Trudeau Face Consequences.

Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Post by Omnitheo »

Agreed Merry,

I just can’t see it being much of an issue when the other party seemed so uninterested in it when they were in power. It’s basically the same game over and over. 1 of two parties gets elected, they do the same things. Ethics Violations, contempt of parliament, taxpayer funded escapades, scandals. And the only people who raise a stink are the supporters of the opposition.

It doesn’t matter how loud Fishin screams about it, the actions will be met with the same amount of apathy by the general public and indifference and excusal by the law. Maybe, just maybe if it goes on long enough voters will swing back to the other party and watch the same bs again.

I know it’s a common excuse to say “that was the other guys though, this is now. We’re not talking about what we did” but as long as I see the usual suspects on here heavily criticize the current government, while they laugh off the same behaviour from their representatives, then it’s still worth mentioning. Merry you’ve been consistent in your condemnation of the governments regardless who is in power and I respect that.

So back to Trudeau. Are his violations bad enough to sway you vote back to the conservatives after what you saw they did? I’m not trying to downplay your condemnation for Trudeau’s actions. I’m just wondering in context, knowing the realities of both parties, which do you have less contempt for?

For me I’m still siding with the other option. The party more interested in running a Government than in how they can abuse it.

One thing I will say about Trudeau...and not about this issue, but in regards to nearly every other controversy that has come up, is that it tended to play out like this:
-Liberals do something other past governments have done without controversy
-controversy stirs up
-liberals change the laws to prevent such behaviours.

And that’s more than the other governments did. Canadians have come to demand a much more transparent and accountable government. While we’re peering with laser focus, we’re going to dig up stuff, especially stuff we just haven’t paid much attention to in the past. But as long this government continues to listen, they’ll hopefully continue to change the process and set new guidelines that will extend across party lines and into future governments.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I hope you're correct Omnitheo about the Libs fixing problems as they arise, because they definitely need to revisit our ethics law and it's lack of "teeth".

The very idea that the holder of the highest office in the land can blatantly flout the Law, not once but four times, and get away with it, is repugnant to me. And, like you, it bothers me that the only people who seem to be upset by this are those folks who support the Opposition. Because such poor behaviour on the part of a sitting Prime Minister ought to be of concern to everyone; particularly those who voted for him.

If one of Trudeau's Ministers had done the same thing, there is no doubt in my mind that Trudeau would have asked for that Minister's resignation. Yet when Trudeau himself breaks the Law, there is almost no consequence. It's outrageous.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

Yikes! R.C.M.P. getting called in to do a criminal investigation of Justin's illegal vacation.

Because it's 2019.

https://www.facebook.com/PeterKentMP/vi ... 6130356601
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Slowly and surely they will get around to investigating JTs involvement in the SNC interference scandal, then the Norman scandal, and then the next scandal, and so on.

Really, ClownPrince requires an investigative police force all to himself.

:biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Pete Podoski wrote:Yikes! R.C.M.P. getting called in to do a criminal investigation of Justin's illegal vacation.

Because it's 2019.

https://www.facebook.com/PeterKentMP/vi ... 6130356601

Hmmmmmm.....didn't Kent ask rhe RCMP to rehash old ground after they refused to do so originally? Did they change their mind or is this another ploy to keep old news current so no one will notice the CONs have no plans of their own.
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences

Post by csm »

Omnitheo wrote:
Catsumi wrote:Last I heard it cost close to $300,000.00 for his vacation where he gifted millions of Canadian taxpayers money to Kahn, who is described as a philanthropist.

I thought philanthropists gave away their OWN money, not someone elses.

This shameful boondoggle rankles right up there with payout to terrorist.

What have we done to wind up with this sorry-a :cuss: excuse of a leader.?

:swear: :swear: :swear:

Pretty sure he donated to the Khan's foundation. Just like Harper did before him.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar ... nture.html

Harper is gone - and soon Trudeau will be too - hopefully into a jail cell.
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
Enjoy your new "Slave State"!
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by csm »

fvkasm2x wrote:I don't know why we bother to write article about this, discuss it on the internet or even draw attention to it.

Let's face it. Nothing will happen to him.

Look at all the controversies he's been involved with already and still, support for him is pretty high. Basically, it doesn't matter if you're a terrible leader and a terrible person... as long as you're not Harper.

Your right - in any other Country, Trudeau would have been thrown out for treason, prosecuted and punished. He's violated our national security and sovereignty that he had sworn to defend, undermined our Justice system that he had sworn to uphold, and imposed punishing taxes on the very people he was mandated to do just the opposite ( middle class ).

People talk about fake news - he is a Fake Prime Minister and needs to be removed IMMEDIATELY!

Wonder what he has over the Military and RCMP, that they sit on their hands and DO NOTHING!

We rely on them to protect us from tyranny and injustice, since it's illegal for us to protect ourselves.

This country is Done and all those lives lost trying to defend it have been wasted!!
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

csm wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:I don't know why we bother to write article about this, discuss it on the internet or even draw attention to it.

Let's face it. Nothing will happen to him.

Look at all the controversies he's been involved with already and still, support for him is pretty high. Basically, it doesn't matter if you're a terrible leader and a terrible person... as long as you're not Harper.

Your right - in any other Country, Trudeau would have been thrown out for treason, prosecuted and punished. He's violated our national security and sovereignty that he had sworn to defend, undermined our Justice system that he had sworn to uphold, and imposed punishing taxes on the very people he was mandated to do just the opposite ( middle class ).

People talk about fake news - he is a Fake Prime Minister and needs to be removed IMMEDIATELY!

Wonder what he has over the Military and RCMP, that they sit on their hands and DO NOTHING!

We rely on them to protect us from tyranny and injustice, since it's illegal for us to protect ourselves.

This country is Done and all those lives lost trying to defend it have been wasted!!

You're right, I call FAKE NEWS!
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

floppi wrote:I call FAKE NEWS!

What the heck is fake about saying Trudeau's been involved in several controversies? Or that he's tried to undermine our justice system? Or that he's imposed a punishing tax on those least able to afford it?

Trudeau's done all those things, and more.

Time for a change.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences

Post by csm »

Omnitheo wrote:
Catsumi wrote:Last I heard it cost close to $300,000.00 for his vacation where he gifted millions of Canadian taxpayers money to Kahn, who is described as a philanthropist.

I thought philanthropists gave away their OWN money, not someone elses.

This shameful boondoggle rankles right up there with payout to terrorist.

What have we done to wind up with this sorry-a :cuss: excuse of a leader.?

:swear: :swear: :swear:

Pretty sure he donated to the Khan's foundation. Just like Harper did before him.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar ... nture.html

Did he donate his "own" money? Or ours?
>Money that could be better spent in Canada, you know, like - feeding and housing our already overwhelming population of homeless?
>Increasing the number of rehab centres to curb the unprecedented epidemic of drug addiction? Increasing funding to single parents who are trying to struggle against a punishing taxation system while trying to support growing ( and expensive ) children?
>Eliminating child poverty
>Providing more funding for Veterans ( especially those with permanent injury )?

No, it's all about his narcissistic personality on how he looks to all the other political trash out there instead of putting Canadians first.

He is a Global Citizen - not a Canadian Citizen - his T-shirt picture ( posted on another thread ) testifies to that.

He is having a great time at our expense, and we will be paying for this for decades ( just like dear old Dad ).

I've said this before ( he even got elected ), I'll say it now, and say it again and again and again until the Citizens of this country wake up and get rid of the worst PM this country has ever witnessed.

"Trudeau Must Go"!!!
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by csm »

Omnitheo wrote:The money wasn't donated to a philanthropist, it was donated to an organization. Just like if you were to donate to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, it doesn't mean you're giving money to Bill Gates

How about donating to your Country first?
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by csm »

floppi wrote:You're right, I call FAKE NEWS!

Of course you would!
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Merry wrote:
floppi wrote:I call FAKE NEWS!

What the heck is fake about saying Trudeau's been involved in several controversies? Or that he's tried to undermine our justice system? Or that he's imposed a punishing tax on those least able to afford it?

Trudeau's done all those things, and more.

Time for a change.

I was responding to this,

in any other Country, Trudeau would have been thrown out for treason, prosecuted and punished. He's violated our national security and sovereignty that he had sworn to defend.....

Return to “Canada”