Quebec Prosecutor Order Police Investigation - Charra

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Quebec Prosecutor Order Police Investigation - Charra

Post by Treblehook »

Only in Quebec could this happen!!! At least I would hope that it could only happen there. Of all the violent hits that have occurred in the NHL this year, it seems implausable that any educated Canadian could decide that the Charra hit needs to be investigated to determine if his actions were worthy of criminal charges. Unbelievable.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Re: Quebec Prosecutor Order Police Investigation - Charra

Post by coffeeFreak »

Treblehook wrote:Only in Quebec could this happen!!! At least I would hope that it could only happen there. Of all the violent hits that have occurred in the NHL this year, it seems implausable that any educated Canadian could decide that the Charra hit needs to be investigated to determine if his actions were worthy of criminal charges. Unbelievable.

Link?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nh ... a-hit?bn=1

NHL could lose Air Canada sponsorship over headshots

In the wake of the league declining to suspend Zdeno Chara for a massive hit on Montreal’s Max Pacioretti, a major corporate sponsor of the NHL is threatening to end ties with the league out of frustration with the league’s position on headshots, according to an Ottawa newspaper.

The Ottawa Sun, in a report from Sunrise, Fla., said that Air Canada sent a letter to commissioner Gary Bettman, threatening to withdraw its sponsorship if the league doesn’t take “immediate’’ and “serious’’ action on headshots. Corporate marketing executive Denis Vandal wrote the letter, saying the corporation had a social responsibility to take a stand against “irresponsible accidents” adding, “Action must be taken by the NHL before we are encountered with a fatality.’’

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/951 ... shots?bn=1
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

I've always believed what happens on the ice should stay on the ice. However, I am beginning to tire of the cheap shots and would line to see more respect, perhaps with air canadas threat others will follow and we can persuade the players to ease off on the questionable hits. Hey, I like a good hard hitting game but I don't like seeing players injured from cheap shots.

The player has a fractured fourth vertebre, that's not what we pay money to see.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

what a great way to spend taxpayers' money - and since this is Quebec, this is Canadian taxpayer money, thanks to the multi-billions of transfer payments Quebec sucks down from the rest of Canada every year. Just pathetic.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

im most impressed with bettmans reciprocated "veiled" threats thrown back air canadas way when he said there are other carriers that would step into a marketing partnership with a "great brand" of their own with the NHL in a heartbeat. i think that the sensationalism and media outcry stemming from a partisan francophone company for a francophone team is pathetic. air canada could have sent out a memo or something with their concerns to the NHL. they didnt have to stamp their foot down and come across like they were saying "or else" which is a tried and true tactic for francophones with parlament but not with bettman. that was a bit too much and bettman was right to shut them down like he did. montreal has a reputation amongst the league that their younger players lack respect for veterans of the league. and as a result one of the players that was a culprit of the complaints got hurt. im not necessarily happy about it but it was bound to happen. i think that just like the situation leading up to the bertuzzi incident the NHL dropped the ball. the league should have taken some sort of action and then it would have been a tonic on an emotional issue with the teams and the fans. if there had been action taken when naslund was disrespected on the ice and hurt by the avalanche then bertuzzi and the team would have felt less compelled to take things in their own hands.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

It’s interesting that while all this is going on there are those within Quebec trying to get the Federal Government to buck up for a new sports arena and there is also an effort to bring another NHL franchise to Quebec. Good luck to them I say if Quebec prosecutors decide to go after Charra and the NHL on this issue.
Back with a vengeance
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

nice one al. very true. but in true francophone style they are probably on the attack because they didnt get things their own way and didnt get what they want. lol

Return to “Canada”