Other
16%

Total votes: 25

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Which voting system do you prefer?

Post by The Green Barbarian »

flamingfingers wrote:
At the age of 5, you didn't form that opinion on your own.

you got that right - I listened to stories of my grandparents who survived being starved to death by Stalin in the Ukraine.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

So what? I listened to the stories of my parents who lived in a country occupied by the Nazis. Oh, but Hitler was on the right so that's better, right?

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 16th, 2016, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

OREZ wrote:So what? I listened to the stories of my parents who lived in a country occupied by the Nazis. Oh, but Hitler was on the right so that's better, right?

I don't understand your point. I do understand why I hate communism though, after listening to how much suffering my ancestors had to endure because of the disgusting political movement, and witnessing first hand how much North Korea and Cuba are still suffering because of it. It's really not that hard to understand, in fact, a five year old can get it.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Why are you bringing up Communism again? Is that the voting system you prefer?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote:Why are you bringing up Communism again? Is that the voting system you prefer?

Why am I bringing it up again? Did you not see the post directly above my own? Why would you even ask me this question? Seriously! How silly. Especially after I told you that I have hated communism since I was 5. My goodness. Just ridiculous.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*back on topic please. thanks!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Minority governments don't work for obvious reasons.

Majority gov's get things done but that's not always a good thing, closer to a dictatorship.

Political parties will never go away, they may change a little or even come up with a few new ones.

With a separate ballot for a PM vote, IMO, will lead to more independents running. I want to vote for someone in my area that is concerned for my area and puts my area concerns first before any party concerns.

Political parties put the party first, people last. A House full of independents should in theory get more done in their electoral area which in turn will be better for the country. Less bickering during question period, less people in the house, less monies spent.
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Bet that majority of us have no complete understanding of what each of the options put forward in poll actually means nor the implications - which is why 'first past the post' as seemingly most simple option gets most votes. lol
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

driveangry wrote:Minority governments don't work for obvious reasons.

Majority gov's get things done but that's not always a good thing, closer to a dictatorship.

Political parties will never go away, they may change a little or even come up with a few new ones.

With a separate ballot for a PM vote, IMO, will lead to more independents running. I want to vote for someone in my area that is concerned for my area and puts my area concerns first before any party concerns.

Political parties put the party first, people last. A House full of independents should in theory get more done in their electoral area which in turn will be better for the country. Less bickering during question period, less people in the house, less monies spent.

Most democracies in the world are run by minority governments. Not sure why you say they don't work.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

JLives wrote:Why are you bringing up Communism again?
Because it's 2016, and you know our current PM admires communist.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

I want a system where you vote for the MLA in your area and also vote for whom u want as a PM
second off I want a system where a liberal feminist DOES NOT get to run the country after only getting 39% of the vote
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

direct democracy. i like what it has done in the world. repealed the hst brought in by ball faced lies. emancipated the UK from the EU. kept separatists in quebec in check. we need direct democracy to remind career politicians that they were elected to represent their constituents. not the leader or their future.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

dontrump wrote:I want a system where you vote for the MLA in your area and also vote for whom u want as a PM
second off I want a system where a liberal feminist DOES NOT get to run the country after only getting 39% of the vote

no no no don't you see? When a selfie-obsessed failed drama teacher wins then its ok to win with only 39% of the vote. Anyone else, it's a horrific crime, but not when the airhead Liberal does it. Don't you know anything about politics?
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

The Green Barbarian wrote:no no no don't you see? When a selfie-obsessed failed drama teacher wins then its ok to win with only 39% of the vote. Anyone else, it's a horrific crime, but not when the airhead Liberal does it. Don't you know anything about politics?

the only ones whining and bringing up the 39 percent ad nauseum are the sore losers. are you a sore loser?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*get back on topic. do not start the back and forth garbage.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Canada”