Suspected of being guilty until proven innocent

FreeRights
Guru

Re: Suspected of being guilty until proven innocent

Post by FreeRights »

grammafreddy wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:How many times you two wanna pay for something? Isn't once enough?

Oh, don't make me laugh. Anybody who ever paid taxes even once all of a sudden thinks this country owes them forever for every single thing and everything should be free. Even if you work only part time or for minimum wage, or just like anybody cheat on taxes so avoid paying. Or rent your place so don't pay any municipal taxes probably anyway. Or work for cash or pay for things for cash to avoid HST or barter for things - but still fully convinced that for you everything should be free from the very moment a measly amount leaves your paycheck.

NOBODY OWES YOU ANYTHING.

Get real, would ya?

You don't pay attention much, do you? But you sure do love to attack my posts. I am just about the last person on this forum who thinks the world owes them anything. Government double charging pisses me off.

They aren't double charging at all. Do you want to pay extra for this investigation to conclude, or do you want someone who could be doing the city a great good to be behind a computer doing it?

The cost covers the time it takes for a person to complete the check. It's not exactly "double charging" at all.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
zzontar
Guru

Re: Suspected of being guilty until proven innocent

Post by zzontar »

They double charge in the sense that after paying for a criminal check and passing, you might also have to pay for them to check if you're a sex offender, which I always thought was a crime so should come up in a criminal check. What's next, pay again to see if you're not a murderer, then again to see if you're a bank robber, and so on?
They say you can't believe everything they say.

Return to “Canada”