Transgender bathrooms in university

French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Transgender bathrooms in university

Post by French Castanut »

I chocked on my coffee this morning...

Bathrooms for transgenders in university?

Sorry.. NEUTRAL bathrooms.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/660 ... oms-wanted

How many transgender is there in universities?
Is their nuimber high enough to spend thousands of public dollars to convert the bathrooms?

I have for my sayin' You want to grow boobies, take the girls one. You want a weenie, take the boys one. It's part of your developement.
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Re: Transgender bathrooms in university

Post by CorkSoaker »

"You can just put a 'washroom' sign on the door," he said. "That's going to get rid of stigmatization and it's easy to do. If I had a screwdriver and a sign, I could do it myself. I hope we can at least get the university administration on board because it really is as simple as changing a sign."

It doesn't sound like a sign would cost thousands of dollars. Choke on that.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

It is often said that truth is the first casualty of any war
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

CorkSoaker wrote:
"You can just put a 'washroom' sign on the door," he said. "That's going to get rid of stigmatization and it's easy to do. If I had a screwdriver and a sign, I could do it myself. I hope we can at least get the university administration on board because it really is as simple as changing a sign."

It doesn't sound like a sign would cost thousands of dollars. Choke on that.

Usually, you can find SEVERAL toilet bowls and urinoirs in the same bathrooms.

Would you share the bathroom with men, woman and whatever all at the same time?

you just CANT simply change the sign.

choke on that!
CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

How do you know its not as simple as changing a sign. Why does this have to be so difficult? I don't think what they are necessarily proposing to do is change large multi-stall, multi-urinal washrooms into neturals, but take a few single occupancy ones and instead of putting the male or female sign on the door, just put a washroom sign on the door. Bam, neutral washroom.

The University of Western Ontario in London converted some bathrooms for the disabled to gender-neutral ones in 2008. The University of Victoria and McGill University in Montreal both have at least one gender-neutral washroom.

Also what's your problem with having a gender neutral bathroom? Is it the thought of having transgender people around you that will eventually have to use the potty too repugnant for you?
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

French Castanut
Lord of the Board

To whom it may concern.... we'Re not talking about me and what I think of transgenders...

My question is: Is their number high enough to spend thousands of thousands of public dollars to convert bathrooms into individual neutral ones?

:backtotopic:
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

My opinion: if it's individuals toilets... change the sign to show man, woman, handicapped, babies, puppies, shemale, armaphrodites whatever, everyone's welcome.

If they are not private individuals ones, leave them as they are. men and women. that,s it that,s all.

If youre not happy... you can always pee at zellers, they have neutral handicapped ones.

CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

Where in the article does it say that its going to cost thousands of thousands of dollars?

CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

It's garbage like this that the idea is being proposed in the first place

Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

This is the biggest non-issue since Charlie Sheen.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Mr. Personality wrote:This is the biggest non-issue since Charlie Sheen.

It should be:

CorkSoaker wrote: Why does this have to be so difficult? I don't think what they are necessarily proposing to do is change large multi-stall, multi-urinal washrooms into neturals, but take a few single occupancy ones and instead of putting the male or female sign on the door, just put a washroom sign on the door. Bam, neutral washroom.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

And my last post on this thread:

I never use public washrooms unless I have an emergency.

I'm a man and personally, I *bleep*. When I'm facing 2 individuals bathrooms, one showing man and the other one showing woman, and the man's one is already taken, and that I absolutely have to sh*t right now at the very moment, like EMERGENCY.. I take the woman's one cuz I don't care. I won't sh*t in my pants because there's already someone in the other one.

And why I don't care? Because sitting on a female reserved toilet bowl wont eat my weenie, and when leaving it, I know I'm still a man.

But if they are "shared" washrooms, I'll always use the man's one cuz that's what I am.

No need to have your own transgender gender washrooms.

And then after the bathrooms what? Distinct change room for gym classes? Distinct school for boys, gurls, and transgender? This will never end.
CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

No need to have your own transgender gender washrooms.

These people are not asking for a washroom of their own. They are just simply wanting gender neutral washrooms. A single washroom with a toilet and a sink and instead of having the male or female persona attached to the front of the door it just says WASHROOM.

JOF585
Übergod

Post by JOF585 »

I don't get it.
Both men and women washrooms have stalls.
Just go in the stalls.
Does anybody pay attention to what you do in there ? Number one or number two.
I'm not a man but lots of men pee sitting down anyways, don't they ?
If you are a man turning into a woman but not quite there yet, sit down and pee.
If you are a woman turning into a man but not quite there yet, sit down and pee.
Who's to know ?
The washroom police ?
I really don't get it.
CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

JOF585 wrote:I don't get it.

Most who have never suffered from a gender identity disorder don't.

JOF585 wrote:Both men and women washrooms have stalls.
Just go in the stalls.
Does anybody pay attention to what you do in there ? Number one or number two.
I'm not a man but lots of men pee sitting down anyways, don't they ?
If you are a man turning into a woman but not quite there yet, sit down and pee.
If you are a woman turning into a man but not quite there yet, sit down and pee.
Who's to know ?
The washroom police ?
I really don't get it.

Look at it this way. A man (I'll just use a man for this example) who is suffering with a gender identity disorder doesn't 'click' with the biological traits assigned to them at birth, or the social norms assigned to them growing up as a child. They are living in a foreign body so to speak. They start to dress and act in a way that feels more natural to them. So say this man starts wearing woman's clothing, but they haven't yet gone through sex reassignment surgery so they are still physically very identifiable as a man i.e. facial hair, deepened voice, lack of breasts etc... What washroom should they use? It may seem simple to us who jive with the bodies and traits assigned to us, but to someone going through such a big change I can only imagine how difficult of a decision this could be.

DerKaiser
Board Meister

Post by DerKaiser »

Just a thought, though... Why embrace the disorder and not fight it? Why not, instead of going through hormone therapy and several surgeries to change into a gender you're not, do hormone therapy and physiological therapy to fit your gender?

Return to “Canada”