Sask. Bus Accident

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

Postby the truth » Jan 9th, 2019, 3:08 pm

Ka-El wrote:
the truth wrote:-- a good lawyer would of told him to fake remorse, judges and the public eat that bs up

A good lawyer would have advised plea- bargaining. Oh wait! He did, but his client insisted on taking full responsibilty for his carelessness. Maybe he's hoping for leniancy from the Judge, but his lawyer would have told him there's no guarantee of that. Without plea-bargaining he has thrown himself at the complete mercy of the Court, seemingly in the interest of not putting the families through any more grief. All people should be so accountable. What a sad story for all involved.

or hoping to get less time, sad story for his victims, not him, he ran a stop sign and killed 16 people
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7299 posts

Postby OKkayak » Jan 9th, 2019, 3:10 pm

the truth wrote:so you know this guy personally --not--- you know for a fact he is not faking it--not-

Apparently you do :135:
the truth wrote: he said so hoping this will get him less time that simple
OKkayak
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 3064 posts

Postby Fancy » Jan 9th, 2019, 3:12 pm

Sad for the truck driver too and his family. A horrible horrible tragedy for everyone concerned. Maybe point fingers at the trucking company - aren't charges still pending?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

4 people like this post.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7557 posts

Postby gman313 » Jan 9th, 2019, 3:14 pm

Fancy wrote:Sad for the truck driver too and his family. A horrible horrible tragedy for everyone concerned. Maybe point fingers at the trucking company - aren't charges still pending?

yes charges still pending - against either the company or owner directly
gman313
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1642 posts

Postby OKkayak » Jan 9th, 2019, 3:18 pm

Fancy wrote:Sad for the truck driver too and his family. A horrible horrible tragedy for everyone concerned. Maybe point fingers at the trucking company - aren't charges still pending?

I'd take it farther and look at Federalizing the Commercial Driving Programs so its the same standard across the Country.

3 people like this post.
OKkayak
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Ka-El » Jan 9th, 2019, 4:26 pm

the truth wrote: or hoping to get less time, sad story for his victims, not him, he ran a stop sign and killed 16 people

:135: So what you're saying is that if in a moment of carelessness you killed someone (maybe didn't see a stop sign or slid on some ice?) we should have no concern for how you fell about it and just assume you have no remorse? Seriously, I bet you would have been all over the plea-bargaining thing in an attempt to do anything to save some of your butt.

3 people like this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6238 posts

Postby RupertBear » Jan 9th, 2019, 4:45 pm

the truth wrote:so you know this guy personally --not--- you know for a fact he is not faking it--not--- a good lawyer would of told him to fake remorse, judges and the public eat that bs up

No, I don't know him personally. Do you?
Earlier in this thread you stated he should be charged with murder. That means he hit the road that day intent on killing someone. You also claimed he is just faking remorse to get a lighter sentence. Care to enlighten us on how you came to these conclusions?
RupertBear
Board Meister

Liked in: 750 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 10th, 2019, 1:00 pm

Ka-El wrote:
the truth wrote: or hoping to get less time, sad story for his victims, not him, he ran a stop sign and killed 16 people

:135: So what you're saying is that if in a moment of carelessness you killed someone (maybe didn't see a stop sign or slid on some ice?) we should have no concern for how you fell about it and just assume you have no remorse? Seriously, I bet you would have been all over the plea-bargaining thing in an attempt to do anything to save some of your butt.

:topic: this story is not about me its about him killing 16 people, try not to feel to sorry for the families that lost a loved one
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby the truth » Jan 10th, 2019, 1:02 pm

RupertBear wrote:
the truth wrote:so you know this guy personally --not--- you know for a fact he is not faking it--not--- a good lawyer would of told him to fake remorse, judges and the public eat that bs up

No, I don't know him personally. Do you?
Earlier in this thread you stated he should be charged with murder. That means he hit the road that day intent on killing someone. You also claimed he is just faking remorse to get a lighter sentence. Care to enlighten us on how you came to these conclusions?

can you prove that , it was not his intention---no--- that's my point
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby Fancy » Jan 10th, 2019, 1:07 pm

the truth wrote:can you prove that , it was not his intention---no--- that's my point

Mmmm - you do know how that sounds? Don't think anyone involved believes it was his intention.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7557 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 10th, 2019, 1:09 pm

i ask the hard question...............
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby OKkayak » Jan 10th, 2019, 1:25 pm

the truth wrote:i ask the hard question...............

No, you didn't. You made a claim that you can't back up.

the truth wrote:]he said so hoping this will get him less time that simple
OKkayak
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby gman313 » Jan 10th, 2019, 5:28 pm

the truth wrote:i ask the hard question...............

no you didn't. you made a baseless claim

it's like a lawyer calling someone a rapist during a robbery trial. Now it's in the jurys head even though its not true lol
gman313
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1642 posts

Postby ferri » Jan 10th, 2019, 5:43 pm

:200: :topic: If you guys want to argue start a thread in Bickering please! Thank you.
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 10132 posts

Postby dirtybiker » Jan 10th, 2019, 6:01 pm

OKkayak wrote:
the truth wrote:driving that semi when he was not trained properly to do so makes it murder in my books

Then that would make Transport Canada the true "murderer". He had the required training, he was legal.

Bingo !!

How is one to know whether they have been trained properly or not ?

He aquired a licence, stamped by the Government.

The age old method of "you'll pick it up as you go" mentality of
most licencing programs.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 3682 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Canada