Canada Post opening mail

Russ79
Board Meister

Re: Canada Post opening mail

Post by Russ79 »

Just like how cops check your car ilegally then say they suspected drugs same goes for the postoffice. Loopholes everywhere and they do what they want.
If you are reading this thank your teacher.
If you are reading this in english thank a vet.
bree-anna
Fledgling

Post by bree-anna »

they need a warrant in order to open mail. I talked to the post office and they said they are doing a full investigation into this matter . There is so many things they have to do in order to gain permission to open mail and it involves getting an oder from the court house so they are legally able to open it. So due to the regina post office having several complaints about this happening they are now doing something about it
kina
Board Meister

Post by kina »

I can understand that CSIS can have bigger clearance to do things such as open mail, even though that is pushing it too. But what I cannot understand is why my documents, such as my student ID and my certificates, seem to disappear out of my mail (there have been several incidences over a certain period of time) with no trace and yet everything else such as my bills and other mail still arrive and are intact. Ok, open my mail, I don't care so much. There's nothing in there anyway. But what the hell are you doing with my school ID? Why keep it?

The only thing I can think of about this (which may or may not be true) is that down the road I will have "problems" with my schooling or even job opportunities.
"The Ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy...”
-Martin Luther King
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

heymac wrote:Yes it does say Postal workers. But lets remember that this statement is from the media and we all know how reliable they are.

:dyinglaughing: Yes, just as reliable as the union rank and file are, anytime they are looked to for an unbiased response.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

In Ontario recently a postal worker was accused of stealing mail. That person kept tons of undelivered items in it's flat. I'll try to find the link.

Edit:
Here's the link
http://news.sympatico.ca/oped/coffee-ta ... l/5b96ef13

And I also found out that 500,000$ steal from 2 Canadapost workers (june 2011)
http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/06/14/can ... mail-theft
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

^^ That can't be, a union member postal worker would never engage in such debauchery. :dyinglaughing:

In all seriousness though, the ridiculous part of that article is that this person wasn't even fired.

An apartment full of mail and she still has her job? There's a wonderful example of what unions can do for us.
kina
Board Meister

Post by kina »

^^Unions? That has nothing do do with unions. They are too small to be able to deter something as big as mail theft. These were government workers so they are protected by government. And this kind of thing probably happens all the time with their workers so they couldn't fire just one of them otherwise they'd have to sack half of the employees.

Where the hell is the Human Rights group? Are they even doing anything anymore? Who are they really? Just a mask covering the same people who commit acts such as this?
"The Ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy...”
-Martin Luther King
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:^^ That can't be, a union member postal worker would never engage in such debauchery. :dyinglaughing:

In all seriousness though, the ridiculous part of that article is that this person wasn't even fired.

An apartment full of mail and she still has her job? There's a wonderful example of what unions can do for us.

She didn't steal it, she was just storing it cause they were running out of room at the PO. We can't have the mail delivered too quickly! :127:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

kina wrote:They are too small to be able to deter something as big as mail theft. These were government workers so they are protected by government. And this kind of thing probably happens all the time with their workers so they couldn't fire just one of them otherwise they'd have to sack half of the employees.

That would explain all union government workers.

Theft of mail is an indictable offence under Section 356 of the Criminal Code, carrying a maximum penalty of 10 years in jail.

Postal workers are exempt though, and are offered free Tim Hortons for a month, a signed postcard from their hero Newman and a free ride on a postal cart.

Not afraid to say "It".
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

kina wrote:^^Unions? That has nothing do do with unions. They are too small to be able to deter something as big as mail theft.

I'm quite confident that the union is the reason that employee still has a job. Unionized work places make it extremely difficult to fire a member.

I find it truly alarming that this offender is still employed by the postal service.
kina
Board Meister

Post by kina »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
kina wrote:^^Unions? That has nothing do do with unions. They are too small to be able to deter something as big as mail theft.

I'm quite confident that the union is the reason that employee still has a job. Unionized work places make it extremely difficult to fire a member.

I find it truly alarming that this offender is still employed by the postal service.

I still highly doubt it. No union is stronger than government. If the government wanted this dealt with then it would have already happened, as was seen here with the postal workers: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20111012/canada-post-lawsuit-federal-government-lawsuit-111012/.
Or even here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7bBQaO-7oM

One of the reasons that I don't like the idea of abolishing unions. There's a reason that they are there.

If the government wants something to happen, it does. If it isn't interested, nothing happens. It's that simple. Nothing to do with unions
-Martin Luther King
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Are you kidding me? Did you see this recent breach of trust?

Unless I missed something, this url takes you to a story about a missing snowmobiler. I think Castanet reuses their tags.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: CANADA POST OPENING MAIL

Post by Ken7 »

ILBT uh-huh wrote:Canada Post has been opening mail forever. Well, not Canada Post per say. The CSIS does this every day to hundreds of people with the full co-operation of Canada Post. It is illegal, but they use loopholes. I would imagine the RCMP have a system in place to do the same thing by now. Canada Post only does it if they suspect mail fraud, which is pretty much an open licence.

I've got to ask, where you have found this information that CSIS is opening mail?

Have you personally witnessed this or is this something someone was told by someone who was told by someone else?
RanchLife42

Post by RanchLife42 »

:200: can someone elaborate about Canada Post opening mail and packages.
As we started a lawsuit and are in court with them soon . They opened package they had no business doing so, as well as an envelope , they opened and returned to me opened . The package they kept.
I need fuel to fight these pompas arrogant self entitled corporation and its minions.

Return to “Canada”