Tobique marijuana dispensary raid

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Tobique marijuana dispensary raid

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/new- ... -1.4343676

i see the rcmp are still not done repressing the first nations of canada . this is a failure of canadas police depts and our govt. shamefull and reprehencible
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Tobique marijuana dispensary raid

Post by vegas1500 »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/new-brunswick/tobique-marijuana-dispensary-rcmp-chief-1.4343676

i see the rcmp are still not done repressing the first nations of canada . this is a failure of canadas police depts and our govt. shamefull and reprehencible

So do the RCMP not have the right to conduct an investigation if they suspect there is illegal activity going on? I don't care who the people are, if they have nothing to hide they shouldn't have an issue. They are the ones making it a problem by "blocking" the cops.
Police can never Do right by you, can they.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

It's unfortunate, going by the Chiefs pic it looks like he's a quarter way through a pan of brownies left behind [icon_lol2.gif]
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

jimmy4321 wrote:It's unfortunate, going by the Chiefs pic it looks like he's a quarter way through a pan of brownies left behind [icon_lol2.gif]

I thought the same thing but didn't say anything because surely someone will say that's a racist comment..
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

lol.
Of course, the chief has to ask, why are the RCMP giving us trouble when our community is struggling with drugs. Sounds like a good plan... before any police knock on your door, make sure you get high and ask them why you’re being given so much trouble, ‘can’t you see I have a drug problem?’

Pot is illegal until it is not illegal.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I have trouble with the people who feel Indigionous people do not have to respect the laws of Canada.

IF this occurred with a group of white third generation Canadians, people would be outraged that they did this. I think it's time Government stood their ground and said enough is enough this is the law and you are in Canada.

There should not be two separate laws or standards, sorry. If you decide to breach the laws of Canada there has to be accountability and consequence. I personally don't care what color you are, I'm prejudice against those who can not live by the laws of the land.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Based on the limited information in the article here is what they're saying:

1) They are sovereign, meaning they do not have to conform to Canadian law.
2) There's a lot more to this story when you have any side refusing to comment on anything.
3) They blame others for the opiod crisis.
4) There was a previous order given and not complied with.

If they want a licenced grow to be legal then they have to comply with the law. It doesn't matter where it is. To use "native self government" as a reason why they do not comply with Canadian law does not help these First Nations people efforts to achieve that goal.

Working together under the law will be good for everyone. There are legal ways to set up a legal grow. Look at Lumby here in BC for an example. Positive steps with local, provincial, and federal government to make something work.

As a side note it is another great example of maryjane showing an opinion of police instead of looking at the real story here...

Return to “Canada”