Did the Conservatives pick a Dud?

justincase
Board Meister

Re: Did the Conservatives pick a Dud?

Post by justincase »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
justincase wrote:
Every Liberal voter I know supported Kellie Leith or Andrew Scheer......duds

why would Liberal voters support Conservative leaders? This sounds really really dumb.

I didn't say vote for, a said supported. So, as a Liberal voter, Kellie Leitch and Andrew Scheer have my FULL support to be leaders of the Conservative party of Canada!
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

justincase wrote: So, as a Liberal voter, Kellie Leitch and Andrew Scheer have my FULL support to be leaders of the Conservative party of Canada!

good. When Andrew wins in 2019, I hope he will continue to have your support.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

The Green Barbarian wrote: When Andrew wins in 2019, I hope he will continue to have your support.

The reformed Conservatives are not electable were never electable and only got elected by a historical fluke of Canadian history (Thanks, Bloq Quebecois, which are no longer dividing the vote). They only managed to stay in power, by lying, cheating, election fraud, robocalls, and convincing everybody they were Mom and Dad's Progressive Conservatives. Nobody is voting for Andrew Scheer's continuation of that decade of darkness.
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

justincase wrote:The reformed Conservatives are not electable were never electable and only got elected by a historical fluke of Canadian history (Thanks, Bloq Quebecois, which are no longer dividing the vote). They only managed to stay in power, by lying, cheating, election fraud, robocalls, and convincing everybody they were Mom and Dad's Progressive Conservatives. Nobody is voting for Andrew Scheer's continuation of that decade of darkness.

It wasn't a fluke they won against Ignatieff and Dion, oh my goodness you fanboy of epic proportions. The people voted incompetent Liberals away because they were incompetent. HArper expired and didn't realize it, and JT just wasn't ready as we have sen, but those other two didn't fool Canada, and to be honest neither did JT......but enough didn't care as Harpers best before was over.

I can't say Sheer isn't a dud by any means yet, but I KNOW JT is....that is what people tend to vote these days, against...not for, and you are a rarity that still thinks Justin is capable and competant
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

Veovis wrote:I can't say Sheer isn't a dud by any means yet, but I KNOW JT is....that is what people tend to vote these days, against...not for, and you are a rarity that still thinks Justin is capable and competant

Scheer's a stoner, with little education, took two tries to get a BA. He brags about his paper route job and was an insurance salesman. You call that qualified? And worse than his education failure is his mentor was steve harper. He started his term by trying to deregulate Canada's banks like the USA did that caused the Global Economic Meltdown and when he was given the boot half his caucus was under some kind of criminal investigation and he left Canada's economy in a recession.
You continually make fun of Trudeau but The BIGGEST mistake Kory Teneyke (harper's communication director,) made was to try to paint Trudeau a stoner, surfer dude that's just not ready. Even ignoring conservative Brian Mulroney's warning of the folly of such a strategy. What Kory failed to anticipate was he could not prevent harper from facing Trudeau, man to man, in a contest of intellect and wit in the 2015 election debates (though he tried to limit the people that would witness the anticipated slaughter by eliminating the TV viewing audience and restricted it to the internet only) Trudeau, as expected by his team crushed steve in all the debates French and English, leaving harper standing at his podium impotent, exhausted and disheveled. A performance that rocketed Trudeau's Liberals to a Canadian record election win! harper was one of the smartest politicians in Canadian history (terrible Prime Minister) Scheer is a candle compared to harper's bonfire. BEWARE 2019!
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

This is bad news for Scheer: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ndp-singh-leadership-revolt-1.4596150

The NDP civil war with the LEAP idiots now has another dimension, where Jagmeet is stumbling. Old school unionist/moderate NDPers may start to think about where to place their votes - and it won't be with Scheer and the Conservatives. I can see most of the disaffected voting Green in protest - but not those who have come to distrust the LEAPers.

Will they just stay home? Maybe. But even then, it appears that the vote split on the left of center side will be weaker, and the Liberals should pick up some votes - without even trying.

I suppose that for both center-left and center-right folks, seeing the NDP in such disarray is positive. They have sure fallen a long way from the days of Layton and even Mulcair.

Scheer is going to have to put forward one heck of good plan for the next election, or he will continue to be on the outside looking in. So far, I see nothing of substance.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

hobbyguy wrote:
Scheer is going to have to put forward one heck of good plan for the next election, or he will continue to be on the outside looking in. So far, I see nothing of substance.

So far Scheer has offered...Negative campaigning, more guns, and lower taxes. Liberals have already lowered taxes for the middle-class and have promised to lower small business tax come 2019, election time. Coincidence, I think not!
Not much left for Scheer to stand on other than a dismal Party history and his own broken promises!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

justincase wrote:. Liberals have already lowered taxes for the middle-class

where? When?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

justincase wrote:
Scheer's a stoner, with little education, took two tries to get a BA.

LOL - and Trudeau's a stoner, with little education, who could only make it for one year of engineering at École Polytechnique. What's your point?

You continually make fun of Trudeau but The BIGGEST mistake Kory Teneyke (harper's communication director,) made was to try to paint Trudeau a stoner, surfer dude that's just not ready.

and yet here you are, making the same mistake with Scheer. Pretty freaking stupid.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

The Green Barbarian wrote:LOL - and Trudeau's a stoner, with little education, who could only make it for one year of engineering at École Polytechnique. What's your point?

Trudeau has two BA's was working on his third, a masters in environmental geography when he was called up to serve and taught French and Maths.
Being a child of a Prime Minister gave him an education in diplomacy (as we see working with trump) and has traveled to over 90 countries and met the most influential people in the world, including the great conservatives.

Scheer took two tries to get a BA, had a paper route (of which he is so proud of) and was an insurance salesman...we all love those guys, don't we?

and yet here you are, making the same mistake with Scheer. Pretty freaking stupid.

Is it?
Trudeau had the skills to prove his detractors embarrassingly wrong and sent harper packing (harper was the brightest star the conservatives have ever had). I don't think we can set the bar low enough for Scheer and it's doubtful he has the skills to send Jagmeet packing. But, Andrew has a good schtick....Grrrrrrrr, the positive message of hate!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 29th, 2018, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 29th, 2018, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Here's Scheer on CTV. I thought the interview guy was kind of a bonehead, being far too aggressive on his questioning about the man-made climate change myth, and his getting the name of Doug Ford wrong (calling him Rob for some reason), but I thought our next PM handled himself pretty well. I'd like to see PM Um Ah and Valley Girl Enviro-Minister McKenna come up with some numbers as to how much the carbon tax is going to reduce CO2 (if you are dumb enough to care about such a thing) in Canada. They have no idea. It's just a revenue grab. Pure and simple.

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Umm... Scheer's recent performances in the Okanagan and elsewhere show he is living in the past. He has not put forward a single positive proposal on anything - just chucked a few peanuts.

He might want to talk to Kim Campbell before continuing his basic thread of wanting to go back to the 1990s.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

hobbyguy wrote:Umm... Scheer's recent performances in the Okanagan and elsewhere show he is living in the past.

Ummm...I actually saw Scheer speak live, as did hundreds of others. He wasn't living in the past at all, and this statement is just ridiculous and partisan.

He has not put forward a single positive proposal on anything - just chucked a few peanuts.

No national carbon tax is a proposal, and a good one. The carbon tax is moronic and stupid.

He might want to talk to Kim Campbell before continuing his basic thread of wanting to go back to the 1990s.

Why would he do that? Kim Campbell blew a lead in the polls be being horribly lazy. Though she was PM for a few months, a fact that someone should let PM Dumb-Dumb know about the next time he starts talking about how Canada needs its "first female prime minister". DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/t ... today.html

Scheer started out behind but thanks to massive screw-ups by the dense bozos in the Liberal ranks, he's gaining a lot of momentum. Here he is making PM Dumb-dumb look stupid in the House, yet again:

This was after bonehead Mckenna couldn't answer a simple question about the carbon tax. She is just soooo dumb!

Return to “Canada”