Liberal Senator wants to ban spanking

Walking Wounded
Übergod

Re: Liberal Senator wants to ban spanking

Post by Walking Wounded »

When my youngest daughter was about 2 1/2 yrs old I caught her pulling out a plug and trying to plug it back in. I gave her a good swat on the back of her hand, Felt like a piece of crap for doing it. About 6 or 7 months later she was passing the same plug, she stopped & reached for the plug,before I said anything she stopped looked at her hand then looked at the plug then she walked away never touching the plug.

Now as i said i felt like crap for smacking her hand but she did learn that touching a plug causes pain & I would much rather her learn with a smack than being electrocuted. You can't reason with a 3 yr old tell them something will hurt them & they don't understand they are having fun & that is all that matters to them, show them it hurts & they understand.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Liberal Senator wants to ban spanking

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Walking Wounded wrote:When my youngest daughter was about 2 1/2 yrs old I caught her pulling out a plug and trying to plug it back in. I gave her a good swat on the back of her hand, Felt like a piece of crap for doing it. About 6 or 7 months later she was passing the same plug, she stopped & reached for the plug,before I said anything she stopped looked at her hand then looked at the plug then she walked away never touching the plug.

Now as i said i felt like crap for smacking her hand but she did learn that touching a plug causes pain & I would much rather her learn with a smack than being electrocuted. You can't reason with a 3 yr old tell them something will hurt them & they don't understand they are having fun & that is all that matters to them, show them it hurts & they understand.

tsk tsk tsk....you need to be sent to a Senator Céline Hervieux-Payette ReEducation Camp immediately for harbouring such common sense parenting skills. :dyinglaughing:

"Badly behaved children, especially ages three to six, simply need to be persuaded “through argument in order to bring them under control.”

Obviously - you need to be "re-educated" per the Hervieux-Payette social engineering method such that the next child you see poking her fingers into an electrical socket will be "persuaded through argument" not to electrocute herself. :dyinglaughing:
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Canada”