Oleary accuses the cons of rigging leadership race

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Oleary accuses the cons of rigging leadership race

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:. Your snide 'drama teacher' and 'snowboarder' remarks sound trivial now, don't they?

Why are my remarks "snide" exactly? Are you saying that our current PM wasn't a drama teacher and snow board instructor? I am just trying to understand what you think is good experience for a PM, and so making comments about the current PM and his failed drama teacher status seemed relevant. And why would I read some left fake news website exactly? It's just going to tell me what I already know it's going to tell me - anyone who isn't an NDP or pinko Liberal is bad. End of story. Just fodder for liberal media left echo chambers.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Perhaps because Trudeau's previous occupations are completely irrelevant to the discussion? There have been plenty of previous PMs on either side which have been elected younger and with less "real experience" (whatever you think that is). Trudeau instructing snowboarding has about as much to do with anything as O'Leary being a photographer when he was younger. (might explain why there are so many selfies of him though).
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Why are my remarks "snide" exactly? Are you saying that our current PM wasn't a drama teacher and snow board instructor?

Actually, what you said was this:

The Green Barbarian wrote:Yeah. Now if he was a failed drama teacher and snow board instructor look out!

What makes you think that he's a "failed" drama teacher?

In a statement, Stephen Anthony, head of the West Point Grey Academy, said Trudeau “was an extremely well-liked and energetic French, drama and law teacher.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/2289528/vanco ... t-teacher/

Noted that you always say "drama teacher" without taking into account other subjects that he taught.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Omnitheo wrote: Trudeau instructing snowboarding has about as much to do with anything as O'Leary being a photographer when he was younger. (might explain why there are so many selfies of him though).

You may have a point. Trudeau's loser past and total lack of qualifications shouldn't be discussed in a thread about Kevin O'Leary. I will now back off from pointing out what a loser Trudeau was from further posts in this thread.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
frazdog
Fledgling

Post by frazdog »

I am surprised that GB would call someone a loser who initially chose the profession of teaching considers his own parents were teachers Who is the real loser, the guy who went to university and now most of his time on these forums pretending to be the only opinion that matters?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

frazdog wrote:I am surprised that GB would call someone a loser who initially chose the profession of teaching considers his own parents were teachers Who is the real loser, the guy who went to university and now most of his time on these forums pretending to be the only opinion that matters?

I'll go with "Trudeau" as the answer to this question, for $500 Alex. Now that we're done discussing what a loser Trudeau is, can we go back to O'Leary and the rigged Conservative race?
frazdog
Fledgling

Post by frazdog »

Nice deflection GB (20,000 posts). But, yes back to the topic of this forum.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Omnitheo wrote:Perhaps because Trudeau's previous occupations are completely irrelevant to the discussion? There have been plenty of previous PMs on either side which have been elected younger and with less "real experience" (whatever you think that is). Trudeau instructing snowboarding has about as much to do with anything as O'Leary being a photographer when he was younger. (might explain why there are so many selfies of him though).

Our government should be formed by the people. Of course teachers can make good leaders. That's what they're trained for. We come from a variety of backgrounds. I'd like to see more people in government from blue collar jobs. Or how about some scientists? Enough lawyers and business people already.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

frazdog wrote:Nice deflection GB (20,000 posts). But, yes back to the topic of this forum.

Me saying that we should stop talking about how unqualified Trudeau is and get back to the topic at hand is "deflection" now. Ok...whatever...
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote:
Our government should be formed by the people. Of course teachers can make good leaders. That's what they're trained for. We come from a variety of backgrounds. I'd like to see more people in government from blue collar jobs. Or how about some scientists? Enough lawyers and business people already.

More economists too.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

lasnomadas wrote:O'Leary's no businessman, as you can learn from googling 'kevin o'leary national observer'.

Interesting that you say that.

When and on what channel is your show? I think O'leary has done very well for a guy who according to people like yourself knows nothing. I wonder is your net worth anywhere near his today?

I think I'd trust him with my money before others I know.
Deean
Fledgling

Post by Deean »

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Omnitheo wrote:

Perhaps because Trudeau's previous occupations are completely irrelevant to the discussion? There have been plenty of previous PMs on either side which have been elected younger and with less "real experience" (whatever you think that is). Trudeau instructing snowboarding has about as much to do with anything as O'Leary being a photographer when he was younger. (might explain why there are so many selfies of him though).

I am wondering if this alternative news. As far as I know the only person younger than Trudeau who has been elected Prime Minister was Joe Clark. Could you please list the "plenty of previous PMs on either side which have been elected younger and with less "real experience" (whatever you think that is)."

I would be interesting in knowing who the others were. Thank You.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Smurf wrote:
I am wondering if this alternative news. As far as I know the only person younger than Trudeau who has been elected Prime Minister was Joe Clark. Could you please list the "plenty of previous PMs on either side which have been elected younger and with less "real experience" (whatever you think that is)."

I would be interesting in knowing who the others were. Thank You.

Clark, who won the Tory leadership at age 36, remains the youngest-ever leader of a major federal party in the history of Canadian politics. With many veteran Tories having been defeated in the 1968 election, the party effectively skipped a generation by selecting Clark as its new leader.[5]

Clark was younger, and apparently had never touched a snowboard in his life when he was elected. He did support the decriminalization of marijuana, so he was a man ahead of his time. Maybe if our current guy didn't smoke so much of it, he could finish the job Joe started.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ As I'm sure everyone is well aware I'm not a fan of politicians, there has been a few (very short list) I was okay about Joe Clark was 1.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Canada”