Page 20 of 43

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 3:08 pm
by the truth
Ka-El wrote:
the truth wrote:-- a good lawyer would of told him to fake remorse, judges and the public eat that bs up

A good lawyer would have advised plea- bargaining. Oh wait! He did, but his client insisted on taking full responsibilty for his carelessness. Maybe he's hoping for leniancy from the Judge, but his lawyer would have told him there's no guarantee of that. Without plea-bargaining he has thrown himself at the complete mercy of the Court, seemingly in the interest of not putting the families through any more grief. All people should be so accountable. What a sad story for all involved.


or hoping to get less time, sad story for his victims, not him, he ran a stop sign and killed 16 people

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 3:10 pm
by OKkayak
the truth wrote:so you know this guy personally --not--- you know for a fact he is not faking it--not-

Apparently you do :135:
the truth wrote: he said so hoping this will get him less time that simple

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 3:12 pm
by Fancy
Sad for the truck driver too and his family. A horrible horrible tragedy for everyone concerned. Maybe point fingers at the trucking company - aren't charges still pending?

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 3:14 pm
by gman313
Fancy wrote:Sad for the truck driver too and his family. A horrible horrible tragedy for everyone concerned. Maybe point fingers at the trucking company - aren't charges still pending?


yes charges still pending - against either the company or owner directly

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 3:18 pm
by OKkayak
Fancy wrote:Sad for the truck driver too and his family. A horrible horrible tragedy for everyone concerned. Maybe point fingers at the trucking company - aren't charges still pending?

I'd take it farther and look at Federalizing the Commercial Driving Programs so its the same standard across the Country.

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 4:26 pm
by Ka-El
the truth wrote: or hoping to get less time, sad story for his victims, not him, he ran a stop sign and killed 16 people

:135: So what you're saying is that if in a moment of carelessness you killed someone (maybe didn't see a stop sign or slid on some ice?) we should have no concern for how you fell about it and just assume you have no remorse? Seriously, I bet you would have been all over the plea-bargaining thing in an attempt to do anything to save some of your butt.

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 4:45 pm
by RupertBear
the truth wrote:so you know this guy personally --not--- you know for a fact he is not faking it--not--- a good lawyer would of told him to fake remorse, judges and the public eat that bs up


No, I don't know him personally. Do you?
Earlier in this thread you stated he should be charged with murder. That means he hit the road that day intent on killing someone. You also claimed he is just faking remorse to get a lighter sentence. Care to enlighten us on how you came to these conclusions?

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

PostPosted: Jan 10th, 2019, 1:00 pm
by the truth
Ka-El wrote:
the truth wrote: or hoping to get less time, sad story for his victims, not him, he ran a stop sign and killed 16 people

:135: So what you're saying is that if in a moment of carelessness you killed someone (maybe didn't see a stop sign or slid on some ice?) we should have no concern for how you fell about it and just assume you have no remorse? Seriously, I bet you would have been all over the plea-bargaining thing in an attempt to do anything to save some of your butt.


:topic: this story is not about me its about him killing 16 people, try not to feel to sorry for the families that lost a loved one

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

PostPosted: Jan 10th, 2019, 1:02 pm
by the truth
RupertBear wrote:
the truth wrote:so you know this guy personally --not--- you know for a fact he is not faking it--not--- a good lawyer would of told him to fake remorse, judges and the public eat that bs up


No, I don't know him personally. Do you?
Earlier in this thread you stated he should be charged with murder. That means he hit the road that day intent on killing someone. You also claimed he is just faking remorse to get a lighter sentence. Care to enlighten us on how you came to these conclusions?



can you prove that , it was not his intention---no--- that's my point

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

PostPosted: Jan 10th, 2019, 1:07 pm
by Fancy
the truth wrote:can you prove that , it was not his intention---no--- that's my point

Mmmm - you do know how that sounds? Don't think anyone involved believes it was his intention.

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

PostPosted: Jan 10th, 2019, 1:09 pm
by the truth
i ask the hard question...............

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

PostPosted: Jan 10th, 2019, 1:25 pm
by OKkayak
the truth wrote:i ask the hard question...............

No, you didn't. You made a claim that you can't back up.

the truth wrote:]he said so hoping this will get him less time that simple

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

PostPosted: Jan 10th, 2019, 5:28 pm
by gman313
the truth wrote:i ask the hard question...............


no you didn't. you made a baseless claim

it's like a lawyer calling someone a rapist during a robbery trial. Now it's in the jurys head even though its not true lol

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

PostPosted: Jan 10th, 2019, 5:43 pm
by ferri
:200: :topic: If you guys want to argue start a thread in Bickering please! Thank you.

Re: Sask. Bus Accident

PostPosted: Jan 10th, 2019, 6:01 pm
by dirtybiker
OKkayak wrote:
the truth wrote:driving that semi when he was not trained properly to do so makes it murder in my books

Then that would make Transport Canada the true "murderer". He had the required training, he was legal.


Bingo !!

How is one to know whether they have been trained properly or not ?

He aquired a licence, stamped by the Government.

The age old method of "you'll pick it up as you go" mentality of
most licencing programs.