Canada pledges $400 Million MORE for Haiti

hutton
Fledgling
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 2nd, 2008, 10:22 am

Canada pledges $400 Million MORE for Haiti

Post by hutton »

I am all for helping out, but what I would like to know is where is this $400 Million MORE going to come from?????????? We are goint to become a 3rd world country ourselves by trying to help out ever other 3rd world country. I am all for helping out but come on, there are limits.
User avatar
dieseluphammerdown
Guru
Posts: 5255
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2009, 8:31 am

Re: Canada Pledges $400illion MORE for Haiti

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Agreed this is getting out of hand. :purefury:
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
intheknow
Board Meister
Posts: 546
Joined: Jan 21st, 2010, 12:18 pm

Re: Canada Pledges $400illion MORE for Haiti

Post by intheknow »

flyerfan2 wrote:Agreed this is getting out of hand. :purefury:



haha 400 million is peanuts.The useless baseless afgahn war has cost over 11.5 billion dollars and for what??? NOTHING.As much as I hate the 400 million hand out at least it will be to rebuild and do good unlike the afgahn war.
hutton
Fledgling
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 2nd, 2008, 10:22 am

Re: Canada pledges $400 Million MORE for Haiti

Post by hutton »

Yes, our gov't loves handing out/spending money like it's going out of style, they just don't like giving it out to or spending it on CANADIANS!!!!!!!!!!
intheknow
Board Meister
Posts: 546
Joined: Jan 21st, 2010, 12:18 pm

Re: Canada pledges $400 Million MORE for Haiti

Post by intheknow »

hutton wrote:Yes, our gov't loves handing out/spending money like it's going out of style, they just don't like giving it out to or spending it on CANADIANS!!!!!!!!!!


You go to work and u pay income tax
so they are able to spend it on other countrys people.Is that not how it suppossed to work?? :dyinglaughing:
Lately it sure seems that way anyhow :skippingsheep:
WhatThe

Re: Canada pledges $400 Million MORE for Haiti

Post by WhatThe »

You guys are right. We should build a another small bridge here in canada and let those poor Haitian *bleep* die of disease, starvation and exposure.
hutton
Fledgling
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 2nd, 2008, 10:22 am

Re: Canada pledges $400 Million MORE for Haiti

Post by hutton »

Sure, sounds good to me. People are dying of starvation, disease, war, and so on, ALL over the world,why should Canadian taxpayers be finacialy responsible for saving the world. We have our own *bleep* to deal with. NOW i am not saying we shouldn't help and give aid, but there has to limits.
User avatar
nolanrh
Übergod
Posts: 1575
Joined: Feb 8th, 2007, 9:13 am

Re: Canada pledges $400 Million MORE for Haiti

Post by nolanrh »

hutton wrote:Sure, sounds good to me. People are dying of starvation, disease, war, and so on, ALL over the world,why should Canadian taxpayers be finacialy responsible for saving the world. We have our own *bleep* to deal with. NOW i am not saying we shouldn't help and give aid, but there has to limits.


For some of us, those limits haven't been reached yet.
User avatar
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3702
Joined: May 12th, 2009, 4:54 pm

Re: Canada pledges $400 Million MORE for Haiti

Post by StraitTalk »

Haiti is not our problem. Meanwhile make sure not to break a leg, or have a child as your leg may not see a surgeon and your kid may not see a classroom. Although we're wasting way more money in Afghanistan so....
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
Posts: 28548
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Canada pledges $400 Million MORE for Haiti

Post by grammafreddy »

nolanrh wrote:
hutton wrote:Sure, sounds good to me. People are dying of starvation, disease, war, and so on, ALL over the world,why should Canadian taxpayers be finacialy responsible for saving the world. We have our own *bleep* to deal with. NOW i am not saying we shouldn't help and give aid, but there has to limits.


For some of us, those limits haven't been reached yet.


Good, then you give my share, too, okay?

I am past my limit of do-gooding.

The Haitian people are not and have not benefited from the billions they have already supposedly received. But some crooked folks somewhere sure have.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
User avatar
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 24998
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2008, 5:06 pm

Re: Canada pledges $400 Million MORE for Haiti

Post by Captain Awesome »

I haven't donated any money to Haiti cause, and not planing to.

So, I'd say you do the same thing if you feel opposed to it.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
Posts: 28548
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Canada pledges $400 Million MORE for Haiti

Post by grammafreddy »

Captain Awesome wrote:I haven't donated any money to Haiti cause, and not planing to.

So, I'd say you do the same thing if you feel opposed to it.


Yes, you have. Every penny the government commits to Haiti comes from taxpayers' pockets. If you pay taxes, you donate to Haiti (and every other freekin' charity and impoverished people that the government so generously gives to).
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
User avatar
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 24998
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2008, 5:06 pm

Re: Canada pledges $400 Million MORE for Haiti

Post by Captain Awesome »

grammafreddy wrote:Yes, you have. Every penny the government commits to Haiti comes from taxpayers' pockets. If you pay taxes, you donate to Haiti (and every other freekin' charity and impoverished people that the government so generously gives to).


Yeah, I know. Doesn't really bother me.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
User avatar
ILBT uh-huh
Guru
Posts: 5900
Joined: Nov 30th, 2009, 8:01 pm

Re: Canada pledges $400 Million MORE for Haiti

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

What is the population of Haiti?
How much has been pledged/donated so far?
How much more will come out of this conference?
Do the math.
Why does everybody in Haiti get to become a millionaire(theoretically)
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
User avatar
JLives
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 18960
Joined: Nov 27th, 2004, 10:53 am

Re: Canada pledges $400 Million MORE for Haiti

Post by JLives »

Captain Awesome wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:Yes, you have. Every penny the government commits to Haiti comes from taxpayers' pockets. If you pay taxes, you donate to Haiti (and every other freekin' charity and impoverished people that the government so generously gives to).


Yeah, I know. Doesn't really bother me.


Me neither.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “Canada”