It Is. About Time re dog mauling

Bigjohn69
Fledgling

It Is. About Time re dog mauling

Post by Bigjohn69 »

It is about time bad owners start to face real jail time . Lets hope this catches on across canada as it will do more than a bsl will ever do and it really is the owners at fault .

http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/02/22/q ... a-homepage
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: It Is. About Time re dog mauling

Post by the truth »

love it, hope it sets a new standard, we need it in kelowna
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

People that own these dogs should have to show that they can control these dogs. I see all kinds of young people with security dogs being dragged around when they are walking the dogs. This is the first sign they cannot control the dog.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

christopher wrote:People that own these dogs should have to show that they can control these dogs. I see all kinds of young people with security dogs being dragged around when they are walking the dogs. This is the first sign they cannot control the dog.

Breed is not the problem it is people who do not care for their dog. My small dog attacked by a Lab-doodle and the lady later sated her dog doesn't like little dogs. Well you saw a little dog in a off leash park, you had a leash at your feet...why not control your dog??

Windfield Lab-a-doodle Club member.

That is the problem, if the dog owner is dumb like stick they should not possess a dog of any breed!
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

the truth wrote:love it, hope it sets a new standard, we need it in kelowna

would you be saying that if owning a dog was part of the second amendment?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

please
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Maybe we just need more good dogs to protect us from the bad dogs.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

Ken7 wrote:
christopher wrote:People that own these dogs should have to show that they can control these dogs. I see all kinds of young people with security dogs being dragged around when they are walking the dogs. This is the first sign they cannot control the dog.

Breed is not the problem it is people who do not care for their dog. My small dog attacked by a Lab-doodle and the lady later sated her dog doesn't like little dogs. Well you saw a little dog in a off leash park, you had a leash at your feet...why not control your dog??

Windfield Lab-a-doodle Club member.

That is the problem, if the dog owner is dumb like stick they should not possess a dog of any breed!

The problem is 100% the owner. They have no idea what they are doing the more aggressive breeds the more danger other animals and people are exposed to.
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

Omnitheo wrote:
the truth wrote:love it, hope it sets a new standard, we need it in kelowna

would you be saying that if owning a dog was part of the second amendment?

Both can be dangerous, Both need training before handling, But only one can run away,
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Jean Gilles sounds like a total jerk and most likely encouraged his dog to be aggressive. I like pitties but have to say some people own them for all the wrong reasons.
That poor little girl her injuries were horrific :(
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
ReadyToGo

Post by ReadyToGo »

Pit bulls are like guns. Usually the wrong people own them. People choose them for their power and threat. Hmmm, get a well mannred dog or one that can hurt someone real bad. They should be banned out of populated areas and if some farmer wants them for bullying his cows around then what ever. Too many people getting hurt and killed. Don't bother coming off with the "poodles bite too" thing. It's not valid.
Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

It'd be nice if journalistic standards come back sometime soon.

"Pibull type dog" is quoted in the heading and article itself.

What is a pitbull type dog? It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what kind of dog it was. Hell, at least verify there was some sort of American Terrier in it and call it a pitbull cross.

This is just lazy reporting and done to instill fear in people.

Return to “Canada”