember in the late 80's Bishop Tutu from South Africa came to Canada to "draw attention" to the plight of Canadian natives. Excuse me - but isn't your own country pretty screwed up? Who paid your airfare to fly all the way here, just to embarrass us? Fix your own problems, then come and cry about our issues. Made no sense and I always wondered who the political hacks were behind that visit. It just stunk.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

ppl are ppl , the earth is our home, all of us.now its a no brainer some these ppl want a dust up with the cops, and i dnt believe in that, but i welcome non violent protesters to come say their peace lol,other wise take this forum for example, why let anyone outside the kelowna are post here?
GO CANUCKS GO
Liberty and Truth

westsidebud wrote:ppl are ppl , the earth is our home, all of us.now its a no brainer some these ppl want a dust up with the cops, and i dnt believe in that, but i welcome non violent protesters to come say their peace lol,other wise take this forum for example, why let anyone outside the kelowna are post here?

yeah the Olympic Action idiots say they don't want violence, and if there is any violence it will be from the cops. If anyone actually believes that there's a bridge across Lake Okanagan I want to sell you - real cheap.
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

Just as long as they spend lots of cash while they're up here. It will be good for our economy. Foreign investment, trade surpluses, and all that kind of thing. I wonder if Gordo himself organised these protesters. You know he will do whatever he can to help the BC economy.
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
Liberty and Truth

old-bushman wrote:Just as long as they spend lots of cash while they're up here. It will be good for our economy. Foreign investment, trade surpluses, and all that kind of thing. I wonder if Gordo himself organised these protesters. You know he will do whatever he can to help the BC economy.

judging from the crew that was on TV last week for the "Olympic Resistance" or whatever, I'd say the only thing these people will be consuming is a lot of home-grown bud. So the guys that sell it will be happy anyway. And people who sell doritos.
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

What's the going price for a quarter ounce of "doritos" these days? There might be some way for the average British Columbian to make some money off these Olympics after all.
Hmmmmmmmmm.
Last edited by ILBT uh-huh on Feb 8th, 2010, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

well my whole point is protesting dwn in the states helped end segragation, helped liberate women , equal rights and stuff, and the message iv been getting from the olympic protesters is why spend all that money on the games when it could go to better use, i suspect al started this thread because i think it drives him nuts when ppl dont hush up and actualy be human and free think
GO CANUCKS GO
Liberty and Truth

westsidebud wrote:well my whole point is protesting dwn in the states helped end segragation, helped liberate women , equal rights and stuff, and the message iv been getting from the olympic protesters is why spend all that money on the games when it could go to better use, i suspect al started this thread because i think it drives him nuts when ppl dont hush up and actualy be human and free think

and if the Olympics were segregated, kept women in bondage, and didn't have equal rights, I could see a point to there being protests. Since none of these is happening at the Olympics, and the money that everyone thinks should be given to the poor has already been committed and largely spent, there's not much point in protesting now is there?
mrj222
Übergod

Post by mrj222 »

Al Czervic wrote:
westsidebud wrote:its called freedom of expression al, remember nazi germany? you want to go down that road again?

If you learned to read Westsidebud you would see that I clearly stated this is NOT about the rights of Canadians to protest or demonstrate here in Canada...(see this part down below)

Obviously here in Canada all Canadians have a right to engage in peaceful protests and demonstrations, that is NOT what this thread is about.

The issue is what rights do NON-Canadians have to protest here and tell us what to do? For example if a few aircraft loads of militants fly in to protest that Canada does NOT currently allow Sharia Law are people like you in support of that?

So essentially what you're saying is that people from other countries deserve less rights than the average canadian citizen gets just because they're visitors?

Personally I think that's a load of crap. We've established a set of rights and freedoms that we as a society feel are important/required to live in a free society why in the hell would we not extend that to our guests?

Non canadians have every right to protest here and tell us what to do we also have the right to completely ignore them or tell them to get bent. Freedom is great isnt it?
We can't stop here, this is bat country!
mrj222
Übergod

Post by mrj222 »

Liberty and Truth wrote:
westsidebud wrote:ppl are ppl , the earth is our home, all of us.now its a no brainer some these ppl want a dust up with the cops, and i dnt believe in that, but i welcome non violent protesters to come say their peace lol,other wise take this forum for example, why let anyone outside the kelowna are post here?

yeah the Olympic Action idiots say they don't want violence, and if there is any violence it will be from the cops. If anyone actually believes that there's a bridge across Lake Okanagan I want to sell you - real cheap.

I guess you don't read the news much eh? The RCMP/VPD are responsible for turning a lot of incidents violent.
We can't stop here, this is bat country!
Liberty and Truth

mrj222 wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:

I guess you don't read the news much eh? The RCMP/VPD are responsible for turning a lot of incidents violent.

right. And "the news" is totally reliable as a source right? I know that in the cases of Dr. Pepper and the Vancouver riots, the police brutality was more than required for the situation. The Police aren't angels - we get that - they are human - faced with an unruly crowd the adrenaline gets pumping and then human behavior takes over. Which is why if you have half a brain in your head, you avoid unruly crowds and taunting police in riot gear.

These Olympic poverty fools are a different breed of protestor - the 1994 riots were just drunk hockey fans pushed a bit too far. The poverty guys are the same clowns that protest at every G8 summit and WTO conference, and their whole goal is to get on the news. They know that just standing around with a sign with something dumb written on it makes for only a quick 3 second shot on the local news, whereas they get filmed with tear gas all around them and a cop taking a billy club to their head and that makes world headlines. I expect these "protestors" to take all means necessary to get the footage they need - including throwing stones, bricks etc. Of course after the fact, they'll say "the cops started it" but only the truly brain-washed will believe that.
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

Any publicity is good publicity. If these protesters can make any government think twice about ripping off their citizens by hosting the games, then their job will have been worth it. We must take great pains to educate the next Olympic host city on just what a bad idea these games are.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

Liberty and Truth wrote: I expect these "protestors" to take all means necessary to get the footage they need - including throwing stones, bricks etc. Of course after the fact, they'll say "the cops started it" but only the truly brain-washed will believe that.

And don’t forget the lawsuits. They will of course be filing those looking to cash in there as well. Funny they always sue for pain and suffering and never lost income though. Hard to sue for loss of income when you are a career loser to begin with.
Back with a vengeance
Liberty and Truth

old-bushman wrote:Any publicity is good publicity. If these protesters can make any government think twice about ripping off their citizens by hosting the games, then their job will have been worth it. We must take great pains to educate the next Olympic host city on just what a bad idea these games are.

yes - please alert Sochi Russia about what a bad idea it is that they are hosting in 2014 - even fly over there and do it in person. Let me know how much you enjoy the gulag you get sentenced to.
Last edited by Liberty and Truth on Feb 8th, 2010, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberty and Truth

Al Czervic wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote: I expect these "protestors" to take all means necessary to get the footage they need - including throwing stones, bricks etc. Of course after the fact, they'll say "the cops started it" but only the truly brain-washed will believe that.

And don’t forget the lawsuits. They will of course be filing those looking to cash in there as well. Funny they always sue for pain and suffering and never lost income though. Hard to sue for loss of income when you are a career loser to begin with.

sue for lost welfare payments? :dyinglaughing:

Return to “Canada”