Leap manifesto

Jflem1983
Guru

Leap manifesto

Post by Jflem1983 »

So I've tried to find more information regarding the leap manifesto. I notice many astute political watchers use this forum . I'd like this to be a discussion regarding the leap manifesto . My understanding is the leap manifesto is a really bad idea rite now .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Leap manifesto

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Jflem1983 wrote:So I've tried to find more information regarding the leap manifesto. I notice many astute political watchers use this forum . I'd like this to be a discussion regarding the leap manifesto . My understanding is the leap manifesto is a really bad idea rite now .

The LEAP manifesto is a really bad idea, no matter when. It is based in complete fantasy and created by people who can't do basic math. They essentially are communists, so the entire background of this "Manifesto" is government control of every facet of our daily lives. Hence the "manifesto" reference. No one who was worried about being tarred with the stupid Commie brush would ever use the word "manifesto", and yet these complete idiots use it and seem proud of being this dumb. Look up professional grinning idiot Avi Lewis and the hideous Naomi Klein and you'll find out all you need to know about just how dumb the people are who are behind this abomination. And then you'll know just how badly John Horgan looks when he talks about supporting this manifesto.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I was kinda hoping one of the ndp crowd would have some information. Seems they are pretty quiet when leap gets brought up. GB excellent point about the word manifesto . The last time I heard the term before leap . Was when the unibombers manifesto was in the news
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Here. But then leap on the manifesto: not on me for posting it.

Previously, too much leaping on people and not on the proposal itself.

Although leaping on the title is fair game in constructive critique.

Document:

https://leapmanifesto.org/wp-content/up ... sto-en.pdf

Info:

https://leapmanifesto.org/wp-content/up ... -05-10.pdf

Website where the above links can be found if all else fails:

https://leapmanifesto.org/en/the-leap-manifesto/
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

The Authors of the Leap Manifesto were the people largely responsible for the defeat of the NDP in the last Federal Election. They represent the more radical elements of the environmental wing of the Party, and hold the views that many voters fear the most about the NDP. So, if the BC NDP doesn't want to win the coming Provincial Election, all they have to do is publicly embrace the tenats included in the Leap Manifesto and the Party will go down to defeat.

The document is mainly "pie in the sky" stuff that would decimate our economy if fully implemented but, like everything in life, it's not ALL bad, and does contain a few nuggets worth considering. Here's one of them:

we need to invest in our public infrastructure so that it can withstand extreme weather events

When JT talked about investing in infrastructure I was hoping that this was the sort of thing he had in mind. But, if he did, I have yet to see any of it.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Merry wrote:The Authors of the Leap Manifesto were the people largely responsible for the defeat of the NDP in the last Federal Election. They represent the more radical elements of the environmental wing of the Party, and hold the views that many voters fear the most about the NDP. So, if the BC NDP doesn't want to win the coming Provincial Election, all they have to do is publicly embrace the tenats included in the Leap Manifesto and the Party will go down to defeat.

The document is mainly "pie in the sky" stuff that would decimate our economy if fully implemented but, like everything in life, it's not ALL bad, and does contain a few nuggets worth considering. Here's one of them:

we need to invest in our public infrastructure so that it can withstand extreme weather events

When JT talked about investing in infrastructure I was hoping that this was the sort of thing he had in mind. But, if he did, I have yet to see any of it.

BC NDP has already endorsed the Leap.

Horgan says he likes it, and wants to introduce a "Horgan Leap" for BC.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Personally I find it chilling . They do realize each of us has a pipeline running right into our homes . It brings natural gas . Heat in the winter . Are these clowns gonna have us all freeze

f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Personally I find it chilling . They do realize each of us has a pipeline running right into our homes . It brings natural gas . Heat in the winter . Are these clowns gonna have us all freeze

Strike the word 'clowns' and you have something.

This Horgan person better do some homework then.

Here's a start complete with some tough questions for him to answer.

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/why-lea ... he-people/
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Jflem1983 wrote:Personally I find it chilling . They do realize each of us has a pipeline running right into our homes . It brings natural gas . Heat in the winter . Are these clowns gonna have us all freeze

Kind of like the logic behind the step-up in hydro rates in BC. Stay under the prescribed limit and power is pretty reasonable, but dare to go over and wham you get nailed big time. It's like the people at BC Hydro think everyone in BC lives in a condo in Vancouver or Victoria, and that it never gets below freezing anywhere in BC.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Yep, Horgan’s going to put out his own ‘manifesto.’ Including, when it comes to pipelines, supporting the transport of refined product coming from Alberta. Sure, John, put the heavy lifting on us. Thanks so much, we’ll take those permanent jobs so we'll be so rich we'll never get any rebates on our carbon taxes. Way to help make our province great again! Please, BC, vote NDP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulCjOtOa7Bg

Return to “Canada”