Sask. Bus Accident

User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 62903
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Post by Fancy »

WalterWhite wrote:I'm quite certain, as was the court, there was zero intent on this man's part to in any way inflict the trauma that occurred. Some would do themselves, and the system as a whole, a lot of good by focusing their anger and resentment at said system rather than the person affected by it, if they feel it has not performed fairly.

I've been following this thread from the beginning and it's been pretty evident in the news and from those involved there was zero intent as you say.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 28231
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Post by the truth »

it was just a matter of time ,before he killed someone sad thing is he killed 16 too many
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 62903
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Post by Fancy »

Better and longer training, attention to details (i.e. making sure the tarp was strapped securely), familiarity with the roads and staying aware of his surroundings would have made a difference.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 62903
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Alien Head Dude
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14792
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Post by Alien Head Dude »

Truck driver likely to face deportation: lawyer

An immigration lawyer says the truck driver who caused the deadly Humboldt Broncos bus crash in Saskatchewan is likely to be deported to India right after he serves his sentence.

Lorne Waldman, who is based in Toronto and is not involved in the case, says there's little 30-year-old Jaskirat Singh Sidhu can do to remain in Canada.

Waldman says permanent residents such as Sidhu cannot remain in the country if they commit a crime for which the maximum sentence is at least 10 years or their jail sentence is more than six months.

And he says that with a term of more than six months, there's no right to appeal a deportation order.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/tr ... &ocid=iehp
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 62903
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Post by Fancy »

There was no doubt he'd be deported the second he got charged because the likelihood of him receiving more than 6 months was a given.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14241
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Post by OKkayak »

the truth wrote:did he not have about 50 or so infractions in 2 weeks leading up to this accident

As has been explained to you before, that doesn't mean anything if there is A) no enforcement and B) lack of proper training and education, one may not know if one is in violation of the NSC or not. This is a major issue in this country and it has know been put into the spotlight and hopefully, things will change in the industry.
the truth wrote:he knew he should not of been driving,

This is 100% speculation on your part with zero evidence, period. Your consistent nagging on and on with your fantasy views and fact less drivel won't change that.
the truth wrote:he murdered these soles

No, he didn't. He messed up and now he's being punished for his mistakes. Thankfully, this tragedy may bring some major changes to our roads to keep us all safe.
dle
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3328
Joined: Nov 14th, 2005, 12:29 pm

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Post by dle »

oldtrucker wrote:
dle wrote:You are hired!


Okay.
This applies to marine, air and ground.
No one shall act as captain of any machine with a engine if they
-have not received proper training/licence to operate the machine.
-have worked over 50 hours in the past 7 days.
-have worked over 12 hours in a 24 hour period.

Piece work payment is no longer allowed.
Employees to be paid by the hour plus overtime(just like everyone else in Canada).

Done.



Agreed :up: ! You are going to be very busy in your new job slapping all these industries into tip-top shape!
User avatar
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10911
Joined: Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:48 am

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Post by Hurtlander »

Does anyone else besides me, feel that there might be some people here who believe the truck driver should’ve received the harshest punishment imaginable because the truck driver was a new Canadian whose ethnic heritage was something other than blond haired blue eyed European.
Keep on Truckin
Jonrox
Guru
Posts: 8236
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010, 2:09 pm

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Post by Jonrox »

There’s one or two, but probably only one person who wouldn’t have made a single comment in this thread if the driver didn’t have brown skin. But that obviously shouldn’t factor in the slightest way as to the sentence given.
my5cents
Guru
Posts: 6810
Joined: Nov 14th, 2009, 2:22 pm

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Post by my5cents »

Well, apparently he received the harshest sentence for a non-impaired Dangerous Driving charge, ever.

He's going to get kicked from Canada, the question is when.

When the full sentence, incarceration, plus parole, plus statutory release is over ? Or once he's granted parole or statutory release.

Yes, he's in a cell, getting 3 squares, medical, laundry etc. As soon as he's completed his sentence (whatever the definition of that is) he will be back in India, not being a threat to anyone on a Canadian road, again.

It costs around $100,000 a year to keep a prisoner in jail. I'd hope the minute he get any type of release, bye bye..
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
dle
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3328
Joined: Nov 14th, 2005, 12:29 pm

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Post by dle »

my5cents wrote:Well, apparently he received the harshest sentence for a non-impaired Dangerous Driving charge, ever.

He's going to get kicked from Canada, the question is when.

When the full sentence, incarceration, plus parole, plus statutory release is over ? Or once he's granted parole or statutory release.

Yes, he's in a cell, getting 3 squares, medical, laundry etc. As soon as he's completed his sentence (whatever the definition of that is) he will be back in India, not being a threat to anyone on a Canadian road, again.

It costs around $100,000 a year to keep a prisoner in jail. I'd hope the minute he get any type of release, bye bye..


I think you are forgetting all the home-grown drivers who have proven to be "threats" on our Canadian roads. You might be surprised to hear that this fellow wasn't the first truck driver to cause an accident here and he won't be the last! There are a lot of very good, professional truckers on the roads but there are a lot of really bad truckers out there too, who are either lacking training, pushing the envelope whatever the reason. I'm sure at one point or another we've all witnessed that.
one wheel
Übergod
Posts: 1114
Joined: Dec 9th, 2017, 9:38 pm

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Post by one wheel »

I've missed how this talk got started as to having him deported or why ? What good will it do or accomplish ?


If he somehow got a drivers licence for a Class 1 & wasn't qualified who is at fault for that ?
Our Federal & Provincial Governments allow this to happen & IMO don't want it to change ? But since this accident occurred everyone is pointing fingers & trying to tell us big changes are on the way ?

Stop allowing unqualified people to drive anything in all of Canada.
User avatar
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14241
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Post by OKkayak »

one wheel wrote:I've missed how this talk got started as to having him deported or why ?

It's been in some of the news articles. If a sentence is of a certain length, then deportation is considered automatic once the sentence is carried out.

one wheel wrote:Stop allowing unqualified people to drive anything in all of Canada.

Our roads would be empty then :biggrin:

Seriously though, this is the issue. Training and licensing in this country is an absolute joke and needs to be revamped and taken much, much more seriously and made harder to receive a licence from Class 5 all the way to Class 1.
Last edited by OKkayak on Mar 23rd, 2019, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 847
Joined: Aug 17th, 2016, 10:02 am

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Post by Rider59 »

OKkayak wrote:Our roads would be empty then :biggrin:

Seriously though, this is the issue. Training and licensing in this country is an absolute joke and needs to be revamped and taken much, mucdh more seriously and made harder to receive a licence from Class 5 all the way to Class 1.



And increase the penalties for all infractions. Currently, there’s not nearly enough deferent to drive as safe as one can.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two

Return to “Canada”