The rebels true colors

neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: The rebels true colors

Post by neilsimon »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
neilsimon wrote:
I am in no way defending Rafia, who deserved to be punished for his crime, but that's sloppy, biased, ignorant journalism by a hack.

So then why isn't this being covered by other media then? Did you read the actual story?? Of course not.

Of course I did and do not tell me what I did or did not do, especially if you have no evidence.

I realize your blathering and ignorant comment above are based purely in your left fake news politically leanings, but this story shouldn't have been left to people like Ezra to report in the first place. Where is the media on this??

The media does not report on each and every case of domestic abuse. If you look past this particular aspect of the story, which tragically society and media in general do, there is just no story to report here. I wish we could report and deal with each an every case of domestic violence, I wish society could actually treat it with the gravity it deserves, but the fact is that we don't. Focusing on one incident, one whose most remarkable feature is the origin of the attacker is not only sensationalist, but bigoted too.

neilsimon wrote:I wonder, do you expect CBC to report all domestic abuse cases?

and here comes the apologists, right down denier lane. Yes, why oh why would the media cover the case of a Syrian refugee beating his wife with a hockey stick and then claiming that he didn't know the law. Maybe to draw attention to the fact that these refugees (if that's what they are in fact) are not being given proper assimilation into our society? Perhaps they should be told that they can't beat their wives with hockey sticks when they enter our country??? Why is that such a bad thing - to educate these people on our laws????

While I do fully agree with informing people of Canadian laws if they intend to live here, that is no excuse for his behaviour. Additionally, there are worse cases of domestic violence every day. Why doesn't Ezra cover those? Why doesn't he talk about the countless women and men being beaten to within an inch of their lives? They are just as important, the crime just as damaging and just as tragic. That said, they're far less sensational and the only difference is the perpetrator. If your journalism is driven by who the perpetrator of the crime is, and not the crime itself, you are being sensationalist and quite likely bigoted.

I can't believe this crap actually. You honestly are advocating for everyone to look the other way, because other people do this stuff (even though they know its against the law).

Where did I suggest anyone look the other way? Where? Please stop putting up straw man arguments about what I say.

This is how Rotherham rape gangs form. People like you who never want to acknowledge a problem, and instead want everyone to bury their heads in the sand in the name of political correctness. Shame on you. Shame on you indeed.

Shame on you for misrepresenting my argument to portray me as some apologist for a violent offender. Shame on you for using the misery and suffering of others as a ploy to make me out as some monster I certainly am not. Shame on you for not arguing against that which I argued and rather twisting what I said into something completely different. Shame on you for putting words in my mouth.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

neilsimon wrote:Of course I did and do not tell me what I did or did not do, especially if you have no evidence.

I will say what ever I want, thank you very much. I refuse to be bullied, especially by leftist espousing evil and horrible doctrines that protect wife beaters in the name of political correctness. So stop bullying me in this fashion as it won't work.

If you look past this particular aspect of the story, which tragically society and media in general do, there is just no story to report here. .

A Syrian refugee to Canada beats his wife with a hockey stick, for half an hour, then claims as a defence that he didn't know that beating his wife was illegal in Canada, and you say "there is just no story to report here". I am sorry, but this statement by you just disgusts me. I am ashamed that I share a country with someone who has so little respect for women as you do. How many more women are going to be beaten by refugees who claim they weren't educated about our laws? Why were they even allowed in to Canada if they had values that were so anti-women?? Shame is too weak a word here. We should all be ashamed that any immigrant comes to this country without a basic understanding of our laws, and especially our rights and freedoms concerning women, and their right to not be beaten by hockey sticks. This is a problem that needs to be fixed, but unfortunately, every time this happens, there are politically correct hacks screaming "nothing to see here". Shame on every single one of these people.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

neilsimon wrote:Of course I did and do not tell me what I did or did not do, especially if you have no evidence.

I will say what ever I want, thank you very much. I refuse to be bullied, especially by leftist espousing evil and horrible doctrines that protect wife beaters in the name of political correctness. So stop bullying me in this fashion as it won't work.

It is quite clear that you will say whatever you want, no matter how true or not it is and no matter how much evidence you have or not. You will freely twist my words to mean things I never said and you will denounce me for positions I never took.

If you look past this particular aspect of the story, which tragically society and media in general do, there is just no story to report here. .

A Syrian refugee to Canada beats his wife with a hockey stick, for half an hour, then claims as a defence that he didn't know that beating his wife was illegal in Canada, and you say "there is just no story to report here". I am sorry, but this statement by you just disgusts me. I am ashamed that I share a country with someone who has so little respect for women as you do.

I don't know whether to take you seriously or assume you're just a troll. Honestly, you really haven't a clue about me. The fact is that domestic violence, like many other crimes in our country are so frequent that they are not news worthy. Would I have it otherwise, of course. But just because I want domestic violence to be rare doesn't mean that targeting one incident and in particular, one perpetrator of this crime, will make a blind bit of difference to the rates of domestic violence in this country. Additionally, it either escapes you, or is actually your intention, but highlighting a single incident, one in which the abuser is noticeably different to a typical Canadian, gives the absurd impression that such abuse is perpetrated by "others" and not average Joes. The fact is that the vast majority of abuse which will be dished out in this country of ours tonight will be by Canadians. Canadian men and women will beat on each other, for hours, and tomorrow morning they'll try to pretend it never happened and people like you make it easier to see it as a problem that other people have. It is everywhere, in every community, in every ethnic group, in every religion and by both sexes. This is the news story. This is what needs to be reported. But no, people like Ezra would put out stories focusing on the unusual characteristics of the abuser, and idiots will latch on to those differences and pretend to themselves that Canadians don't do this, but that's just not true.

How many more women are going to be beaten by refugees who claim they weren't educated about our laws?

Would it be more acceptable if someone who knows the laws beats up their spouse? How do you not get that ignorance of the law is no excuse. It's also not news worthy. Domestic violence is a terrible problem in Canada and refugees/immigrants/foreigners account for a tiny fraction of the domestic violence going on in Canadian society. You and Ezra only seem to really care because the perpetrator is a Muslim. You have shown no concern or consideration whatsoever for the abused. And you have the gall to claim that I have little respect for women.

Why were they even allowed in to Canada if they had values that were so anti-women?? Shame is too weak a word here. We should all be ashamed that any immigrant comes to this country without a basic understanding of our laws, and especially our rights and freedoms concerning women, and their right to not be beaten by hockey sticks.

The truth is that many Canadians who should know of these laws don't seem to care anyway. The countless women who will be beaten tonight deserve better, the countless men who will suffer deserve better, but all you seem to care about is highlighting a single incident where the abuser was atypical. One drop in the ocean of abuse under which our country is drowning. But rather than suggesting that we should be helping all the abused, you harp on about the fact that Raifa is a Muslim and how terrible it is that he didn't know the law (which is almost certainly a crock of siht).

This is a problem that needs to be fixed, but unfortunately, every time this happens, there are politically correct hacks screaming "nothing to see here". Shame on every single one of these people.

I never said that there was "nothing to see here", I said that it is so common that it is not news worthy. They are so different and I think, though I am not sure, that even you can tell the difference between the two.

I do not care about the race, creed, skin colour, age, sex, or gender of the perpetrator. It makes it no more or less acceptable, but some people seem to be less interested in the welfare of the abused and are more interested in the abuser and profiling them.
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Shame on the REBEL for not reporting on these stories of ignorance of the law (and the one with the response, below).

Man charged after windows smashed at Ottawa mosque, Islam Care Centre

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ot ... -1.4071088

Man facing hate-related mischief charge after windows shattered at Montreal mosque

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... -1.3991872

Hijab-wearing woman attacked in Metro urges others to don religious symbols

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... -1.2494575

Police seek woman who pulled on girl's hijab, assaulted her aboard SRT

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/w ... -1.3364574
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

neilsimon wrote:I don't know whether to take you seriously or assume you're just a troll. .

The feeling is more than mutual. When you post nonsense like "there's no story here" it is such a ludicrous statement I have to assume you are trolling as no reasonable human being, living in Canada, who accepts our values in this country, could say something this ludicrous. If you meant it, then I mean this - shame on you my friend. Shame on you.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

neilsimon wrote:I don't know whether to take you seriously or assume you're just a troll. .

The feeling is more than mutual. When you post nonsense like "there's no story here" it is such a ludicrous statement I have to assume you are trolling as no reasonable human being, living in Canada, who accepts our values in this country, could say something this ludicrous. If you meant it, then I mean this - shame on you my friend. Shame on you.

I hope you are out there demanding that all abuse cases get covered too. Please let me know when you do that let me know how your efforts go. In the mean time, I can only surmise that you don't really care about domestic violence as you claim.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

neilsimon wrote:I hope you are out there demanding that all abuse cases get covered too. Please let me know when you do that let me know how your efforts go. In the mean time, I can only surmise that you don't really care about domestic violence as you claim.

This is one of the tactics that I hate most from leftists. When a Syrian refugee molests six girls at a pool in Edmonton, everyone is supposed to ignore it as "girls get molested every day". Even when the refugee claims that he had no idea he wasn't allowed to molest girls in pools as "they don't have laws about this where I am from" (we don't know if this was his defense, as the media has gone silent on this, I'm just going off of what refugees in Europe have said when caught molesting girls and boys at pools). Then a Syrian refugee beats his wife with a hockey stick, claims that he had no idea it was against the law, and once again, we're supposed to just look the other way, because "women get beat by hockey sticks every day".

I'm sorry, but this is apologist nonsense, and pure garbage. No one should come to this country and say they didn't know that molestation and abuse were against the law here. If proper training is given immigrants, and they break the law, then they should be sent back, or jailed. At the very least, we aren't ignoring the problem of a lack of education, all in the name of the stubborn need to cling to failed ideals about multi-culturalism at all costs, including deliberately ignoring battered women and molested children.
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Then a Syrian refugee beats his wife with a hockey stick, claims that he had no idea it was against the law, and once again, we're supposed to just look the other way, because "women get beat by hockey sticks every day".

I'm butting in but I've been following this tirade of yours for awhile and I don't get it. No one said anything about looking the other way and no one is defending wife beating.

Can you actually point to some direct quote where someone says something like, "yeah it's OK to beat one's wife?" No?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JollyGreenBully wrote:
I'm butting in

Why?
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Why?

Because I wanted to ask a question. Are you actually going to bother answering? I guess not.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've been enjoying the back and forth and wondering when GB and NS are going out for a beer to settle things.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

neilsimon wrote:I hope you are out there demanding that all abuse cases get covered too. Please let me know when you do that let me know how your efforts go. In the mean time, I can only surmise that you don't really care about domestic violence as you claim.

This is one of the tactics that I hate most from leftists. When a Syrian refugee molests six girls at a pool in Edmonton, everyone is supposed to ignore it as "girls get molested every day". Even when the refugee claims that he had no idea he wasn't allowed to molest girls in pools as "they don't have laws about this where I am from" (we don't know if this was his defense, as the media has gone silent on this, I'm just going off of what refugees in Europe have said when caught molesting girls and boys at pools). Then a Syrian refugee beats his wife with a hockey stick, claims that he had no idea it was against the law, and once again, we're supposed to just look the other way, because "women get beat by hockey sticks every day".

Please tell me where I said we should look the other way? It is a very different thing to say it is not news worthy than to say that we should look the other way. Are you willing and able to accurately represent and argue against what I have actually said, because so far you have not?

I'm sorry, but this is apologist nonsense, and pure garbage. No one should come to this country and say they didn't know that molestation and abuse were against the law here. If proper training is given immigrants, and they break the law, then they should be sent back, or jailed.

Wow! There is no way that it should depend on whether they get training in Canadian law or not. Why would you argue that an immigrant who has not received proper training should be above the law? In these matters, the law should be blind to the origin of the perpetrator when determining guilt. While honest mistake may sometimes be acceptable defence, ignorance of the law is never an acceptable defence. It is incumbent on those who move here to be aware of our laws to at least a level which would be common for us Canadians.

At the very least, we aren't ignoring the problem of a lack of education, all in the name of the stubborn need to cling to failed ideals about multi-culturalism at all costs, including deliberately ignoring battered women and molested children.

I have never suggested that we should ignore battered or molested men, women or children. I would never argue that. Only a monster would argue that. I would argue that we need to be more aware of the prevalence of abuse and not be ignorant to the fact that many people just like you and me will suffer such tonight. Abuse doesn't care about religion, it doesn't care about race, it hurts everyone and until fools stop focusing on minorities as the boogeyman, we will continue to have a huge problem which is basically everywhere in Canada.

It is my belief that Ezra cares far less about the abused in this case than he does about making a point about the abuser. In fact, I suspect he did not contact the abused beforehand to see if she wanted to have her story covered in the first place. That is a courtesy that any worthwhile news organisation should extend to her.

:topic:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It's when the "boogymen" argue that they "didn't know the law" that inspires declarative statements like "SO Let's FIX that!' Canadan Law classes for ALL!

And yes, Women's Shelters were overflowing before any syrian refugees were even a twinkle in the Canadain eye, so what's going to change that fact?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

You do realize that the "FOR ALL" part is also for the women who have to learn about getting lawyers, the illegality of honour killing, the fact that they can take grievances all the way to the Supreme Court if warranted. That they have labour rights and compensation expectations in line with labour laws and codes.

And they can learn that Canadians do not accept domestic violence and there are phone numbers to call.

Ya, the "for all" part is not limited to just telling men about what constitutes unacceptable violence. Oh, and if they like it that hitting is not considered domestic violence then Russia has the a home for them. Literally.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

Queen K wrote:You do realize that the "FOR ALL" part is also for the women who have to learn about getting lawyers, the illegality of honour killing, the fact that they can take grievances all the way to the Supreme Court if warranted. That they have labour rights and compensation expectations in line with labour laws and codes.

The "for all" would have to apply to Canadians too as it is quite clear that many Canadians do not fully grasp the law. My biggest concern would be that it somehow shifts the legal responsibility. I can imagine the court case where a perpetrator claims to not know that it's illegal to shot a fleeing mugger in the back, because that wasn't covered in the course or was accidentally missed by the instructor.

Return to “Canada”