Our courts and Judges need an overhaul

BVulgaris
Board Meister

Re: Our courts and Judges need an overhaul

Post by BVulgaris »

I agree, its why it exists and why the highest courts are held to a high standard.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

The analogy has to be taken at face value as there are always exceptions. Besides, in the 2nd opinion thing you still had to go to someone that has expertise that you don't have.
The point being is here we have non experts saying how something needs to change when in reality they never went to law school, practiced, or spent twenty years on the bench. Thanks but no thanks, I'll stick with the guys in the know
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

WhatThe wrote:The point being is here we have non experts saying how something needs to change when in reality they never went to law school, practiced, or spent twenty years on the bench. Thanks but no thanks, I'll stick with the guys in the know

I think we need to look at implanting some changes, but compared to what I read by many posters here I’ll also stick with the people we already have on the bench for now.
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

My point was, how do you know they know? How do you make sure yourself?

Its true at some point you put your faith in some one's hands. I do understand you have made your choice of criteria, and i understand your point about people making their own uneducated choices, but I think its important to allow dissent but also the channels to study and if necessary rectify. Not at all an easy task.

Return to “Canada”