Sask. Bus Accident

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Post by averagejoe »

my5cents wrote:
averagejoe wrote:Interesting analysis....

Thanks for sharing, averagejoe. Pretty clear, isn't it.

Thanks! It seems to cover all angles....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

A well explained method of accident analysis. My blood ran cold when he did the last set of calculations.

This should be a must watch for those who like to speed, roll through stop signs and not pay attention while driving. There is no such thing as a guardian angel sitting on anyones shoulders. :200:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

23 days since the collision and not a word from the investigators. Whose to say the surviving driver hasn't fled the country ? I hope they pulled his passport or immigration papers on day one to ensure he's around to answer some questions. I think the investigators are dragging their feet and it smells like a cover up. The fault might reaches places someone doesn't want to be revealed.
Someone has to say it.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

good point...................
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

generalposter wrote:23 days since the collision and not a word from the investigators. Whose to say the surviving driver hasn't fled the country ? I hope they pulled his passport or immigration papers on day one to ensure he's around to answer some questions. I think the investigators are dragging their feet and it smells like a cover up. The fault might reaches places someone doesn't want to be revealed.

The investigators, police & the Provincial Crown had better be doing their due diligence on this case.
Based on what was said & done with the numbers in the post averagejoe posted.
Truck driver is guilty of deaths & injuries to everyone on that bus, anything short of that impo would be pure BS.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

They will reveal what they choose to reveal and tell the public what they want the public to know.

Out of respect for the families that have been directly affected I would expect them to provide an update by now...'We are continuing the investigation and expect to make an announcement ____________ . We are working closely with the driver and the companies involved to bring this incident to a conclusion.

The Humboldt community ( and many Canadians) are growing uneasy with this wait.
Someone has to say it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

generalposter wrote:23 days since the collision and not a word from the investigators. Whose to say the surviving driver hasn't fled the country ? I hope they pulled his passport or immigration papers on day one to ensure he's around to answer some questions. I think the investigators are dragging their feet and it smells like a cover up. The fault might reaches places someone doesn't want to be revealed.

Did you not watch the press conference 10 days ago? I posted a link and the fact the driver was in regular contact with the RCMP.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

Found your link, thanks. I still feel they are being far too quiet. One of the biggest tragedies in recent history deserves more updates IMO. More information, more inclusion, especially for the families.
Someone has to say it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What's to be said if analysis isn't complete?
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

I can think of several things they could say to alieve any anxiety people might be feeling about the investigation. Perhaps you could too if you thought long and hard about it.

I will not be fielding any more questions regarding my opinion or engaging chronically argumentative people about some random outdated news release at this time. I reserve any more comment until I see fit. Please exit through the door on your right. Thank you.
Last edited by generalposter on Apr 29th, 2018, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someone has to say it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

generalposter wrote:I can think of several things they could say to alieve any anxiety people might be feeling about the investigation. Perhaps you could too if you thought long and hard about it.

I will not be fielding any more questions ...

My mistake on not quoting the original post but this was the text I responded to.

Considering you didn't watch the news conference I doubt there's really anything you could suggest that hasn't been touched on.
Fielding questions? I'm not a reporter and you should have known about the press conference.

generalposter wrote:I can think of several things they could say to alieve any anxiety people might be feeling about the investigation. Perhaps you could too if you thought long and hard about it.

I will not be fielding any more questions regarding my opinion or engaging chronically argumentative people about some random outdated news release at this time. I reserve any more comment until I see fit. Please exit through the door on your right. Thank you.

As for the "some random outdated news release" - it was hardly "random" - it was a press conference that you should have been aware of prior to posting what you did - it's that simple.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Fancy wrote:What's to be said if analysis isn't complete?

I agree. The police have conducted the scene investigation, the facts gathered have been sent to California for further analysis, as likely have the modules from the vehicles.

We are only 10 days post collision folks.

Also the real resolution, no matter the outcome of the investigation is the court process which will be, what ? a year or more away minimum ?

The question of the civil process is also still up in the air. I'm sure the insurance policy of the trucking company will be drained dry and the company will be dissolved (likely already). With the large amount of donations I don't know how the civil process with adjudicate settlement, if it is even worth while going after the company.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

my5cents wrote:I agree. The police have conducted the scene investigation, the facts gathered have been sent to California for further analysis, as likely have the modules from the vehicles.

We are only 10 days post collision folks.

Also the real resolution, no matter the outcome of the investigation is the court process which will be, what ? a year or more away minimum ?

The question of the civil process is also still up in the air. I'm sure the insurance policy of the trucking company will be drained dry and the company will be dissolved (likely already). With the large amount of donations I don't know how the civil process with adjudicate settlement, if it is even worth while going after the company.

Try 24 days.
Someone has to say it.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

my5cents wrote:We are only 10 days post collision folks

You mean 24 days, right? 30 - 6 = 24
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I agree with last 2 posters:
Accident happen April 6th, today is April 30th = will be 24 days at around 4pm local time
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Canada”