Politicians

YoungFarmer
Fledgling

Politicians

Post by YoungFarmer »

Have you ever wondered why most politicians are so shrewed? Have you ever looked up the definition of a politician; it explains everything.(I picked out the good ones)

A seeker or holder of public office, who is more concerned about winning favor or retaining power than about maintaining principles.
A person who seeks to gain power or advancement within an organization in ways that are generally disapproved.
One who seeks personal or partisan gain, often by scheming and maneuvering

Do you think a politician is looking out for you? Or what would actually make our society work more efficiently? Thats laughable, just like our local government, 15% affordable housing is more profitable then 20% affordable housing. Even though the community needs much more. Politicians forget they are serving the people. Is the job of the government to make money to spend else where, or try to improve the living status of its citizens. It seems like the first one tends to outweigh the second.

My rant is done. :eyeballspin:
Last edited by YoungFarmer on Mar 9th, 2010, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: Politicians

Post by steven lloyd »

YoungFarmer wrote: My rant is done. :eyeballspin:

Don't stop. You've hardly got warmed up there yet young fella.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

YoungFarmer wrote: Is the job of the government to make money to spend else where, or try to improve the living status of its citizens.

The job of government is to govern. Everything else is meddling. Meddling creates and breeds corruption.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

I remember a few years back when former MLA Rick Thorpe created a $250,000 endowment scholarship fund out of his own pocket. If you think about what his after tax net income was from being an MLA, he was basically doing the job for free. To suggest all politicians are in it for the money is simply untrue and inaccurate.

Many MLA’s and MP’s gave up considerably more in income earning potential to serve, or at least try and serve the public interest. Obviously some are in it only for themselves but I think we do have to give some credit for those who truly do make sacrifices trying to help create better communities.
Back with a vengeance

Return to “Canada”