Passenger rights bill reduces passenger rights

Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Passenger rights bill reduces passenger rights

Post by Merry »

The much vaunted passenger rights Bill actually takes away existing rights, as opposed to protecting passengers from Airline abuse. And to make matters worse, a man who is trying to make the Public aware of this fact has been blocked from posting on the Transportation Minister's Official Twitter Account. Apparently they don't appreciate his criticism of their new Bill, so freedom of speech goes "out the window".

Gabor Lukacs said the Liberal Government's Bill C49, the Transportation Modernization Act, would double Tarmac delays and scrap compensation requirements for flights affected by mechanical failures.

he's been blocked from the Official Twitter account of Transportation Minister Marc Garneau
THE CANADIAN PRESS

One has to wonder WHY, if the Libs think their Bill is satisfactory, they feel the need to try to muzzle it's opponents?

This isn't the first time the Libs have attempted to silence Canadians who disagree with them, but I suppose we shouldn't be surprised considering Trudeau's open admiration of the way they do things in China.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Passenger rights bill reduces passenger rights

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Yet another example of government getting involved and screwing everything up. This is why those who continually demand more government in our daily lives are complete idiots.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I approve of our Government making sure airlines that don't treat their customers fairly will face consequences. However, I disapprove of them PRETENDING to do so, when in actual fact they are doing the complete opposite. And attempting to silence those who criticize such behaviour is even more offensive.

The Trudeau Government is becoming more like Harper and his ilk with every passing day; willing to trample on democracy to stifle opposition to their political viewpoints.

Disgusting!
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Yet another example of government getting involved and screwing everything up. This is why those who continually demand more government in our daily lives are complete idiots.

Wise words indeed. We need less government, a lot less. Not more.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates

Return to “Canada”