Justins popularity going up

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Justins popularity going up

Post by maryjane48 »

[icon_lol2.gif] well new ispo poll has mr socks gaining popularity. i guess the choice of sheer was not good selection
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Re: Justins popularity going up

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

You read the poll wrong. He has in FACT lost popularity. By 9 points no less.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

and he'll lose more as the NDP regroup and find a new leader to suck all of the really hard-core lefties back from the Liberal tent. Justin lying about proportional representation will bring them back to the New Dumbs and Green$, just as paying a traitorous terrorist $10 million will bring the center right back to the Conservatives.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:and he'll lose more as the NDP regroup and find a new leader to suck all of the really hard-core lefties back from the Liberal tent. Justin lying about proportional representation will bring them back to the New Dumbs and Green$, just as paying a traitorous terrorist $10 million will bring the center right back to the Conservatives.

I doubt NDP will regroup (the core will vote NDP regardless of leader) they were never in the numbers, I doubt center right Cons will vote for Harper Lite.
It's an opportunity lost, they could have picked a better leader.
In fact i'll go so far as saying the next Conservative Prime Minister of Canada won't be Scheer.
Last edited by jimmy4321 on Jul 29th, 2017, 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

He's more popular with the younger politically correct crowd who cannot think for themselves. An example:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/43 ... sian-woman

As each generation gets more dumbed down, eventually there could be a "Trudeau" as PM forever.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

That's right. Very soon our PM will be
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho which is quite close to what we already have.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/pres ... _n_2058461

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/d4a8ff ... ist=340007
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

I have to agree with the statement that Andrew Scheer won't be the next Conservative PM. Politics today is just so much about image. Trudeau is so smooth and Scheer looks like a farmboy who just got off the tractor from his first day plowing in the spring with a windburned moonface.

Plus, the Conservative party had to take down Scheer's website the day after he won the leadership because they were embarrassed about his extremist stances on abortion and women's rights. The attack ads have already been written.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

zzontar wrote:He's more popular with the younger politically correct crowd who cannot think for themselves. An example:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/43 ... sian-woman

As each generation gets more dumbed down, eventually there could be a "Trudeau" as PM forever.

Personal attack

Give it a rest. There is no dumbing down of generations. This is the same generational nonesense that's been going on since antiquity. You probably have more knowledge than any one of your ancestors. And your relatives probably said equally dumb things when they were college age.
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jul 29th, 2017, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

The dumbing down is relatively recent. Ask any group of people in their 50's the same questions that were asked in the link and I doubt the response would be the same.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

bob vernon wrote:I have to agree with the statement that Andrew Scheer won't be the next Conservative PM.

Andrew Scheer - he's just not ready.
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

jimmy4321 wrote: In fact i'll go so far as saying the next Conservative Prime Minister of Canada won't be Scheer.

That's a bold statement. 'Joe Who' astonished everyone by defeating Pierre Trudeau, after winning the Con leadership back in the 70's.

In the lead-up to every election and then during every election, a whole range of people will be introduced as, or proclaimed to be (or not to be...) the next premier/PM/President/Governor, etc, etc, etc. And most of them are going to be dead wrong.

During the Social Credit leadership convention after Vanderzalm resigned, Rita Johnson was the acting Premier. At one point she stood on the stage screeching -- like a banshee with its butt on fire -- for the live Social Credit audience and the TV cameras... "MR. HARCOURT, YOU WILL NEVER BE PREMIER OF THIS PROVINCE!!! MR. HARCOURT, YOU WILL NEVER BE PREMIER OF THIS PROVINCE!!!", over and over again, ad nauseam. He won the next election.

So think carefully before proclaiming who is -- and isn't -- going to be the next such-and-such. We all have long memories here.
:200: :138:
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Omnitheo wrote:
Give it a rest. There is no dumbing down of generations. This is the same generational nonesense that's been going on since antiquity. You probably have more knowledge than any one of your ancestors. And your relatives probably said equally dumb things when they were college age.

Well this is a vastly different topic than the OP intended, but I'd have to disagree.

While they maybe good with technology, they're pretty much braindead with everything else.

Return to “Canada”