Did the Conservatives pick a Dud?

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Did the Conservatives pick a Dud?

Post by Glacier »

justincase wrote:So, when you have a tummy ache, mommy will do?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. You don't need a political science degree to be a politician. That's just stupid. I don't care if Trudeau was a substitute teacher. It's a red herring to complain about his lack of experience. It's the same stupid reasoning everyone uses for pretty much every politician running these days. Not enough real world experience, not enough education, not enough political experience, not enough military experience, not enough experience banging hookers. The list goes on.

BTW, as our population ages, the age of the PMs keep dropping, so obviously when the average age of a Canadian was 25 and the average age of a PM was 65, the PM would have far more life experiences than the average Canadian, but now that the average age of the folks running to be PM in 2019 is the same as the Canadian average, their life experiences are going to be average. Nothing wrong with that, although in that vein, Trudeau comes out on top because he's a lot older than the NDP and Conservative leaders.

Age, education, life experiences, etc. are certainly SOME things to take into account, but there are many, many other factors that determine who is best suited for the job. It's too early for me to say who is best up for the challenge in 2019 (although Trudeau is currently at the bottom of my list even though I agree with him on some issues). Luckily, I still have a lot of time to think about it.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

Glacier wrote:So, when you have a tummy ache, mommy will do?-I'm not sure what you mean by this.

The point I was trying to make, if you have an ulcer or stomach cancer, mommy might have some experience in making you feel better but the better choice is the person with formal education and practical experience.

Glacier wrote:Age, education, life experiences, etc. are certainly SOME things to take into account, but there are many, many other factors that determine who is best suited for the job

What exactly does Andrew Scheer bring to the table then? A prolific liar to further advance his agenda? Insurance salesman? drug abuse that appears to have shortened his educational pursuits? Racism? Negative campaigning? Beer pong? A paper route? What, Glacier, qualifies Andrew to lead our great nation?
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

justincase wrote:What exactly does Andrew Scheer bring to the table then? A prolific liar to further advance his agenda? Insurance salesman? drug abuse that appears to have shortened his educational pursuits? Racism? Negative campaigning? Beer pong? A paper route? What, Glacier, qualifies Andrew to lead our great nation?

Are you saying that you need a political science degree to run for political office just as you need medical degree to treat medical problems?

Politics is not like medicine. Everyone can do it from all walks of life. Experience and education is one big red herring. No one. And I mean no one votes based upon someone's education. The only time it's ever brought up is when people try to make excuses for why you should or shouldn't vote for someone they are or aren't voting for.

What qualified Trump or Obama south of the border? Trump looks like he has lots of experience running businesses, and many say, "hey, look he's really qualified," but again, being "qualified" does not make you a good choice, especially when you buy into the leftist views on free-trade that hurt economies as Trump does. All the education in the world does not make you a good candidate. All the experience in the world does not make you a good candidate, and it's dishonest and hypocritical to say so.

Don't believe me, well, let's assume the roles were reversed. You don't like Sheer because of his polices, and you love Trudeau because of his, and Sheer has a doctorate in political science and 3 others in a wide range of topics. And Trudeau dropped out of high school grade 10. Then someone says, "you're a stupid idiot for voting for Trudeau -- just look at how much more education Sheer has!"

Of course, you'd say, "RED HERRING!"

What qualifies Sheer? Well, I don't know much about his policies. I will have to see what policies he comes up with in the next year or so before I'm going to tell you if he's a good candidate or not for the top job.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

Glacier wrote:Of course, you'd say, "RED HERRING!"

What qualifies Sheer? Well, I don't know much about his policies. I will have to see what policies he comes up with in the next year or so before I'm going to tell you if he's a good candidate or not for the top job.

Of course, anybody can do it, most people can swim, walk, run, and jump but few have the skills enough to be an Olympian at it. Our head of state needs to be an Olympian, world-class, with a foundation of a formal education and a lifetime of experience, and Scheer lacks on both fronts.
The only people that claim an education is not needed are the people without one.
*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 21st, 2018, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

justincase wrote:I Hope that is helpful.....but a formal education would have gone a long way to improving your ability to express yourself.

Okay, old man, I can definitely use a thesaurus! I only have one bachelor's degree and one technology diploma versus Trudeau's two bachelor degrees, so obviously he's more qualified than I am to run the country. Of course, I have a drunk womanizing racist amoral far-right uncle who has two bachelors and two doctorates, so he's even more qualified than the two of us combine!

Would you vote for my uncle over Trudeau? No you would not because education is not what you look at when determining who to vote for.
- Douglas Murray
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

I agree with you Glacier that is should be policy that matters. Unfortunately career politicians, the political science folks who never had anything else in mind, are, by and large, the very worst at coming up with policies that work.

We see that with the BC NDP/LEAP who are dominated by political "scientists".

There is nothing like experience in the real world to balance out a world view. It is worth reading about the changes in how Glen Clark (former NDP premier) has changed his worldview since being out in the real world. He might actually make a pretty decent premier now, instead of the disaster he was.

Political "scientists" only know how to manipulate, not how to accomplish anything. Yes, they can be good at snagging votes, but that is essentially populism, and populism doesn't make good policy.

A lightweight like JT can be can be effective, as he is good at snagging votes, so long as he leaves the policy making to the more qualified. Bill Morneau, Chystia Freeland, Jane Philpott and other more serious folks.

Scheer needs to put that team approach together, and it ought not include the likes of Skippy Poilievre, just serious policy folks that he can lift in the polls with his political expertise.

Good policy is really what matters, but you do need the smiling salespeople as many folks wouldn't know what good policy is.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

hobbyguy wrote:I agree with you Glacier that is should be policy that matters. Unfortunately career politicians, the political science folks who never had anything else in mind, are, by and large, the very worst at coming up with policies that work.

We see that with the BC NDP/LEAP who are dominated by political "scientists".

There is nothing like experience in the real world to balance out a world view. It is worth reading about the changes in how Glen Clark (former NDP premier) has changed his worldview since being out in the real world. He might actually make a pretty decent premier now, instead of the disaster he was.

Political "scientists" only know how to manipulate, not how to accomplish anything. Yes, they can be good at snagging votes, but that is essentially populism, and populism doesn't make good policy.

A lightweight like JT can be can be effective, as he is good at snagging votes, so long as he leaves the policy making to the more qualified. Bill Morneau, Chystia Freeland, Jane Philpott and other more serious folks.

Scheer needs to put that team approach together, and it ought not include the likes of Skippy Poilievre, just serious policy folks that he can lift in the polls with his political expertise.

Good policy is really what matters, but you do need the smiling salespeople as many folks wouldn't know what good policy is.

Yet, harper had one of the least educated caucuses in recent memory.
The results were a social, economic and environmental disaster.
By the end of 2014, the unemployment rate was higher than at the end of 2008 (the year of the global economic meltdown). The labour force participation rate was lower than in 2008. The employment rate (the percentage of the adult population employed) was lower than at the end of 2008. The youth unemployment rate was higher than at the end of 2008. The share of total employment made up of full-time jobs was less than in 2008 — and the quality of jobs had sunk to its lowest level in a quarter of a century and by 2015 Canadians were left with the highest household debt in the world, in a national, made by Conservative recession.
The conservatives have attacked women's rights, gaged scientist, canceled long-form census, destroyed decades of weather records, and scrapped 3,000 environmental reviews on pipelines and other projects, stole from the Veterans, Turned down a $300 million offer from Canadian farmers to purchase the wheat board and instead gave it to Saudi Arabia.

Just to name a few!
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Harper is history.

Scheer has the opportunity to build something better.

He could do well to spend some time talking to progressive conservatives like Joe Clark.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

hobbyguy wrote:Harper is history.

Scheer has the opportunity to build something better.

He could do well to spend some time talking to progressive conservatives like Joe Clark.

Actually, the Conservatives had the opportunity to build something better..............Instead, they chose A. Scheer, a harper prodigy. The man to continue harpers agenda of bigotry, hate, and division, coupled with dismal economic, and environmental policies.
After promising Canadians especially our proud minority Canadians not to engage with the racist, pundit, internet media site, the Rebel, Andrew then hires their staff to run his 2019 election campaign. The end result is the continuation of the KKK styled politics that has ended terribly for the congregation of a Quebec mosque and the individuals attacked for wearing Hijab. Andrew, as witness in the attached photo, heartlessly continues the secret dogwhistle agenda .............

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

justincase wrote: Actually, the Conservatives had the opportunity to build something better..............Instead, they chose A. Scheer,

Ya, I don't know that Andy was a great choice, but I don't know they had much of a pool to choose from. It is unfortunate party rules would not allow Rona Ambrose to be considered. She would have been a viable choice for Prime Minister.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Westerners just couldn't bring themselves to vote for Bernier in the leadership race. Kind of perpetuating the anti-Riel, conscription, and having French shoved down their throats bigotry of the past. And in the next election, Quebec will return the favour to Scheer. As a Harperite social conservative he runs counter to pretty much everything going on in Quebec, and also much of the rest of the nation.

Dud? For sure.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

If you actually look at the Rebel, Mark Steyn, or any of the hardcore conservative types, None of them had Andrew Sheer on their list. They liked Bernier, Lisa Raitt, and Kellie Lietch.

Maxime Bernier was way further to the right of Sheer, and would have a very had time winning a general election. Much harder than Sheer. He's probably to the right of Harper in his vocal opposition to government subsidies and such.

Of course, the left thinks he would be a sensible choice to win... until he actually won. Then they'd be like, "wow, the Cons screwed up again. They should have gone with someone more sensible like Sheer!"
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

justincase wrote: The man to continue harpers agenda of bigotry, hate, and division, coupled with dismal economic, and environmental policies.

Since none of the above is true, and is just a pile of total garbage, I do hope that Scheer follows in Harper's footsteps and becomes PM, and soon. And puts an end to the complete clownshow we have right now with the failed drama teacher.

The end result is the continuation of the KKK styled politics that has ended terribly for the congregation of a Quebec mosque and the individuals attacked for wearing Hijab.

What a crock of total crap. Hang your head in shame.

Andrew, as witness in the attached photo, heartlessly continues the secret dogwhistle agenda .............
]

you keep using this "dogwhistle" comment - you have no clue what it means. At all.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

bob vernon wrote: Kind of perpetuating the anti-Riel,

Anti-Riel? What the hell are you talking about?

Dud? For sure.

LOL - a dud who is now leading in the polls. What a joke.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Glacier wrote:
Of course, the left thinks he would be a sensible choice to win... until he actually won. Then they'd be like, "wow, the Cons screwed up again. They should have gone with someone more sensible like Sheer!"

you got that right. Total hypocrites, whose only weapons are partisan rhetoric and hyperbole. Their faux outrage over Scheer is just leftist nonsense.

Return to “Canada”