They fought for our freedom

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: They fought for our freedom

Post by Ken7 »

rustled wrote: Nov 11th, 2023, 4:43 pm We were at the cemetery today to honour a family member who had served. Another family member told me the poppy pinned into the ground in front of the headstone was likely placed by the cadets. One of my siblings asked how the cadets would have known he was a vet, since there's nothing to indicate it on the grave itself. Does anyone know?
There is also a app that will scan a poppy. It then gives you a name and date of birth, where they served and all other information. It may also have their information where they rest. I have not used the app, just thinking that may be what occurred.

https://www.poppystories.ca/
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

Ken7 wrote: Nov 11th, 2023, 4:57 pm
rustled wrote: Nov 11th, 2023, 4:43 pm We were at the cemetery today to honour a family member who had served. Another family member told me the poppy pinned into the ground in front of the headstone was likely placed by the cadets. One of my siblings asked how the cadets would have known he was a vet, since there's nothing to indicate it on the grave itself. Does anyone know?
There is also a app that will scan a poppy. It then gives you a name and date of birth, where they served and all other information. It may also have their information where they rest. I have not used the app, just thinking that may be what occurred.

https://www.poppystories.ca/
I should have been more clear. This was an ordinary poppy, recently stuck into the ground with the pin that would usually hold it to a lapel. That seems like a cool app, though!

ETA: I found a story in the Morning Star confirming the poppies were placed by students, in a "No Stone Left Alone" ceremony last week. This is nice to know about, and very much appreciated. I'm still curious how they know which stones belong to veterans, if anyone knows.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

A nation that fails to honour its heroes, soon will have no heroes to honour.
~ Winston Churchill
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

They fought for our freedom, and now get shafted by the Liberals.

From today's Fall Economic Statement,
For the current fiscal year, Canada is set to spend $26.93 billion on its military.
For the 2024/2025 fiscal year, that will drop to $25.73 billion,
and then drop again to C$25.33 billion by 2026.

Among the highlights is a table indicating the “percentage of operations that are capable of being conducted concurrently.” Last year it was 100 per cent, but right now it’s plunged to a meagre 40 per cent.

Trudeau is destroying has destroyed our military.

There's more depressing news here.
https://link.postmedia.com/view/5a9970e ... 1/5193840d

One more bit of important budget news, the CBC is having its budget cut by $125,000.00 .
Yup, that's the right number of zeros.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

It looks like the Liberals have now succeeded in destroying our once proud Royal Canadian Navy.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/canada- ... -1.6665063
Canada's top admiral says navy staff, resource needs in 'critical state'

Some of the low-lights of his speech,
The West Coast fleet is "beset with a shortage of qualified techs" which means ships cannot meet operation and maintenance targets.

The navy relies on its 12 Halifax class frigates, which are approaching the end of their 30-year operational life but must stay in service for another 15 years because their replacements are behind schedule and over budget.

And the lowest of the low.
The Liberal government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau plans to cut C$1 billion ($737.14 million) from the defence budget as part of a fiscal restraint package.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

. And the lowest of the low.
The Liberal government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau plans to cut C$1 billion ($737.14 million) from the defence budget as part of a fiscal restraint package.
And NOW he wants to cut back on spending!

Of course he’d choose to cut defence budget, not his OWN out of control spending
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Nov 28th, 2023, 7:12 pm It looks like the Liberals have now succeeded in destroying our once proud Royal Canadian Navy.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/canada- ... -1.6665063
Canada's top admiral says navy staff, resource needs in 'critical state'

Some of the low-lights of his speech,
The West Coast fleet is "beset with a shortage of qualified techs" which means ships cannot meet operation and maintenance targets.

The navy relies on its 12 Halifax class frigates, which are approaching the end of their 30-year operational life but must stay in service for another 15 years because their replacements are behind schedule and over budget.

And the lowest of the low.
The Liberals have never been big on supporting our Armed Forces. I remember daddy Trudeau's demoralizing move to put all of our members (army, navy, air force) into the same uniform to save money, and the disgust I felt when Chretien came into power, in part, on a promise to cancel the contract to replace our aging Sea King helicopters. Of course, the Conservatives haven't really been any more supportive of those ready to put their lives on the line in defense of our country's interests, or those who already have. Defense spending has never been a priority of any Canadian government and given deteriorating geopolitical conditions this is going to have to change if Canada wants to be relevant.
Dead right
Board Meister

Post by Dead right »

No one is attacking Canada and no one will. The USA is protecting us as we are their buffer from russia. russia knows to attack us is to start WW3, We should have a fair-sized standing army to support our allies when the need happens and upgrade our weapons ongoing. I would also support our government (no matter which one) in building a weapon supply chain so that: A, we build jobs in Canada with our natural resources, B, once we are supplied there is a good market out there for merchandise of war.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

83% of Canadian military can fit in Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton.
And most are using old equipment.
The *bleep* gives the good stuff to Ukraine.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:-X :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Self delete.
jessebooker

Post by jessebooker »

They cut 1 billion from our military and give 2.5 billion to the fascists in Ukraine.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

jessebooker wrote: Feb 24th, 2024, 11:28 am They cut 1 billion from our military and give 2.5 billion to the fascists in Ukraine.
And MORE on the way. Putz has vowed more Canadian Taxpayer money (minus handling fee) is on its way to close pal Zelensky (minus another handling and shipping fee).

Save a step here, Putzy, just print our currency in Ukraine and be done with it.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Canada”