Pot Price

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Pot Price

Post by Ken7 »

The Federal Government once again does not surprise me with this.
They are now canvasing Canadians to determain what the going rate for Cannabis will be as you know they will be selling it come July 2018.

This is real interesting. Let's for just argument sake put a $1.00 value on pot, quantity doesn't matter. Now in saying this what if the cost to put it out there just happens to be $1.00 by the grower, and this does not include a profit margin.
Then you have to include taxation by the Province which like petroleum will vary from one province to the other.

Throw another screw into the system, if one province has lower taxes then others you have cross boarder provincial shoppers.

If the grower can NOT supply where is the money going to come from? Will this as the Liberal Government suggested stop black market and organized crime?

Do you think the Government will supplement growers with Tax dollars? I for one sure hope this is not going to be the end result.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/m ... -1.4298540

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada- ... -1.4047530

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/pot-wee ... -1.4065442
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Pot Price

Post by maryjane48 »

To grow just bud is dirt cheap . Its the preperations,that will cost more. Like sprays oils ect ect . .if the cost per gram is 10 or less, preferably 5 to 8 is more than enough for producer to make money. And govt .

My question does govt give money to wine or spirits ot beer companies ?

https://www.google.ca/amp/ottawacitizen ... or-now/amp
http://www.coastforest.org/son-of-black ... st-sector/

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report- ... e19192109/

Then theres that ^^^
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

With this sorry *bleep* government and the weed addled brains of its enthusiastic followers, the outcome will not be good or fair for the law abiding taxpayer.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Catsumi wrote:With this sorry *bleep* government and the weed addled brains of its enthusiastic followers, the outcome will not be good or fair for the law abiding taxpayer.

In what way ? Over 60 percent want this to happen and one could argue is what got jt the pm office .just be honest and say you dont agree instead of the highschool dramatics :130:

I want booze to not be sold but here we are
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

maryjane48 wrote:To grow just bud is dirt cheap . Its the preperations,that will cost more. Like sprays oils etc etc . .if the cost per gram is 10 or less, preferably 5 to 8 is more than enough for producer to make money. And govt .

My question does govt give money to wine or spirits ot beer companies ?

https://www.google.ca/amp/ottawacitizen ... or-now/amp
http://www.coastforest.org/son-of-black ... st-sector/

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report- ... e19192109/

Then theres that ^^^

Lol. Ya dirt cheap lol. Give it a try. Let me know how u make out mj lol
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I think most people will opt for a legal transaction though it it could be a bit pricier than black market, opting for a transaction that won't give them a record. I believe there's going to be a home grow option, so that may take the edge off- For these people maybe they can pool resources.
When the price of booze goes up i don't start pricing out Ubrew shops, or fireup a still, Maybe if we were all alcoholics. I can brew beer at a fraction of the liqour store price, though legal it's a bit of a nuisance. so i don't.

Is it that the gov is doing this for the money and not entirely for the reason of obliterating the black market? Is this new, the feeling the government could be hypocritical Lol - not unique to any government.
Their price will come down when they see they are alienating a segment of the market, greed will do that.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

jimmy4321 wrote:
Is it that the gov is doing this for the money and not entirely for the reason of obliterating the black market? Is this new, the feeling the government could be hypocritical Lol - not unique to any government.
Their price will come down when they see they are alienating a segment of the market, greed will do that.

I appreciate your view point. Government obviously has seen a window to make money. Will their efforts stop black market, not likely.

Something which will control the market is the cost of production. These individuals are building large grow operations which likely will require some financial backing, I know two fellows who have their own grow operations on a large scale on the start.

IF they can not make money do you think they will just do it for the feel good factor as some here think on this board?

It would be no different than cherry farming, if the price of cherries was $1.00 a gallon the effort and cost would not make it financially worth while to continue farming.

In saying this, if the Government wishes to sell it at a very low price to knock out the black market, where will the costs to grow it come from? Will they then supplement the grower?

I certainly hope they do not even consider traveling that road. Currently we are supplying drugs to opiate druggies and where will it end with Taxation. Many of us have had enough of this and it's time to figure out ways to make programs self sustaining. Where is it going to end.

For those riding on social aid they are the ones clapping loudly, you can see it here.
Last edited by Ken7 on Dec 19th, 2017, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

So far all that has been said is all gopd for black market. Why would anyone want to pay more . Tax
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

The governmeny should not be surprised when there ia much less revenue from weed than they are expecting. Like all liberal plans this one is half baked

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Growing pot for bud is very inexpensive . Cheaper than making booze or cigs .its a,weed .no effort required.stop your baseless fear mongering oh wait ex cop equals reefermadness :130: drops mic
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

maryjane48 wrote:Growing pot for bud is very inexpensive . Cheaper than making booze or cigs .its a,weed .no effort required.stop your baseless fear mongering oh wait ex cop equals reefermadness :130: drops mic

How many pounds a light are u getting

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Jflem1983 wrote:

How many pounds a light are u getting

Growing up in a family operated business, you come to the realization the costs of doing business.

This topic is over ones head and further more by her childish name calling why continue responding to her. She really has nothing to add to this topic or others other than childish bashing.

Will be interesting to see the final outcome of pricing. I think we will see the black market continue which was one of the reasons behind the legalization, but again it's Liberal decision.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Street price today is like 3 bucks a gram. Not sure why anyone would wanna pay 11.50

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

The facts are the government does not even have a proven market. And they intend to triple the price. I dont have a crystal ball. I would say the supply chains in place now will remain for a while

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Jflem1983 wrote:How many pounds a light are u getting

It's not rocket science. It's just a plant. It costs the same to grow marijuana as it does tomatoes. Government price should be no higher than $8 per gram taxes in if one of their goals is to eliminate the black market.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “Canada”