They fought for our freedom

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: They fought for our freedom

Post by Symbonite »

Did they really? I think they didnt...and I think there are more in the world that needs fighting for freedom than a mask that does not kill you for having one on.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jan 31st, 2022, 6:55 pm Truer words were never spoken.
:up: :up: :up: :up:
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

April 9.
Vimy Ridge Day.
One of Canada's most defining days.

https://www.castanetkamloops.net/news/C ... dge#365566
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bb49 wrote: Apr 9th, 2022, 1:33 pm April 9.
Vimy Ridge Day.
One of Canada's most defining days.

https://www.castanetkamloops.net/news/C ... dge#365566
I solute our Veterans past & present, very much so to those who gave biggest sacrifice. Thank you for your Service
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ferron

Post by Ferron »

Francophones, Anglophones, new Canadians, Black Canadians, and Indigenous Peoples
That's important to know.
Rol-Tanguy
Fledgling

Post by Rol-Tanguy »

On this Vimy day, I recommended the well put together book by Ian McKay and Jamie Swift titled The Vimy Trap , or how we learned to stop worrying and love the Great War. It discusses how the narrative of the myth of Vimy nation-building occurred and contrasts it with the reality of those at the time (including veterans) saw the event away from the nationalist mush feed to people. How it gives a false lens to see the horrific First World War and how it, the myth, is built upon by English-Canadians as a way to "put away" the national sentiment or general distaste towards Canada by French, Black or Indigenous people.
Free and equal in common happiness
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

I've read that book. Interesting but very biased. Seemed more intent on being controversial in order to put money in the author's pocket.

If you want an unbiased read, Pierre's Berton's Vimy is very factual and pertains to the battle more so then the politics of WW1.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

Sorry if this has been posted before regarding this old vid, first time I've seen this response from JT, and I don't believe a word he said was sincere.
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

Canadians used to fight for freedoms and on principals, sad to see the disregard
Today members are only in for the pension, stats say
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

hozzle wrote: Apr 11th, 2022, 9:30 pm Sorry if this has been posted before regarding this old vid, first time I've seen this response from JT, and I don't believe a word he said was sincere.
Well worth watching again hozzle.

JT at 4 min hisses out that “it’s more than the government can give”.

Pinocchio’s nose grew during this one. I suspect if he tried that today in front of a crowd [sans Lib supporters] he’d be tarred and feathered.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

hozzle wrote: Apr 11th, 2022, 9:30 pm Sorry if this has been posted before regarding this old vid, first time I've seen this response from JT, and I don't believe a word he said was sincere.
Sitting governments in Canada (both parties that have been government in Canada) say thank you for your service... now get out of sight and shut the :swear: up. Be grateful for pennies we are giving you...

This BS treatment of veterans in Canada needs to Stop immediately.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bb49 wrote: Apr 10th, 2022, 4:27 pm I've read that book. Interesting but very biased. Seemed more intent on being controversial in order to put money in the author's pocket.

If you want an unbiased read, Pierre's Berton's Vimy is very factual and pertains to the battle more so then the politics of WW1.
Yup, I was going to say, if you want an unbiased look without any Leftist stupidity attached, just read Pierre Burton's book. No "lens" required to read that book. Just a full understanding of how the Canadians refused to adopt British and French tactics, and how they "swept" the Germans off the battlefield with long range artillery, rather than just running headlong into the German machine guns hoping somehow enough guys would survive to finish the job. Quite the stunning achievement.

It was also worth noting that in 1918, when the Germans freed up millions of men from the Eastern front after the Russians capitulated, and they launched a full-scale attack on the Western front, the Germans completely ignored or refused to attack any section of the line that they knew was manned by Canada. There was no way the Germans wanted any part of the Canadians as they knew they'd get man-handled and destroyed. So once their offensive petered out, the Canadians were fresh, and went straight on the attack, sending the Germans scurrying back to where they started.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

June 6, 1944 is famous for D-Day. Lest we forget.

My grampa William Love was in D-Day. He did not romanticize the landing. It was not a great party or fun. On June 6, 1944 he was part of a platoon on a French beach to defeat the Nazis in France.

Thank you to him and the thousands of others, the French Underground for helping so many Allies.

But WW2 defined the World post-1945 and D-Day was a large part of it.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/pictu ... back-d-day
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote: Jun 6th, 2022, 8:33 am June 6, 1944 is famous for D-Day. Lest we forget.

My grampa William Love was in D-Day. He did not romanticize the landing. It was not a great party or fun. On June 6, 1944 he was part of a platoon on a French beach to defeat the Nazis in France.

Thank you to him and the thousands of others, the French Underground for helping so many Allies.

But WW2 defined the World post-1945 and D-Day was a large part of it.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/pictu ... back-d-day
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

D-Day 3.png

#StandUpToJewishHate

Return to “Canada”