Did the Conservatives pick a Dud?

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Did the Conservatives pick a Dud?

Post by Catsumi »

Glacier wrote:Bernier was too far to the economic right, even for most conservatives. Imagine a guy unapologically campaigning to do away with the dairy boards!

Alberta didn't get a lot of say even though they hold a disproportionately high number of members because it's based on the number of ridings you win.

PS. Bernier destroyed Sheer in Alberta, winning twice as many ridings as Sheer.

What???? Do away with our Sacred Cow, the DAIRY BOARD ??? :200: :200: :200:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Catsumi wrote:What???? Do away with our Sacred Cow, the DAIRY BOARD ??? :200: :200: :200:

Leftists would absolutely lose their minds. They'd be like, "why did the Conservatives pick this Bernier did? They should have picked someone more reasonable like Andrew Sheer."

BTW, unlike Alberta, Sheer won BC by a wide margin. He won all but one of the interior ridings.
Last edited by Glacier on Jan 13th, 2018, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Catsumi wrote:
Glacier wrote:Bernier was too far to the economic right, even for most conservatives. Imagine a guy unapologically campaigning to do away with the dairy boards!

Alberta didn't get a lot of say even though they hold a disproportionately high number of members because it's based on the number of ridings you win.

PS. Bernier destroyed Sheer in Alberta, winning twice as many ridings as Sheer.

What???? Do away with our Sacred Cow, the DAIRY BOARD ??? :200: :200: :200:

So we all agree then. Bernier was the logical choice. My guess is. Cons plan to lose. Bernier gave them a real shot at winning. So he just wouldnt do
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Glacier wrote:
Catsumi wrote:What???? Do away with our Sacred Cow, the DAIRY BOARD ??? :200: :200: :200:

Leftists would absolutely lose their minds. They'd be like, "why did the Conservatives pick this Bernier did? They should have picked someone more reasonable like Andrew Sheer."

Leftists do not vote for western Canadian values. Or for common sense pragmatic conservatives.

Leftists vote for handouts.

One has to consider that all 3 parties actively work against the people. This is my firm belief.

To be a politician one should have had to be a farmer. Then at least an average joe could drive by the farm and judge based on the look of your crops.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

Jflem1983 wrote:Leftists do not vote for western Canadian values. Or for common sense pragmatic conservatives.

Leftists vote for handouts.

You're describing seniors, not leftists.
Deean
Fledgling

Post by Deean »

No! Anything is better than Trudeau!
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Right...anything is better than a strong economy, strong job growth and low unemployment!
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote:Right...anything is better than a strong economy, strong job growth and low unemployment!

BC has all of these things too, and yet Christy Clark was the most evil vile person alive who had no business taking any credit for BC's strong economy, according to the leftist lunatics here. I get it, some here want to suck and blow at the same time, and laud Trudeau while bashing Christy Clark. It just seems a tad hypocritical.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

I voted for Trudeau and I regret it 100% but at the time I strongly disagreed with how Harper was running the country. So I choose to put some faith into a younger generations ability to do some good. Unfortunately Trudeau has done more harm than good with M103, C-16, and his appointment of highly questionable people to key positions within the government.
He's corruption level is appalling, Also him claiming that Islam is the most peaceful religion in existence shows that he does not share the same views as the majority of Canadians.

I will admit I dont know much about Andrew Sheer or his background/history but i'll be doing some research on him in the near future. But to put it plainly, I like the cut of his jib and by no means am I a religious person. In fact Im an atheist however I see the value in having a conservative leader as I generally agree with the majority of their points over the liberals and most definitely over the NDP's. Having said that I can confidentially say I strongly do not think Justin will be voted in next election and the leadership will go back to the conservatives solely based on their economic and fiscal responsibility. Justin is the type of leader that can do good things like legalize/regulate/tax pot but doesnt have a clue as to how to best spend that money. Hence why their own government predicted a trillion dollar deficit and the Conservatives predicted a billion dollar surplus. One would think by legalizing a billion dollar industry they would have some economic benefit from it. But it appears to be lost in the smoke and political correctness that is Justin Trudeau.

The simple question, Which leader/party do you think would benefit CANADA more? If you honestly believe Justin is the answer then I feel sorry for you and our future.
Last edited by Nedroj on Jan 19th, 2018, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

For what it's worth, the polls still show the Liberals would win in a landslide if an election were to happen today. Yes, I know the election is not today, but it's worth pointing out that far more people will have to abandon the Liberals before they become in danger of losing the next election.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Glacier wrote:For what it's worth, the polls still show the Liberals would win in a landslide if an election were to happen today. Yes, I know the election is not today, but it's worth pointing out that far more people will have to abandon the Liberals before they become in danger of losing the next election.

Polls taken by a fawning liberal media need to be digested with salt

CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Glacier wrote:For what it's worth, the polls still show the Liberals would win in a landslide if an election were to happen today. Yes, I know the election is not today, but it's worth pointing out that far more people will have to abandon the Liberals before they become in danger of losing the next election.

I really hope that nobody is under any kind of illusion that there is a serious opposition of any kind to the liberals. The Conservatives have over a few political generations moved pretty far to one side of the spectrum, to a degree alienating their supporters that are closer to the center. The exact same thing has happened to the NDP on the other side of the spectrum, and the Liberals have managed to position themselves to be appealing to both alienated groups. Despite that requiring them to contradict themselves a little bit here and there. After that none of the other parties matter, they barely even exist outside their little niche areas of support.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Justin's evil dad was way ahead in the polls before the 1972 election too. Look where that ended up.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

CapitalB wrote:I really hope that nobody is under any kind of illusion that there is a serious opposition of any kind to the liberals. .

yes, please keep parroting this narrative. It's exactly the kind of campaign strategy that won Hillary the presidency.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
CapitalB wrote:I really hope that nobody is under any kind of illusion that there is a serious opposition of any kind to the liberals. .

yes, please keep parroting this narrative. It's exactly the kind of campaign strategy that won Hillary the presidency.

Do they though? I don't hear the amount of popular support Harper had and they're really the only kind of opposition that the liberals have. Their base of habit voters is pretty large, and really only has to be more than 35% of voters to have a good chance of a win. Which traditionally they have so they do have a pretty reasonable shot. On the other side though the NDP voters are likely pretty aware they're backing a losing party and since a lot of the more NDP/Lib voters have for a long time now only voted strategically they'll probably go with the liberals purely to vote against the conservatives.

The conservatives winning a federal election as usual will come down to how the NDP and the Liberals end up splitting the liberal spectrum voters.

PS Hillary lost because the DNC blatantly and ruthlessly burned Bernie who similar to Trump was going into it with a huge amount of public support, plus all the political baggage she came with. That election was lost before it even started.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.

Return to “Canada”