Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 35239
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by Glacier »

Well if it is something that we have all done then it is extremely hypocritical to throw someone out of the country for it. It could be any one of us who plowed into the bus. Rape on the other hand is an intentional act, so throw the book at them.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep
Posts: 32929
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 9:34 pm Well if it is something that we have all done then it is extremely hypocritical to throw someone out of the country for it. It could be any one of us who plowed into the bus. Rape on the other hand is something most people will never do, so throw the book at them.
Okay, killing almost an entire hockey team isn’t that bad. I will let you tell there loved ones that Glacier.
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister
Posts: 427
Joined: May 24th, 2010, 9:39 pm

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by two_shoes1mit »

The_quiet_one wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 6:58 pm I have gone through a red light.
I have gone through a stop sign.
I have turned down a one way the wrong way.
I was LUCKY I didn’t kill someone.
I am human. I make mistakes.
I am no different than him.
He should not be deported.
Did you do all of that in an eighteen wheeler? Hence the term............professional driver.
seewood
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4322
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by seewood »

Glacier wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 9:35 pm Well if it is something that we have all done then it is extremely hypocritical to throw someone out of the country for it. It could be any one of us who plowed into the bus.
Mr. Glacier, I myself have not blown a stop sign in an 18 wheeler and killed a bunch of young adults who now will never grow old and maimed countless others. Rolled through stop sign in a car when no traffic is about, yes, done that and also am a Canadian citizen.

I believe this fellow should be sent back, without a doubt. Will he?, unlikely.
This fellow was a menace behind the wheel of a truck as was the driver that passed another semi on Hwy 5A.
I think this would be a good precedent for other drivers out there that are not Canadian citizens who drive like fools and end up in an incident that kills people. I don't want more idiots in this country than we already have.
Just might smarten some drivers up if they are wondering to do something stupid behind the wheel.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
User avatar
The_quiet_one
Übergod
Posts: 1324
Joined: Jun 26th, 2021, 1:33 pm

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by The_quiet_one »

Glacier wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 9:34 pm Well if it is something that we have all done then it is extremely hypocritical to throw someone out of the country for it. It could be any one of us who plowed into the bus. Rape on the other hand is something most people will never do, so throw the book at them.
Yup. Exactly.
Mtn Biker
Übergod
Posts: 1023
Joined: Apr 11th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by Mtn Biker »

GordonH wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 6:51 pm
What distraction is so damn important that it trumps seeing a red flashing light and word STOP.
No he took a chance nobody was coming and he blew the STOP sign.
Have you driven that stretch of road? Have you driven in rural Sask? If not, you have no idea how easy it is. You are absolutely wrong as to what happen. Why don't you do some research and review the comments made by parents of the victims as to what this man did after the tragedy. He stood up and took responsibility and showed a level of remorse and accountability that I frankly feel you could never dig up. But hate on if it floats your boat.
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister
Posts: 427
Joined: May 24th, 2010, 9:39 pm

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by two_shoes1mit »

Mtn Biker wrote: Dec 7th, 2021, 8:36 am
GordonH wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 6:51 pm
What distraction is so damn important that it trumps seeing a red flashing light and word STOP.
No he took a chance nobody was coming and he blew the STOP sign.
Have you driven that stretch of road? Have you driven in rural Sask? If not, you have no idea how easy it is. You are absolutely wrong as to what happen. Why don't you do some research and review the comments made by parents of the victims as to what this man did after the tragedy. He stood up and took responsibility and showed a level of remorse and accountability that I frankly feel you could never dig up. But hate on if it floats your boat.
I haven't driven that stretch of road, but have driven in rural Sask. So your saying it is EASY to glow a stop sign and kill and maim young fellas who just wanted to play hockey. Sure he stood up and took reaponsibility and showed remorse - what other choice did he have? This isn't about hate, its about a justice system that doesn't continually get bent out of shape. If this fellow truly wanted to show remorse and accountability he would voluntarily pack his bags and move back to his homeland. Why should he feel entitled to a better life?
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 35239
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by Glacier »

GordonH wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 9:37 pm Okay, killing almost an entire hockey team isn’t that bad. I will let you tell there loved ones that Glacier.
It is terrible. And the guy should get the full extent of the law just as you and I would if we caused this accident.

But the reason we deport people is because of the risk to re-offend. Anyone who intentionally murders someone should be kicked out, but I'm okay with letting them stay if it were criminal negligence.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Mtn Biker
Übergod
Posts: 1023
Joined: Apr 11th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by Mtn Biker »

two_shoes1mit wrote: Dec 7th, 2021, 8:51 am
I haven't driven that stretch of road, but have driven in rural Sask. So your saying it is EASY to glow a stop sign and kill and maim young fellas who just wanted to play hockey. Sure he stood up and took reaponsibility and showed remorse - what other choice did he have? This isn't about hate, its about a justice system that doesn't continually get bent out of shape. If this fellow truly wanted to show remorse and accountability he would voluntarily pack his bags and move back to his homeland. Why should he feel entitled to a better life?
Ok, wrong you are too. First, go read some of the evidence revealed at trial, and you will learn how easy it is to miss a stop sign like that one at the intersection. Your last sentence speaks to your truth. I wonder what you would be saying if this was a white man, say from England? His homeland, so you are saying anyone not born of this country, cannot call this their country or homeland? Wow, how do you spell judgmental? I say, to judge, is a mental deficiency.
User avatar
mexi cali
Guru
Posts: 9187
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 2:48 pm

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by mexi cali »

Mtn Biker wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 3:07 pm
two_shoes1mit wrote: Dec 6th, 2021, 2:54 pm
Firstly, I would not run the stop sign, ample warning a stop was ahead. What's wrong with him being deported, he has the rest of his life ahead of him, unlike the victims. In this particular circumstance, how could he not show remorse, and where exactly would he run and hide. I feel unless all parents of the victims involved agree not to deport, then there is a chance of him staying in Canada.
Firstly, he did not run the stop, he failed to stop because of a distraction that caused him to not see the ONE and only stop sign. Second what's wrong with being deported is it sends the wrong message. How come all the Indo gangs of Vancouver don't get deported??? They are killing people. How come there are a least 15 accidents this morning on the snowy roads and why are people who can clearly not drive in the winter allowed to do so. Lastly, only a few of the parents are calling for deportation, most are willing to forgive and move on.
:up:

That thought has passed through my mind many times.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister
Posts: 427
Joined: May 24th, 2010, 9:39 pm

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by two_shoes1mit »

Mtn Biker wrote: Dec 7th, 2021, 9:11 am
two_shoes1mit wrote: Dec 7th, 2021, 8:51 am
I haven't driven that stretch of road, but have driven in rural Sask. So your saying it is EASY to glow a stop sign and kill and maim young fellas who just wanted to play hockey. Sure he stood up and took reaponsibility and showed remorse - what other choice did he have? This isn't about hate, its about a justice system that doesn't continually get bent out of shape. If this fellow truly wanted to show remorse and accountability he would voluntarily pack his bags and move back to his homeland. Why should he feel entitled to a better life?
Ok, wrong you are too. First, go read some of the evidence revealed at trial, and you will learn how easy it is to miss a stop sign like that one at the intersection. Your last sentence speaks to your truth. I wonder what you would be saying if this was a white man, say from England? His homeland, so you are saying anyone not born of this country, cannot call this their country or homeland? Wow, how do you spell judgmental? I say, to judge, is a mental deficiency.
Is everyone missing the stop sign? Likely NOT. Lets not bring racial tones into this, and refrain from name calling too. What did this man bring to, or contribute to this country? Unimaginal grief to many. I don't care what country he came from or what color he is. Our laws are our laws, case closed. But you know what? I am sure he will be allowed to stay with our sick justice system, and I feel very badly for the parents who lost children in this avoidable incident. Is he not one selfish individual to want to stay in this country after the grief he has caused?
User avatar
PoplarSoul
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2403
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2021, 12:27 pm

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by PoplarSoul »

two_shoes1mit wrote: Dec 7th, 2021, 8:51 am
Mtn Biker wrote: Dec 7th, 2021, 8:36 am Have you driven that stretch of road? Have you driven in rural Sask? If not, you have no idea how easy it is. You are absolutely wrong as to what happen. Why don't you do some research and review the comments made by parents of the victims as to what this man did after the tragedy. He stood up and took responsibility and showed a level of remorse and accountability that I frankly feel you could never dig up. But hate on if it floats your boat.
I haven't driven that stretch of road, but have driven in rural Sask. So your saying it is EASY to glow a stop sign and kill and maim young fellas who just wanted to play hockey. Sure he stood up and took reaponsibility and showed remorse - what other choice did he have? This isn't about hate, its about a justice system that doesn't continually get bent out of shape. If this fellow truly wanted to show remorse and accountability he would voluntarily pack his bags and move back to his homeland. Why should he feel entitled to a better life?
What does this have to do with hockey?
A life is a life.
What does his country of origin has to do with this?
Motor vehicle accidents happen every day.
Are we sending everyone back to their home country?
People may think sending him back to India will make his life miserable.
It will not.
It will only make those who wish him to leave Canada feel better.
"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance."
Alan Watts
Mtn Biker
Übergod
Posts: 1023
Joined: Apr 11th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by Mtn Biker »

two_shoes1mit wrote: Dec 7th, 2021, 9:20 am
Is everyone missing the stop sign? Likely NOT. Lets not bring racial tones into this, and refrain from name calling too. What did this man bring to, or contribute to this country? Unimaginal grief to many. I don't care what country he came from or what color he is. Our laws are our laws, case closed. But you know what? I am sure he will be allowed to stay with our sick justice system, and I feel very badly for the parents who lost children in this avoidable incident. Is he not one selfish individual to want to stay in this country after the grief he has caused?
Wow, I don't know what to say. You brought "his country" into this. Unimaginable grief... happens everyday in many lives. Like the COVID situation we are in. Hypocrisy runs amuck in this thread and frankly speaks to the mentality of hate and finger pointing that is plaguing our country. Our justice system is sick, because our Country is full of sick people running it. To follow you ideology, would you say then all the residential schools is too bad so sad, just move on folks? I mean our government created unimaginable grief for 150 years, should we deporting them too.
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister
Posts: 427
Joined: May 24th, 2010, 9:39 pm

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by two_shoes1mit »

PoplarSoul wrote: Dec 7th, 2021, 9:37 am
two_shoes1mit wrote: Dec 7th, 2021, 8:51 am
What does this have to do with hockey?
A life is a life.
What does his country of origin has to do with this?
Motor vehicle accidents happen every day.
Are we sending everyone back to their home country?
People may think sending him back to India will make his life miserable.
It will not.
It will only make those who wish him to leave Canada feel better.
In case you missed the story, this bus was carrying a hockey team.
What do you mean? A life is a life????
16 people died and 13 were injured in this tragedy. This iwasn't a motor vehicle
accident where one person died, it was a commercial vehicle that was grossly negligent causing multiply deaths and injury.
Take a look at this, I think you may have missed it:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatch ... -1.4609856

What does is country of origin have to do with this:
Permanent residents such as Sidhu cannot remain in the country if they commit a crime for which the maximum sentence is at least 10 years or their jail sentence is more than six months.
Thats the law, and that's why he should go. If him leaving Canada makes some people feel better - why shouldn't they have the option to feel better?
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister
Posts: 427
Joined: May 24th, 2010, 9:39 pm

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by two_shoes1mit »

Mtn Biker wrote: Dec 7th, 2021, 9:46 am
two_shoes1mit wrote: Dec 7th, 2021, 9:20 am
Is everyone missing the stop sign? Likely NOT. Lets not bring racial tones into this, and refrain from name calling too. What did this man bring to, or contribute to this country? Unimaginal grief to many. I don't care what country he came from or what color he is. Our laws are our laws, case closed. But you know what? I am sure he will be allowed to stay with our sick justice system, and I feel very badly for the parents who lost children in this avoidable incident. Is he not one selfish individual to want to stay in this country after the grief he has caused?
Wow, I don't know what to say. You brought "his country" into this. Unimaginable grief... happens everyday in many lives. Like the COVID situation we are in. Hypocrisy runs amuck in this thread and frankly speaks to the mentality of hate and finger pointing that is plaguing our country. Our justice system is sick, because our Country is full of sick people running it. To follow you ideology, would you say then all the residential schools is too bad so sad, just move on folks? I mean our government created unimaginable grief for 150 years, should we deporting them too.
Mtn Biker..................are you running out of steam? You seem to be jumping all over the place. Go find your appropriate threads.

Return to “Canada”