Is Justin Trudeau’s Political Career In A Death Spiral?

Re: Is Justin Trudeau’s Political Career In A Death Spiral?

Postby The Green Barbarian » Apr 2nd, 2018, 8:23 am

JLives wrote:
This is why you're going to lose again. Maybe 8 people voted for him because of legalizing pot. It was only an issue for Conservatives. You're pulling a Hillary Clinton by calling the voters dumb. How did that work out?

Fine. Let's try again - I don't see where GF is calling voters "dumb", he's just pointing out that a likely strategy will be to wave a bong in front of voters to try and get them back. We'll see if it works.
How do you destroy a political party? Elect a part-time drama teacher as your leader because of his last name.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 18423 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Apr 2nd, 2018, 8:23 am

Jx3 wrote:
Substance? Oh the irony! [icon_lol2.gif]

Exactly. That comment about needing substance had me guffawing as well.
How do you destroy a political party? Elect a part-time drama teacher as your leader because of his last name.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Queen K » Apr 2nd, 2018, 8:31 am

Gone_Fishin wrote:
JLives wrote:The next election is a ways off yet. Just because a vocal minority and Russian bots are working overtime on their propaganda campaign does not mean Canadians aren't capable of policy discussions and forming informed opinions. Saying he has nice hair, is too focused on gender policy, takes too many vacations and wears costumes won't win elections in Canada. You need substance and a viable alternative. Because if that's all you have to b*tch about we're doing pretty good.

And when he legalizes pot, you'll forget all about his hair.

GF, just to be clear, you and I hate drugs in all forms. I am no more a pot smoker or in agreement to teens smoking it than you are. So please don't go there.

But When JT legalizes pot? Just like so many of the States South of the border? Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and others?

When he legalizes pot he will be deposing a major criminal element out of Canadian society.
Our legal system won't be overwhelmed by pot related charges.
He'll be opening the door further to the acceptance of cannabis treatments for so many horrible diseases we see today. And pain issues will be better dealt with via cannabis, I know many elderly people who have had good careers and lifetimes turning to cannabis treaments, my anti-pot mom included. Her back pain is now controlled. Anothers shingle nerve pain, not even controlled by 15 opioid meds per day is now down to three per day with the cannabis oil.

Legalizing pot is going to have dire problems in some ways, yes, what constitutes impaired driving and unwanted pot smells on properties (happening to me daily). But legalizing pot is not the demon here, it's drug dealers, the non taxable part of the pot and the tremendous resources used to chased down the growers, the cartels and the crime involved.
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.

3 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13984 posts

Postby Snman » Apr 2nd, 2018, 8:47 am

Bettyb wrote:We can only hope

Agreed. Let us pray.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates

Snman
Übergod

Liked in: 947 posts

Postby Catsumi » Apr 2nd, 2018, 10:05 am

After all the many threads discussing the poor decisions of this Bubblehead, how can anyone question that it is just sbout his hair, socks and dancing?

His eyes are bloodshot from squeezing out tears on demand.

Get rid of this jackazz!
Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX

Like a plague, JT must go!

7 people like this post.
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3412 posts

Postby generalposter » Apr 2nd, 2018, 2:06 pm

JLives wrote:
Gone_Fishin wrote:
And when he legalizes pot, you'll forget all about his hair.

This is why you're going to lose again. Maybe 8 people voted for him because of legalizing pot. It was only an issue for Conservatives. You're pulling a Hillary Clinton by calling the voters dumb. How did that work out?

Electoral reform which he based his platform on and lied through his teeth about was key in getting elected. The voters will not forget that lie. How’s that going to work out?
Someone has to say it.

generalposter
Board Meister

Liked in: 498 posts

Postby CapitalB » Apr 2nd, 2018, 2:10 pm

generalposter wrote:Electoral reform which he based his platform on and lied through his teeth about was key in getting elected. The voters will not forget that lie. How’s that going to work out?

That was what earned my vote last election and what likely lost it for the next. I say likely because I'd still rather have the liberals than the conservatives. They have 2-3 elections to go before I'll consider forgiving them for the harper era.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 555 posts

Postby generalposter » Apr 2nd, 2018, 3:23 pm

Trudeau’s going down faster than a cheap hooker on a twenty dollar bill.
Someone has to say it.

3 people like this post.
generalposter
Board Meister

Liked in: 498 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Apr 2nd, 2018, 3:25 pm

CapitalB wrote: They have 2-3 elections to go before I'll consider forgiving them for the harper era.

SInce I never had to forgive anyone for the Harper era (I quite liked it in fact) I will definitely be voting for Scheer next time. It will be a long time before I can forgive the Liberals for this insane debacle. If only they could get back to the golden days of Paul Martin.

3 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby hobbyguy » Apr 2nd, 2018, 7:29 pm

Actually, the electoral reform thing is complicated, but turned out to be one of the better decisions made. FPTP has served Canada very well, and continues to do so. Better to "wise up", admit the error, and stick with FPTP.

IF electoral reform is your main voting item, then stick to your guns and vote Green - they love PR - it would allow them permanently useless backbench jobs with nice pensions for doing nothing at all, accomplishing nothing.
Anyone but Scheer - career pols are know nothings.
hobbyguy
Guru

Liked in: 10180 posts

Postby GordonH » Apr 2nd, 2018, 7:34 pm

Politicians come, and politicians go... there is a never ending supply. Of course lately they appear to be bottom of the barrel dwellers.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

2 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8095 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby hobbyguy » Apr 2nd, 2018, 7:37 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
CapitalB wrote: They have 2-3 elections to go before I'll consider forgiving them for the harper era.

SInce I never had to forgive anyone for the Harper era (I quite liked it in fact) I will definitely be voting for Scheer next time. It will be a long time before I can forgive the Liberals for this insane debacle. If only they could get back to the golden days of Paul Martin.

Chretien and Martin took advantage of some relatively good economic times to keep taxes up while prosperity was growing. Certainly never lavished tax cuts on anyone that I can remember. I just wish more Canadians were willing to pay their fair share now, and reverse the $30 billion/year in tax cuts passed out in the last decade.

But first things first. Interest rates have to be normalized. I don't think that with the NAFTA uncertainty that will happen too fast - although there is plenty of room with where the loonie sits.

When the public has adjusted to normalized interest rates, then perhaps we can look at some minor tax increases to offset some of those ill advised cuts.
Anyone but Scheer - career pols are know nothings.
hobbyguy
Guru

Liked in: 10180 posts

Postby rustled » Apr 3rd, 2018, 6:43 am

hobbyguy wrote:Chretien and Martin took advantage of some relatively good economic times to keep taxes up while prosperity was growing. Certainly never lavished tax cuts on anyone that I can remember. I just wish more Canadians were willing to pay their fair share now, and reverse the $30 billion/year in tax cuts passed out in the last decade.

But first things first. Interest rates have to be normalized. I don't think that with the NAFTA uncertainty that will happen too fast - although there is plenty of room with where the loonie sits.

When the public has adjusted to normalized interest rates, then perhaps we can look at some minor tax increases to offset some of those ill advised cuts.

Humph.

I'd suggest most Canadians are quite willing to pay their fair share. I'd suggest most of us will continue to critique government's use of our fair share, which is as it should be.

I'd suggest many of us figure the government needs to get its spending priorities straight, just as our families must do: make the most of what we have, put the real needs of the nation before wants.

No one enjoys watching the "head" of the family waste our resources on frivolous nonsense while demanding we supply him with more. No one enjoys watching the "head" of the family encourage (and worse, create) division within the family instead of providing responsible leadership.

Fair share of taxes in return for good governance. With JT at the helm, and his government's shallow focus on grand but empty gestures and flowery promises and promoting an uber-PC image, plain old good governance is getting short shrift.

No surprise we collectively gripe about funding the frivolity.

SuperMom likes this post.
rustled
Guru

Liked in: 7424 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Apr 3rd, 2018, 7:09 am

hobbyguy wrote: I just wish more Canadians were willing to pay their fair share now, and reverse the $30 billion/year in tax cuts passed out in the last decade.

and I just wish politicians would allow people to make their own decisions with more of their money, and give us another $30 billion in tax cuts. And cut spending. That's not too much to ask.

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Catsumi » Apr 3rd, 2018, 9:02 pm

Andrew Coyne's column in the National Post was not complimentary of either Libs or Cons over the past 40 years. The comments that followed the article were absolutely scathing in assessment of JT's shenanigans and in particular, scattering our money willynilly. Not just the bloom is off the rose, so are the petals.

One commentor had a great idea: once elected, should the government exceed the budget by $20 Billion, that would result in an immediate election call.

Sure would make them mind that bottom line, yes?
Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX

Like a plague, JT must go!

3 people like this post.
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3412 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Canada