M-103

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

M-103

Post by Ken7 »

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/02/16 ... 01342.html

Islamophbia, do you feel it is necessary to enact a law? My thoughts are, make a law that encompasses the issue. IF a group or a
religious house of worship is attacked then there should be a penalty. Today it is rare that persons in court are held responsible and accountable for their actions.

Personally I don't feel we can justify a law for every Nationality and or Religious belief.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: M-103

Post by maryjane48 »

Ken7 wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/02/16/m-103-islamophobia-motion-conservatives_n_14801342.html

Islamophbia, do you feel it is necessary to enact a law? My thoughts are, make a law that encompasses the issue. IF a group or a
religious house of worship is attacked then there should be a penalty. Today it is rare that persons in court are held responsible and accountable for their actions.

Personally I don't feel we can justify a law for every Nationality and or Religious belief.

we can keep the islamphobia and get rid the one protecting all the other ones. be less laws. you want to start the petition? :smt045
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

maryjane48 wrote:we can keep the islamphobia and get rid the one protecting all the other ones. be less laws. you want to start the petition? :smt045

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I think if there was one law, that protected Religious beliefs is enough. Before this group came to be it was the Jewish Community. I'll bet the Jews are happy to have someone else take the heat off their back.

Racism will always be, and with social media it is only going to become worse then, as parents fail to parent these days in many cases!
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

how can you blame people for being islamphobic when 99% of the worlds terrorists are followers of islam?
they need to fix the problem themselves in the middle east not bring it to canada.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

keith1612 wrote:how can you blame people for being islamphobic when 99% of the worlds terrorists are followers of islam?
they need to fix the problem themselves in the middle east not bring it to canada.

they will fix it themselves because we are going to empower the ones that will do the fixing starting here in canada .

ken7 is right ,it should be just one law covering faith . but because of the right getting bold ,sadly this law may be needed until the deplorables wise up
Deean
Fledgling

Post by Deean »

Definition of phobia: phobia is an excessive and irrational fear reaction. So how does the word (if it even is a word) Islamphobia
define hate. We already have laws for religious freedom in Canada, perhaps instead of trying to make one religion special, they should inforce the laws we already have. A criminal act is just that and should be delt with as such.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

M-103 is a motion, not a law, but still, I'm against it. Islamophobia is a pernicious word popularized by the Muslim Brotherhood in the early 1990s, not to fight bigotry against Muslims, but to criminalize negative comments toward the set of beliefs known as Islam.

As we've seen in Europe, even if your criticism of Islam is true, you are branded an Islamophobe, which is to say you are guilty of blasphemy. We do not need more blasphemy laws in Canada. We do not need to call speech libelous even if it's true.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Post by dirtrider »

Isn't this motion moot? Isn't this already covered in the Criminal Code? I know antisemitism is so I'm thinking Islamaphobia would fall under the same category regardless of naming it, no?

'.....In 1989, Alberta public school teacher James Keegstra was convicted under the Criminal Code for "wilful promotion of hatred against an identifiable group". Keegstra had taught in his classes that the Holocaust was a hoax and that Jewish people were plotting to take over the world,.......Keegstra appealed his conviction, claiming that the law infringed on his freedom of expression under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, with the Supreme Court of Canada eventually ruling in R v Keegstra that the infringement was justified and upheld the law."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism_in_Canada

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/what-is-a ... -1.1011612
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Glacier wrote:M-103 is a motion, not a law, but still, I'm against it. Islamophobia is a pernicious word popularized by the Muslim Brotherhood in the early 1990s, not to fight bigotry against Muslims, but to criminalize negative comments toward the set of beliefs known as Islam.

As we've seen in Europe, even if your criticism of Islam is true, you are branded an Islamophobe, which is to say you are guilty of blasphemy. We do not need more blasphemy laws in Canada. We do not need to call speech libelous even if it's true.

but its same for israel . any critisim of the govt results in your anti jew. which is as silly as the example you use
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

Our laws have this covered already.

This "Bill", is an obvious thin edge tactic by islamists to infer a mass "phobia" against them and intended to eventually aid their desires towards a sharia law structure.

The spiritual leader of Islam was not a man of peace. Muhamad claimed to have personally killed over 10,000 people in his war against the infidels.

Historically we have had ongoing war since the bloody crusades against this so called religion, The whole Middle East situation exists solely because Islam itself exhibits intolerance towards others, as well demonstrated by its continuing attempts to dominate the faiths of others and subvert the laws of other nations.

In this case, I suggest that it is perfectly normal and right to have a phobia towards a "religion" with such a violent history.

Do we need to insert specific Islamic terms or language into our current Canadian laws?

NO!! Not now, not ever...
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Terris wrote:In this case, I suggest that it is perfectly normal and right to have a phobia towards a "religion" with such a violent history.

Have you read the Old Testament? If we're going to turn this around and permit people to be "phobic" of violent religions, then let us include all of the religions with a violent history.

I agree that this motion is unnecessary, and not because it's going to enable Muslims to bring Shariah Law into Canada (because that's simply an outright lie).
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I'm not a fan of this as there ARE laws to deal with hate and violence but it may be necessary as long as politicians keep making fear their bread & butter.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

But it may be necessary as long as some racists keep making hate and death threats their bread & butter.
dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Post by dirtrider »

FreeRights wrote:
Terris wrote:In this case, I suggest that it is perfectly normal and right to have a phobia towards a "religion" with such a violent history.

Have you read the Old Testament? If we're going to turn this around and permit people to be "phobic" of violent religions, then let us include all of the religions with a violent history.

I agree that this motion is unnecessary, and not because it's going to enable Muslims to bring Shariah Law into Canada (because that's simply an outright lie).

That's a good start as Christianity, lslam and Judaism all had the same start in the Middle East.....ironic isn't it?
Turns out they're brothers.

http://christianityinview.com/xncomparison.html
Last edited by dirtrider on Feb 19th, 2017, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
django
Board Meister

Post by django »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Feb 19th, 2017, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.

Return to “Canada”