Weed law being tabled

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Weed law being tabled

Post by maryjane48 »

new pot law being tabled as we speak . proud moment for canada . finaly in some form the criminal laws and jailment of pot users is coming to a end in canada . :130:
Last edited by maryjane48 on Apr 13th, 2017, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Weed law being tabled

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

hey ferri if castanet need weed reviewer i might be available as voluntear [icon_lol2.gif]
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

[icon_lol2.gif] Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

haha . :130:

i just hope its set up so the small company can particapate to because it is going to be a new industry created out of thin air . the job potential is huge
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

I am glad to see this. Prohibition creates criminals (just like it did with alcohol).

A good first step toward sane drug policies.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

From Castanet article wrote:zero-tolerance approach" to drug-impaired driving

Add alcohol to this zero-tolerance from coast to coast to coast, it would be very good step in right direction.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/tr ... -1.4069889

I wish they had a test to show whether you were too impaired to drive involving reflexes, vision, coordination, etc as to target IMPAIRED drivers instead of drivers who register certain numbers. Are you a driver who's cognitive skills have become so bad you'll drive right through a library? No problem! There's no breathalyzer or swab that will say you shouldn't drive. So tired you can't stay awake behind the wheel? Mixed your meds again? Just a super crappy driver to begin with? Don't worry, you're basically driving impaired legally. Why not a test to see if you're too impaired to drive, what is honestly wrong with that idea?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

zzontar wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/trudeau-impaired-driving-changes-1.4069889

I wish they had a test to show whether you were too impaired to drive involving reflexes, vision, coordination, etc as to target IMPAIRED drivers instead of drivers who register certain numbers. Are you a driver who's cognitive skills have become so bad you'll drive right through a library? No problem! There's no breathalyzer or swab that will say you shouldn't drive. So tired you can't stay awake behind the wheel? Mixed your meds again? Just a super crappy driver to begin with? Don't worry, you're basically driving impaired legally. Why not a test to see if you're too impaired to drive, what is honestly wrong with that idea?

There are actually many tests that do just this. There's the Standardized Field Sobriety Test which has been in use for decades and is recognized by all the courts and science as highly effective in detecting impairment by drugs and or alcohol.

Also there are the Drug Recognition Experts that police use that do testing on top of the field tests that look at vision, coordination, and are also qualified to do basic medical tests as well.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Be good if they had a device that measured true impairment like an actual line not to be crossed not just detection which can linger far far after consumption.
Otherwise there's gonna be a lot of false positives and skewed stats depending on what side your on on this subject.

This legalization is probably mostly a windfall for lawyers more than anything.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I think a well designed series of questions could weed out drivers high on pot such as, " want some potato chips"?

Or simply add a lava lamp to the bank of lights on the cruiser, arrest those that call it "cooooool".

[icon_lol2.gif]
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Chyren wrote:
There are actually many tests that do just this. There's the Standardized Field Sobriety Test which has been in use for decades and is recognized by all the courts and science as highly effective in detecting impairment by drugs and or alcohol.

If they have a test that detects impairment of any sort and impairment is what they don't want, why would they sink a fortune of tax dollars into devices that only detect if you've done certain drugs and doesn't even test for impairment?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I believe they are working on a theory of zero tolerance meaning you don't have to be impaired just have it in your system. Possibly the government wants it thrown out as against human rights and then they can just say sorry we tried it's up to the provinces now. Would that surprise anyone?
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Well if it's up to the discretion of enforcement wouldn't it be possible that some jurisdictions be more reasonable while others be truly zero tolerant as far as having it in your system? As things are now some areas tolerate dispensaries while others just don't even while ALL are illegal.
Also i'm not talking about truly impaired, all impairment should be dealt with.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

If legalizing pot is the wish and will of the majority of Canadians, then it is likely to be the outcome. What is somewhat amazing is the fact that this issue and the impending legislation to legalize recreational pot is such a high profile news item, attracting comment and opinion from many a politician [Federal, Provincial and Municipal]... while issues like the escalated and unaffordable cost of drugs such as the EPIPEN don't get so much as a minute's attention in the media or in the comments of our politicians. How screwed up are we eh?

Return to “Canada”