PM Promises Pipeline

bob57

PM Promises Pipeline

Post by bob57 »

Goodbye Justin goodbye fame hope we never meet again.
Goodbye Justin it's been nice hope you find your paradise.
Tried to see your point of view
Hope your dreams will all come true.
Feel no sorrow, feel no shame
Next election, feel no pain.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Re: PM Promises Pipeline

Post by AlienSoldier »

What seems to be the problem? He’s balancing environmental concerns and the economy. The pipeline is there and the capacity is only increasing.

If you really want environmental changes, have the coal export shut down in BC.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

bob57 wrote:Goodbye Justin goodbye fame hope we never meet again.
Goodbye Justin it's been nice hope you find your paradise.
Tried to see your point of view
Hope your dreams will all come true.
Feel no sorrow, feel no shame
Next election, feel no pain.
Attachments
C3516A77-5202-4D4D-8C7A-73E48F673FC5.jpeg
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Perhaps what’s good for Alberta is also good for Canada, which is also good for BC. They’ve announced several federal investments into BC recently. Horgan is fighting a losing battle, which he is forced into by his constituents and the greens. He needs a way out that saves face and makes it not all in vain. We have legitimate concerns about the pipeline in BC, and Canada and Alberta need to address those concerns.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Next election the NDP will be happy just to be on a ballot.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Jimmy you’ve got plenty of threads to post that nonesense in. This is about the pipeline and Justin Trudeau’s promises to make it happen. Can we stick to the topic?

I’m wondering how the conservative castaneters feel about this, given that they hate the BC NDP, hate the AB NDP, hate the protesters, disregard the indigenous communities, support the big oil companies, and hate the Prime Minister.

Are you happy with Trudeau strong arming BC? Is this the right decision?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Well here's the thing, what other option is bob57 getting at?
Pipeline is a reality, BC NDP are on thin ice and their time is ticking.
Also what do you think is the intended point or purpose to this thread, as far as i'm concerned its just another one of those threads you speak of.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

The thread seems to be Anti-Trudeau, and disagrees with the strong-arming.

Canada is a bit different from the states. The areas where provinces maintain autonomy are less so than individual states, therefor in the event of a stalemate between provinces I agree that the federal government should be able to step in for what is best for Canada as a whole.

I can also empathize with BC’s concerns, and those of our indigenous communities though. I can see why it’s a tricky issue, and why it’s important that this is done right. Trudeau’s actions will undo a lot of the work he’s tried to do for Canada’s indigenous communities, and may very well cost him a lot of support from BC. He’s betting on supporters of the pipeline outweighing opponents, however most of those pipeline supporters were never Trudeau supporters in the first place.

I feel this is an example of the Prime Minister putting Canada’s interests first, even if it will cost him.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The government of Canada has jurisdiction over this issue. Period. They are well within their right to push this through, and in fact, I fully support the ability of a government to have the final say over private interest groups (PIGs). It's great that private or special interest groups get to have input. It's essential in fact, but at the end of the day, the federal government, seeing the big picture, has the final say.

They need to listen to all interested parties, but in the end they must decide what is in the "national interest" so that they don't cost the economy billions. If they try to appease all the special interest groups along the way instead of the big picture, you get what we have in BC with our highways growing through every single town, and this quite literally costing us hundreds of millions of dollars in lost productivity. Off the top of my head, Merritt is the only town in the BC interior with a proper highway bypass.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Agreed, though in regards to the interior highways, only higheay 5 bypasses Merrit in favour of the old 5a which still passes through town somewhat. However 97c and 8 also require going through town. On the other hand Kamloops has an expressway through town with highway 97, 5, and 1. It’s only as you get to the east side exiting town that you run into a few traffic lights. Also as 5 exits the freeway there are a few stops before it leaves city limits.

The Fraser valley and island have been much better about creating bypasses and expressways.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

So how much money are the 604 idiots going to cost the rest of us tax payers before they lose.
daveandanne
Übergod

Post by daveandanne »

Here we go again does anyone remember when the Government of Canada bought Petro Canada Gas to stop the monopolies from ripping us off? Then the later sold it back to The monopolies for half the price we paid for it?. So now we have the Feds and Alberta going to be partners with Trans Mountain and I give you one guess where they will get this money from. You guessed right if you said it was from all of our pockets, wallets and purses. If you said it was their own money then I have some swampland, I mean farmland in the Florida Bayou. I also wish to sell land on the Moon and Mars for future living. Very cheap too.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

By 604 you’re referring to the Fraser valley? I think your frustration is misplaced, as that is where most of BC’s revenue comes from (correct me if you have data otherwise) 250 is likely your bigger problem, as this also includes the islanders and other coastal residents who have the most concerns regarding potential ocean spills.

On the topic of the pipeline, I’ll say this is one time I wholeheartedly agree with Glacier.

I’m still curious, as glacier aside, what do the other conservatives on the forum think? Does this give you any respect for the Prime Minister? Is there a way to spin this against him? (We’ve already seen several of the more liberal posters outraged over the PM’s actions)
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote:
I’m still curious, as glacier aside, what do the other conservatives on the forum think? Does this give you any respect for the Prime Minister? Is there a way to spin this against him? (We’ve already seen several of the more liberal posters outraged over the PM’s actions)

I'll respect him when he finally gets this done. At least, I will respect the fact that he got it done.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Canada”