Sask. Bus Accident

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Postby burnedatstake » Aug 14th, 2018, 4:07 pm

the truth wrote:seems to me the owner should also do some jail time........

why? if that was the case id love to see the owner of mt polly behind bars. or the owner of the mill explosions behind bars as well. it doesnt happen because of "capitalism". and just because its an east indian scrimping every penny - doesnt mean all the sudden there should be heads on stakes.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 492 posts

Postby GordonH » Aug 14th, 2018, 4:24 pm

I'm hoping the justice system surprises me with a verdict that the families can accept as true justice, for their lost loved ones.
I know I'm hoping for to much here, knowing the way justice system works in Canada.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8928 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby the truth » Nov 9th, 2018, 11:34 am

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#241533 on and on it goes, lock him up already
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7632 posts

Postby the truth » Dec 3rd, 2018, 9:26 am

to little to late https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#243512 but better late then never i guess .this should have been done twenty years ago :swear: god knows the bc class 1 drivers should have to take this course too
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby mexi cali » Dec 4th, 2018, 9:18 am

This may be repetitive but I'll post it anyway. I spoke with a truck driver recently who has driven that piece of road many times over the years. He knows the intersection well and in his opinion, the incident should never have occurred.

He went on to say that there is plenty of visibility going both ways, on both roads and he can't understand why the bus driver didn't see the rig as in his opinion, it would be pretty hard not to.

He speculates that the bus driver may have been distracted at the worst possible moment. His thought, not mine because I have no personal knowledge of the area.

I would say that after seeing the area from the overhead view, it does seem implausible that neither one saw the other unless there were extenuating factors.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 4260 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 12th, 2018, 5:37 pm

impo the trees are not the actual issue, All drivers must know that Stop means f :cuss: ing that.
There is warning sign a ways back of the Stop sign plus at the stop sign is flashing red light.
Only a complete *bleep* would take the chance, no traffic is coming from the south.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/24 ... block-view

On the prairies farmers use trees to help block blowing snow from pounding there homes & other buildings.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence

5 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby Ken7 » Jan 8th, 2019, 8:54 am

The accused entered a plea this morning, guilty of all charges. I'm glad the families did not have to sit through the trial.

It is a no win case for anyone as no matter what his sentence the damages can not be made better.

dirtybiker likes this post.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 3088 posts

Postby Fancy » Jan 8th, 2019, 8:55 am

The driver of a transport truck involved in a deadly crash with the Humboldt Broncos junior hockey team's bus has pleaded guilty to all charges against him.

Jaskirat Singh Sidhu appeared in a court in Melfort, Sask., on Tuesday.

Sixteen people lost their lives and 13 players were injured when Sidhu's semi-unit loaded with peat moss and the Broncos bus collided in rural Saskatchewan last April.

Sidhu was charged with 16 counts of dangerous driving causing death and 13 charges of dangerous driving causing bodily harm.

The Broncos were on their way to a playoff game in the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League when their bus and Sidhu's rig collided not far from Tisdale, Sask.

"I plead guilty, your honour," said Sidhu, who was wearing a black suit with white dress shirt and tie.

The Crown said it might need up to five days for sentencing. The case was adjourned until Jan. 28.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#246211
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7596 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 8th, 2019, 9:09 am

Evidence against him was overwhelming, fighting the charges impo would be futile on his part.

Added later: whatever the sentence is he should waive any rights to early parole.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby Gixxer » Jan 8th, 2019, 10:49 am

GordonH wrote:Evidence against him was overwhelming, fighting the charges impo would be futile on his part.

Added later: whatever the sentence is he should waive any rights to early parole.

Why would he do that?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1679 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 8th, 2019, 10:51 am

so the real question now is, how much little time will he get for murdering 16 people :swear:

my5cents likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby Gixxer » Jan 8th, 2019, 11:06 am

Under 2 years
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1679 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 8th, 2019, 11:10 am

Gixxer wrote:Under 2 years
i think that would mean he's out in about 16 months , so that would make it 1 month per
dead victim, :200: :swear:
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby RupertBear » Jan 8th, 2019, 11:22 am

the truth wrote:so the real question now is, how much little time will he get for murdering 16 people :swear:

He wasn't charged with murder, he was charged with dangerous driving causing death. In Canada, that carries a maximum penalty of 14 years in prison.
I suspect he will be sentenced to concurrent terms -- not consecutive.
My guess is he will receive about five years total.
RupertBear
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 785 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 8th, 2019, 11:24 am

driving that semi when he was not trained properly to do so makes it murder in my books
the truth
Buddha of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Canada