Wynne says "Get out and vote or old white people will"

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Wynne says "Get out and vote or old white people will"

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Trudeau's bestie Wynne wants youngsters to vote, or else old white people will determine who wins. This is beyond racist and ageist!

Kathleen Wynne warns students to vote or old white people will decide the election
March 17, 2018 Brian Lilley Ontario Politics 11

Kathleen Wynne visited Humber College on Friday and relayed a bizarre and disturbing message to the young and ethnically diverse student body, if you don’t vote then old white people will decide the election. She even put in a plug for them to vote for her.

Even after listening to the audio several times, even after taking into account what I am sure she felt was a breezy and light-hearted tone, the words themselves are shocking coming from a politician. More than shocking they are incredibly divisive, ageist and said in another context by another politician they would have been denounced as racist.

You don’t have to believe me, listen to the audio here.

http://brianlilley.com/kathleen-wynne-w ... -election/

Wynne’s message is not only clear, it is calculated. While at an official government event, not a campaign event, she is encouraging young people to vote and trying to scare them that if they don’t do it then those old white people will vote for a conservative.

Years of election data show that Wynne is right, older people, of all races, are more likely to vote than younger people. She also knows from years of polling data that young people are more likely to vote for a left wing politician like her.

This is the type of thing people expect from professors these days, like Dr. Michael Cappello who recently gave a lecture at Trent University on why it is okay to be against whiteness.

We don’t expect this from elected leaders, especially not one working in her capacity as premier.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: Wynne says "Get out and vote or old white people will"

Post by Ka-El »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Kathleen Wynne visited Humber College on Friday and relayed a bizarre and disturbing message to the young and ethnically diverse student body, if you don’t vote then old white people will decide the election.

The truth of the matter is, if young people don’t get out and become part of the election process then old white people will decide the election. I really don’t think this is some kind of secret no one has figured out yet, and if relaying this truth to an audience of young people is bizarre and disturbing – well, maybe to the old white people who will lose some of their influence in electing governments that are supposedly supposed to represent the interests of everyone, although I’m an old white people and I certainly don’t feel threatened by the idea of more people voting. I’m certainly no Wynne fan (I’m hoping Ford wins for the entertainment value alone), but this criticism seems somewhat desperate at best. I do want to see young people becoming more involved in these elections because it is going to be their world next.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

This constant a focus on what divides us, on "us versus them", is something I'd like to see politicians avoid. It's not healthy or productive.

She could be appealing to youth to step up and do their share, let their voices be heard, help us build a better tomorrow. Instead, she fostered the tired and wrong-headed divisive and dismissive attitude.

Her remark is reflective of a mindset that has never served us well, and never will. We're all in this together. We need leaders who help us remember this, and act accordingly.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Being white (haired, too), retired and basically broken hearted politically (every elected leader has been a disappointment, (provincially, city,and federally). I had become apathetic and didn't bother voting. That was UNTIL I joined Castanet and read the posts supporting policies and events that I'd consider disgraceful or criminal: $10.5M; a leader that has broken election promises consistently; terrorist support; the Injustice System; overspending on a grand scale; flipping off our Vets; non support for local/global economic endeavours (pipeline) .....that has changed my mind.

Now I read that because of my age, my life experiences and garnered wisdom (!!) my vote should be counteracted and actively nullified by the Left, JUST because the Libs fear of losing power.

NOW I WILL BE SURE TO VOTE.

There are many other baby boomers who worked hard, contributed much to the economy of Canada, who are also dismayed at the direction our country is moving, and they will turn out in the highest numbers seen in recent history to join me at the polling booth.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Catsumi wrote:Being white (haired, too), retired and basically broken hearted politically (every elected leader has been a disappointment, (provincially, city,and federally). I had become apathetic and didn't bother voting. That was UNTIL I joined Castanet and read the posts supporting policies and events that I'd consider disgraceful or criminal: $10.5M; a leader that has broken election promises consistently; terrorist support; the Injustice System; overspending on a grand scale; flipping off our Vets; non support for local/global economic endeavours (pipeline) .....that has changed my mind.

Now I read that because of my age, my life experiences and garnered wisdom (!!) my vote should be counteracted and actively nullified by the Left, JUST because the Libs fear of losing power.

NOW I WILL BE SURE TO VOTE.

There are many other baby boomers who worked hard, contributed much to the economy of Canada, who are also dismayed at the direction our country is moving, and they will turn out in the highest numbers seen in recent history to join me at the polling booth.

Here, here.... :130:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Catsumi wrote: There are many other baby boomers who worked hard, contributed much to the economy of Canada, who are also dismayed at the direction our country is moving, and they will turn out in the highest numbers seen in recent history to join me at the polling booth.

I know I'll be there, as I always have (despite often having sadly to hold my nose while voting for the least worst option). The best case scenario (in my view) would be to have increased participation by all groups, but especially by the young as it seems they are so far under-represented. We should not simply assume they will vote Liberal just because they are younger.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Ka-El wrote:The truth of the matter is, if young people don’t get out and become part of the election process then old white people will decide the election. I really don’t think this is some kind of secret no one has figured out yet, and if relaying this truth to an audience of young people is bizarre and disturbing – well, maybe to the old white people who will lose some of their influence in electing governments that are supposedly supposed to represent the interests of everyone, although I’m an old white people and I certainly don’t feel threatened by the idea of more people voting. I’m certainly no Wynne fan (I’m hoping Ford wins for the entertainment value alone), but this criticism seems somewhat desperate at best. I do want to see young people becoming more involved in these elections because it is going to be their world next.

I'm not old like you, but I do support everyone voting. I always encourage everyone to vote, including young people, even I know they are going to waste it on trash like the NDP or Green Party. What I would never do is an "us vs them" reason to vote or use racist terms like the disgusting Wynne did in her speech. I honestly can't believe you are ok with what she was saying (and if I didn't know you better I'd consider your view kind of partisan in nature) as it is horribly racist.

Imagine if she'd said "get out and vote or Sikhs are going to decide this election" or "the old Jews in Toronto are going to decide this election" or "those LGTBQ people are going to decide this election". All of those statements are equally as awful and disgusting and divisive as what Wynne said to those young people about "old white people". She's teaching them it's ok to hate what is different from them. And that's just wrong. She should be resigning, effective immediately.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Ka-El wrote: The truth of the matter is, if young people don’t get out and become part of the election process then old white people will decide the election. I really don’t think this is some kind of secret no one has figured out yet, and if relaying this truth to an audience of young people is bizarre and disturbing – well, maybe to the old white people who will lose some of their influence in electing governments that are supposedly supposed to represent the interests of everyone, although I’m an old white people and I certainly don’t feel threatened by the idea of more people voting. I’m certainly no Wynne fan (I’m hoping Ford wins for the entertainment value alone), but this criticism seems somewhat desperate at best. I do want to see young people becoming more involved in these elections because it is going to be their world next.

I'm not old like you, but I do support everyone voting. I always encourage everyone to vote, including young people, even I know they are going to waste it on trash like the NDP or Green Party. What I would never do is an "us vs them" reason to vote or use racist terms like the disgusting Wynne did in her speech. I honestly can't believe you are ok with what she was saying (and if I didn't know you better I'd consider your view kind of partisan in nature) as it is horribly racist.

So, even though I know you must have at least glanced at this post before your response, …

Ka-El wrote: I know I'll be there, as I always have (despite often having sadly to hold my nose while voting for the least worst option). The best case scenario (in my view) would be to have increased participation by all groups, but especially by the young as it seems they are so far under-represented. We should not simply assume they will vote Liberal just because they are younger.

… but went ahead with your partisan implications nonsense anyway. I’m not okay with what windbag Wynne said, and I’m certainly not okay with the agenda of divisiveness (including inappropriate use of the language), but for the right to come on here and spew their faux outrage and hyperbole (like no conservative ever behaved in such a fashion) is clear hypocrisy. I have no skin in the game in the Ontario election. I want to see Ford win (just for the potential entertainment value). As far as our next election federally? I am far from decided. Give it up trying to peg me. I’d ask you to convince me to vote Conservative. I’ve done it before – but it will take more than just Trudeau-bashing, Liberal-bashing or some other form of hyperbole to do it.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ka-El wrote:… but went ahead with your partisan implications nonsense anyway. I’m not okay with what windbag Wynne said, and I’m certainly not okay with the agenda of divisiveness (including inappropriate use of the language),

Ok...so that's where you could have stopped, to keep up the pretense of non-partisanship...but....oh well...

but for the right to come on here and spew their faux outrage and hyperbole (like no conservative ever behaved in such a fashion) is clear hypocrisy.

Faux outrage at blatant racism? What the hell does this even mean? This is just seems like a comment for the sake of making a comment to try and sound intelligent, and coming off as sounding...well..kind of stupid. Who is the "right" here exactly, and why is it "hypocritical" to call a racist a racist, like Wynne?

I’d ask you to convince me to vote Conservative. I’ve done it before – but it will take more than just Trudeau-bashing, Liberal-bashing or some other form of hyperbole to do it.

You could ask me, but first you are assuming I give a crap who you vote for, and secondly, if you can't figure it out then that's your problem, not mine.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Ka-El wrote: I’d ask you to convince me to vote Conservative. I’ve done it before – but it will take more than just Trudeau-bashing, Liberal-bashing or some other form of hyperbole to do it.

You could ask me, but first you are assuming I give a crap who you vote for, and secondly, if you can't figure it out then that's your problem, not mine.

So, in other words, apart from the partisan rhetoric and hyperbole you haven't figured it out either, and given the reliance on the partisan rhetoric and hyperbole in your arguments, it seems unlikely you are inspired to give it much thought.

S'kay, I'm going to watch golf. It would be nice to respond to an actual argument other than "disgusting leftist nonsense", or the repeated “that’s what you are but what am I?” deflections, but I'm not expecting it.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 18th, 2018, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Violating member privacy is strictly prohibited and can result in the suspension of your account.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Wynne made it racist by saying old WHITE people, rather than just old people. She made it more than just an age issue. Old non-whites are great people, while older white people deserve anililation. The liberal party is the biggest bunch of racists ever.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ka-El wrote:So, in other words, apart from the partisan rhetoric and hyperbole you haven't figured it out either,

I'm just face-palming now. Have fun watching golf.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Better hope an old white guy doesn't win that golf tournament.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Gone_Fishin wrote:Better hope an old white guy doesn't win that golf tournament.

if he did there definitely would be faux outrage, followed by hyperbole and partisan rhetoric.

Return to “Canada”