Kicked Out Of Class

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Kicked Out Of Class

Post by Fancy »

Omnitheo wrote: I find it unfortunate though that a student was suspended from school because the jersey they wore wasn’t hockey related.
As I stated before, he could have easily added a pertinent name to his that others have done to make it evident there was no pretext. Having had issues with this student before raises a red flag.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Apr 13th, 2018, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

here"s the shirt in question. to me it just looks like a Unicef short sleeved shirt. nothing like what you would expect any kind of jersey to look like, which is probably why it was brought into question.
jersey_suspended.jpg.size-custom-crop.0x650.jpg
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It's a soccer jersey but zero indication it was in support of the victims.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

vinnied wrote:here"s the shirt in question. to me it just looks like a Unicef short sleeved shirt. nothing like what you would expect any kind of jersey to look like, which is probably why it was brought into question.

You don't follow Football/Soccer do you?

https://www.google.ca/search?tbm=isch&s ... -Da20RRnTA
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Fancy wrote:It's a soccer jersey but zero indication it was in support of the victims.

There was zero indication it wasn't either and doesn't really matter as it was only for 1 day.

Give him the benefit of the doubt.
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Hard to do when he's known not to abide by the uniform rules to start with. The upside is the school is going to do something collective.
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

Couldn't agree more BSuds. People need to lighten up . WTH. I couldn't care less if it's a hockey jersey or a Burmese smoking jacket. It's brightly coloured, definitely resembles a jersey and obviously conveys the intended meaning. Perhaps it was the best he could manage. History or no history, get over it. For anyone, including his school, to make a fuss over this is pathetic.
Someone has to say it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The school isn’t the one making a fuss. It followed protocol and it hasn’t been made apparent what transpired before. This is hindsight now and the school has acknowledged that they will do something the whole school can participate in. Certainly nothing pathetic here. I only hope the intentions were pure on the student’s part.
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

Protocol Smotocol. People need to lighten up. When a 14 year old boy makes headlines because of the pattern on his shirt and people think it's newsworthy I just shake my head.
Someone has to say it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I didn’t think it should have made the news. No one knows the complete back story.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

There is always another side of the story. First he has been doing this many time before but he thought he could skirt it because of the jersey day.

second he is wearing one ugly jersey...from a horrible crappy team...

third had to take a look at that tweet from the Nora Loreto....once i hit the word maleness which it was emphisised because it was said first of the 3...i was like FEMINIST left wing nutso...and thats dangerous and also for another topic.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Some clarification is needed ... my link was in response to a post in another thread but was moved here with a different heading.

As far as what the teen wore - it was a jersey plain and simple. Whether it was soccer, baseball, football, rugby or tennis doesn't really matter. There are a ton of boys and girls who don't play hockey, and to suspend them for wearing a jersey denoting a different sport is _________ (fill in the blank).

Did the teacher or principal ask the teen why he wore this particular jersey that day? I doubt there is a person in Canada who hadn't heard about "wear a jersey" day and the meaning behind it. IMHO, for the school to say the teen in question flaunted the dress code on previous occasions is BS plain and simple. It's called CYA.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Bsuds wrote:
vinnied wrote:here"s the shirt in question. to me it just looks like a Unicef short sleeved shirt. nothing like what you would expect any kind of jersey to look like, which is probably why it was brought into question.

You don't follow Football/Soccer do you?

https://www.google.ca/search?tbm=isch&s ... -Da20RRnTA

Lol no I don't actually.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Quebec school board expresses regret over suspending student on Jersey Day honouring Humboldt Broncos.

<snip> Nevertheless, he describes the event as regrettable and says the school would have acted differently had it been aware of Jersey Day.

“Had we known it was an event in all schools, we would have (participated) spontaneously,” Dufourd said in a phone interview Friday. <snip>

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... oncos.html

Aware of Jersey Day? Is he trying to say not one news broadcaster, sports channel or newspaper in Quebec mentioned Canadians donning jerseys to honour the Humboldt Broncos? Hmmm, Montreal Canadiens knew about it.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Canada”