Disability systems in Canada, info please

Occam

Disability systems in Canada, info please

Post by Occam »

Help, please.

I am on the BC welfare/disability system (yes, same system). My disability is an unusual one which I won't try to explain here, but the relevant effect is that I have determined that I will get progressively worse on the BC system, although I could get better given a system such as was described to me in the BC school system. It's just not available in BC.

I would like to know about disability systems in other provinces so that I might receive decent care by moving to a province where it is available. Although it may be possible to learn this from official sources, the BC system looks much different on the surface than it does to those who actually have to try to work within it.

If you have personal experience on the disability systems of other provinces I'd really like to read about it and have the opportunity to ask questions. If you know of a website where I might get such an opportunity please provide a link or whatever is appropriate.

I'd be very willing to provide information to those who are thinking of moving here and living on the disability system.
kelofornia
Übergod

Re: Disability systems in Canada, info please

Post by kelofornia »

The majority of these systems across the country look relatively simple until you actually have to utilize the system. Your best bet is to try and speak to others in a smiliar situation to your own.

As for changing provinces there may be a waiting period unless you have a "viable" reason for the move (ie. family or other support).
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Re: Disability systems in Canada, info please

Post by wthwyt »

Occam wrote:Help, please.

I am on the BC welfare/disability system (yes, same system). My disability is an unusual one which I won't try to explain here, but the relevant effect is that I have determined that I will get progressively worse on the BC system, although I could get better given a system such as was described to me in the BC school system. It's just not available in BC.

I would like to know about disability systems in other provinces so that I might receive decent care by moving to a province where it is available. Although it may be possible to learn this from official sources, the BC system looks much different on the surface than it does to those who actually have to try to work within it.

If you have personal experience on the disability systems of other provinces I'd really like to read about it and have the opportunity to ask questions. If you know of a website where I might get such an opportunity please provide a link or whatever is appropriate.

I'd be very willing to provide information to those who are thinking of moving here and living on the disability system.

Depending if you were employed and for how long you could look into CPP disability, just thought. There payment I believe is more plus aloud to have savings, home etc etc unlike Provincial system.

Return to “Canada”