Funny Canadians

westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Funny Canadians

Post by westsidebud »

i thought brian mulruney our ex pm was just laugh out loud funny, his leadership was like a non stop monolog.

another funny canuck is jean cretien, that side talking poutine eating liberal wasa better than tuning into happydays or the brady bunch.

now for real chuckles how about our supreme court ,, you ever watch on tv? man i cant watch for more than 10 minutes or im peeing myself laughing
GO CANUCKS GO
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: funny canadians

Post by Piecemaker »

You seem to be living in another reality. Our Prime Ministers tend to be a dull lot. Ditto for our courts.
Drawing attention to Cretien's birth defect that left his face partially paralyzed is low-class, unfair comment.

Try less weed and Depends.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Post by fluffy »

Piecemaker wrote:Try less weed and Depends.

Now wait a minute, that's kind of......it's sort of......what I mean to say is......what was the question again?......boy am I hungry.
Never miss a good chance to shut up.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

Piecemaker wrote:You seem to be living in another reality. Our Prime Ministers tend to be a dull lot. Ditto for our courts.
Drawing attention to Cretien's birth defect that left his face partially paralyzed is low-class, unfair comment.

sorry to dissapoint you but by sidetalking i ment that he would say one thing then do another, so before you go accusing ppl of stuff, find out what they mean first
GO CANUCKS GO
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

anyone remember mulrunys wife mila and how she spent our tax money on anything she deemed she should have? lol she should run for pm
GO CANUCKS GO
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

Piecemaker wrote:You seem to be living in another reality. Our Prime Ministers tend to be a dull lot. Ditto for our courts.

heres what i ment exactly

The Quebec referendum to pursue secession is defeated by a slim margin. Soon after, the federal government launches a sponsorship and advertising campaign and hires advertising and communications companies to help deliver it.

Sponsorship program is created to improve the visibility of the federal government. It’s managed by the Communications Co-ordination Services Branch (CCSB) under the direction of Chuck Guité, who retired in 1999.

To oversee the campaign, the Communications Coordination Services Branch (CCSB) is created at the Public Works department, under the direction of Chuck Guité.

Guité retires form the CCSB post and is replaced by Pierre Trémblay, former chief of staff to then-Public Works Minister Alfonso Gagliano.

A Globe story reveals that almost all of the sponsorship budget is spent in Quebec, even though the government at the time refused to acknowledge the initiative was designed to boost support for federalism in that province.

A report by Federal Ethics Counsellor Howard Wilson clears Gagliano of any conflict of interest in awarding contracts to the advertising companies that subcontracted their printing business to his son’s company.

After a major cabinet shuffle, Prime Minister Jean Chrétien appoints Gagliano ambassador to Denmark. He denies the move is related to the sponsorship scandal or the allegations that he interfered in the internal affairs of Crown corporations that reported to him. Don Boudria is appointed Public Works minister.

Goodale releases new rules governing the federal advertising program in an effort to make the contracting process fairer.

The auditor-general releases her report on the sponsorship program, describing the mismanagement of the program money as “scandalous.” The program received $250-million between 1997 and 2001, $100-million of which went to communications consultants that had close ties to the Liberal Party. The RCMP, Via Rail, Canada Post, the Business Development Bank of Canada and the Old Port of Montreal were also involved in questionable practices under the sponsorship program, such as transactions in which the government transferred money to them through an ad agency that took a significant cut. Martin fires Alphonso Gagliano from his post as ambassador to Denmark and announces a public inquiry, headed by Quebec Justice John Gomery. Also introduces whistle blower legislation.

In the wake of Justice John Gomery’s musings in media interviews, lawyers for Jean Chrétien call for his resignation, saying he is biased.

Justice John Gomery delivers a second report, recommending sweeping changes to government to decentralize its power and increase transparency in hopes of averting future scandals. He says tough new laws are needed in Ottawa to protect the public service from political interference and to hold accountable any politicians who break the rules.

Gomery calls in his report for checks on the ability of the prime minister to manage special reserve funds -- the kind used to support sponsorship projects under prime minister Jean Chretien. He also recommends that the role of the clerk of the Privy Council, the prime minister's right-hand man, would be redefined.

Chrétien refused even to comment on how Martin has dealt with the scandal so far.

"I don't think anymore," he said. "I was the government, I replied to all your questions – a lot of them. Now if you have questions ask the government
GO CANUCKS GO
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

westsidebud wrote:

sorry to dissapoint you but by sidetalking i ment that he would say one thing then do another, so before you go accusing ppl of stuff, find out what they mean first

I call BS. And the "poutine eating" comment had nothing to do with his French ethnicity either, I'm sure.

Mulroney did as much or more of this so-called "side-talking" as Cretien, only we called him "Lyin' Brian". In the event you haven't noticed, there seems to be a speaking pattern among politicians federally and provincially.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

Piecemaker wrote:
westsidebud wrote:

I call BS. And the "poutine eating" comment had nothing to do with his French ethnicity either, I'm sure.

Mulroney did as much or more of this so-called "side-talking" as Cretien, only we called him "Lyin' Brian". In the event you haven't noticed, there seems to be a speaking pattern among politicians federally and provincially.

lol sorry but lots of ppl think cretien was a snake oil sales man and thats exactly what i ment . do i need to remind you what you have said about gw bush basicaly calling him a murder? thats some how less offensive than saying someone eats poutine? i eat poutine im part french and ill critisize any political leader in our history because most but not all have used the office for personal gain . you want to kiss cretiens azz go for it but dnt expect a big line up behind you lol
GO CANUCKS GO
Liberty and Truth

Post by Liberty and Truth »

one of the funniest politicians was Sharon Carstairs - she talked like a cartoon character. After she failed miserably as Liberal leader in Manitoba she should have faded into obscurity but Chretien made her a senator so she ended up having the last laugh.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

Liberty and Truth wrote:one of the funniest politicians was Sharon Carstairs - she talked like a cartoon character. After she failed miserably as Liberal leader in Manitoba she should have faded into obscurity but Chretien made her a senator so she ended up having the last laugh.

i never even heard about her, but yea just goes to show you how great a leader jean was ( not ) :coffeecanuck:
GO CANUCKS GO
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Looking for funny Canadians can be like looking for your sunglasses when they're flipped up on your head... for some, looking in the mirror can be the easiest solution.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

I think the mug shot with Gordan Campbell smiling has to high on the list, or how about drunken Ralph Klein's evening lecturing at a homeless shelter? Maybe instead of "funny canadians" this forum should be called the "most laughed at".
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Politicians are always good for a laugh. Will Rogers, a famous U.S. humorist of the early 20th century, once said that when he ran out of material he just read out what Congress had done that day and the audience roared with laughter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Rogers
quietlywatching84
Übergod

Post by quietlywatching84 »

I actually always thought Jean was good at one-liners. That pie-in-the-face incident made for great TV too.
Silence is golden and duct tape is silver.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

quietlywatching84 wrote:I actually always thought Jean was good at one-liners. That pie-in-the-face incident made for great TV too.

He must've liked Africa because he often talked about "da tragedy of da September elephant!"
They say you can't believe everything they say.

Return to “Canada”