Sask. Bus Accident

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Postby normaM » Jan 9th, 2019, 12:21 pm

I would hate being him.. reliving that over and over. I wonder what the sentence will be?
“This is an incredibly difficult case to deal with. There’s no good answer to the victims or their families. At the end of the day there’s a great big hole there and no court proceeding, no sentence, will ever change that,”
We make everything you need and you need everything we make.

2 people like this post.
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6491 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 9th, 2019, 12:26 pm

normaM wrote:I would hate being him.. reliving that over and over. I wonder what the sentence will be?
“This is an incredibly difficult case to deal with. There’s no good answer to the victims or their families. At the end of the day there’s a great big hole there and no court proceeding, no sentence, will ever change that,”

hate to be him, why what makes you people think he is even remorseful---because he said so--- he said so hoping this will get him less time that simple
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7856 posts

Postby OKkayak » Jan 9th, 2019, 12:34 pm

“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 5003 posts

Postby Symbonite » Jan 9th, 2019, 12:39 pm

whatever the case...they are sure taking their time on this...I think there is more to this like the driver of the bus.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 991 posts

Postby RupertBear » Jan 9th, 2019, 12:45 pm

the truth wrote:
normaM wrote:I would hate being him.. reliving that over and over. I wonder what the sentence will be?

hate to be him, why what makes you people think he is even remorseful---because he said so--- he said so hoping this will get him less time that simple

What makes you think he isn't remorseful. For goodness sake, he was an inexperienced driver who made a horrible, deadly mistake that he will be re-living and paying for, for the rest of his life.
To suggest he is only faking remorse to get a lower jail sentence is one of the most ignorant comments I've heard in a long time.

4 people like this post.
RupertBear
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 823 posts

Postby Ka-El » Jan 9th, 2019, 12:49 pm

Well, the maximum sentence for dangerous driving causing death is 14 years, and the maximum for dangerous driving causing bodily harm is 10 years. I personally think it is highly unlikely he will get anywhere near the maximum sentence though, and any sentence he does receive for each count will run concurrently I am sure. It is pretty clear this poor guys is as devastated as he claims, and it is not hard to imagine just how terrible he feels. Imagine yourself having to deal with knowing a moment’s carelessness on your part cost the lives of 16 young people and devastated the lives of so many others. He could have instructed his lawyer to plea bargain with Crown, or even to take it to trial, but for the sake of possibly providing some closure to the families he instructed his lawyer that he would take full responsibility for his mistake. As the one father said, no sentence will bring his son back, but because of the guilty plea there might one day be some discussion of forgiveness.
Damn autocorrect; I'm sick and tired of your shirt.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6881 posts

Postby gman313 » Jan 9th, 2019, 1:51 pm

the truth wrote: the end of the day there’s a great big hole there and no court proceeding, no sentence, will ever change that,”

hate to be him, why what makes you people think he is even remorseful---because he said so--- he said so hoping this will get him less time that simple[/quote]

that is an assumption. *removed*

any normal human of any descent would be absolutely horrified. This would ruin the average person's life as it did for the families of those injured / killed.
Last edited by ferri on Jan 9th, 2019, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic

4 people like this post.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1769 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 9th, 2019, 2:05 pm

As he said (truck driver) he didn't want to add to pain & suffering by having court case, so he pleaded guilty on all charges.
Because ultimately he knew what he had done was wrong. Now it's up to judge & crown to hand down the appropriate sentence.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence

gman313 likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9082 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby gman313 » Jan 9th, 2019, 2:16 pm

GordonH wrote:As he said (truck driver) he didn't want to add to pain & suffering by having court case, so he pleaded guilty on all charges.
Because ultimately he knew what he had done was wrong. Now it's up to judge & crown to hand down the appropriate sentence.

some can't / won't accept that. Unless he is hanging from a tree by the neck as judged by castanet forum people will not be satisfied.

2 people like this post.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1769 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 9th, 2019, 2:19 pm

GordonH wrote:As he said (truck driver) he didn't want to add to pain & suffering by having court case, so he pleaded guilty on all charges.

gman313 wrote:some can't / won't accept that. Unless he is hanging from a tree by the neck as judged by castanet forum people will not be satisfied.

I'm guilty of that myself, my loss was at the hands of drinking driver.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9082 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby averagejoe » Jan 9th, 2019, 2:33 pm

Gixxer wrote: Its bias and doesn't take into account road conditions or time of day.

The day was sunny and clear. The time of day had no affect from reports and truckers websites.....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.

2 people like this post.
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 3524 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 9th, 2019, 2:35 pm

averagejoe wrote:
Gixxer wrote: Its bias and doesn't take into account road conditions or time of day.

The day was sunny and clear. The time of day had no affect from reports and truckers websites.....

exactly............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby the truth » Jan 9th, 2019, 2:38 pm

[quoe="RupertBear"]
the truth wrote:

What makes you think he isn't remorseful. For goodness sake, he was an inexperienced driver who made a horrible, deadly mistake that he will be re-living and paying for, for the rest of his life.
To suggest he is only faking remorse to get a lower jail sentence is one of the most ignorant comments I've heard in a long time.[/quote]

so you know this guy personally --not--- you know for a fact he is not faking it--not--- a good lawyer would of told him to fake remorse, judges and the public eat that bs up
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby Ka-El » Jan 9th, 2019, 2:58 pm

the truth wrote:-- a good lawyer would of told him to fake remorse, judges and the public eat that bs up

A good lawyer would have advised plea- bargaining. Oh wait! He did, but his client insisted on taking full responsibilty for his carelessness. Maybe he's hoping for leniancy from the Judge, but his lawyer would have told him there's no guarantee of that. Without plea-bargaining he has thrown himself at the complete mercy of the Court, seemingly in the interest of not putting the families through any more grief. All people should be so accountable. What a sad story for all involved.
Damn autocorrect; I'm sick and tired of your shirt.

dirtybiker likes this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6881 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 9th, 2019, 3:05 pm

gman313 wrote:
the truth wrote: the end of the day there’s a great big hole there and no court proceeding, no sentence, will ever change that,”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this is not my quote get your lies straight ^^^^^^^^^^^^

that is an assumption. *removed*

any normal human of any descent would be absolutely horrified. This would ruin the average person's life as it did for the families of those injured / killed.[/quote]
the truth
Buddha of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Canada