Should WE build a wall?

Chyren
Board Meister

Should WE build a wall?

Post by Chyren »

Ok so maybe the title is a bit misleading as the correct answer is NO but...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.3970089

The US always are complaining of people coming into their country yet, there's people entering Canada in Manitoba FROM the US.

Clearly this is a tough situation being as the people are often refugees but its funny how little we're hearing about it from a US perspective.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Should WE build a wall?

Post by w84u2 »

Border wall between Canada, U.S. worth ‘looking at,’ says Republican
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world ... al-hopeful
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

There have been several suggested build materials suggested.

The first is all the left over soft wood that Canada can't ship to the US.

Then there is the Privacy Hedge that was being considered.

Of course there was the new start idea. Problem was that we needed too many Mexicans to get it started.

Then there was the Green Party/NDP offering.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Canada can build and pay for the Northern wall.
Mexico can build and pay for the Southern wall.
We can ask the rest of the world to pay for a lid.
Black Dogs Matter
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Refugees Coming to Canada from USA?

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Refugees Coming to Canada from USA?

Post by Fancy »

It's all over the news now. Assigning resources as authorities are saying doesn't seem to be adequate.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

This can probably be merged with the "should we build a wall" topic as it's the same subject
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.3250029
Note the date.

This isn't new, folks.

ETA: the 2015 one was in Levant's rant, too. Kinda tough to sit through his condescending snottiness long enough to see it.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

Another 22 refugees brave cold to illegally cross U.S.-Manitoba border

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/another-22-refugees-brave-cold-to-illegally-cross-u-s-manitoba-border-1.3275117

Noted as 'brave refugees' -- really!

So if they tried to cross at the border crossing legally, they would be refused; illegally cross, they get asylum.

I guess breaking the law does pay.

So then is Canada soft-hearted, or soft-headed?
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Sorta like a latter-day version of the Underground Railroad that helped slaves escape from the US. Another case of Canadians helping a minority escape from an oppressive and racist nation.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

If they spent 6 months and presumably thousands of dollars to get to Canada, couldn't the spend $10 at a thrift store buying some flippin' mits? Who are these smugglers dropping them off? Do they want them to freeze to death on purpose? They of all people should know what it takes to be out in the cold for a day. Also, why not wait a week for the weather to warm? The weather in southern Manitoba warms fluctuates frequently. If it's -20 this week, it'll probably be +3 next week, and with proper clothing on, you'll have no problem at all. Also, Manitoba is quite literally the COLDEST possible place to cross the border into Canada during the winter (on average). Why not try Ontario, BC, NB, or even Alberta? Are these smugglers getting their money, and trying to get the so called refugees to die? I guess they don't want anyone to rat them out?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I have concerns about the people crossing into Canada from Minnesota. First of all, do they have proper identification? Why were their refugee applications rejected in the US? How many are sneaking in at other points along the border? Where are they from originally?

From what I've seen, they're all young males. It's nice to think that all refugee claimants are just nice people looking to start a new life but let's face it, there are a lot of nasty, evil people in the world and there have been some horrific atrocities in Africa in recent years. I hope that our customs and immigration people are checking these guys out very carefully and if necessary, sending them back to the US.
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

kques
Fledgling

Post by kques »

techrtr wrote:I have concerns about the people crossing into Canada from Minnesota. First of all, do they have proper identification? Why were their refugee applications rejected in the US? How many are sneaking in at other points along the border? Where are they from originally?

From what I've seen, they're all young males. It's nice to think that all refugee claimants are just nice people looking to start a new life but let's face it, there are a lot of nasty, evil people in the world and there have been some horrific atrocities in Africa in recent years. I hope that our customs and immigration people are checking these guys out very carefully and if necessary, sending them back to the US.

Are you kidding me, where have you been.. Our Prime Minister has made it clear that ALL refugees are welcome in Canada. They won't send these people back to the US. It used to be your life had to be in danger in order to claim refugee status. Now you can claim refugee status because you don't like the country that gave you asylum. Maybe if they don't like it here they will sneak into Mexico next. I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous.. We might as well just open the front door and let everybody in, it's going to happen anyway because our P :cuss:sy of a Prime Minister wants to LOOK GOOD and doesn't give a S :cuss: about Canada or what Canadians think, he's made that clear.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

kques wrote:
techrtr wrote:I have concerns about the people crossing into Canada from Minnesota. First of all, do they have proper identification? Why were their refugee applications rejected in the US? How many are sneaking in at other points along the border? Where are they from originally?

Are you kidding me, where have you been.. Our Prime Minister has made it clear that ALL refugees are welcome in Canada. They won't send these people back to the US. It used to be your life had to be in danger in order to claim refugee status. Now you can claim refugee status because you don't like the country that gave you asylum. Maybe if they don't like it here they will sneak into Mexico next. I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous.. We might as well just open the front door and let everybody in, it's going to happen anyway because our P :cuss:sy of a Prime Minister wants to LOOK GOOD and doesn't give a S :cuss: about Canada or what Canadians think, he's made that clear.

I'm still holding out hope that Tru-doh isn't actually that stupid. Maybe he's just paying lip service and that if someone with a sketchy past is discovered, they'll still be denied entry. Maybe that's wishful thinking.

Return to “Canada”