PM Promises Pipeline

Cactusflower
Banned

Re: PM Promises Pipeline

Post by Cactusflower »

hobbyguy wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:
There's a third option: Stop dragging your feet and ramp up the production of clean energy NOW. There's no excuse for building bitumen pipelines that will be obsolete before they're even paid for.....(by Canadian taxpayers, I might add).

Still flying to Mexico? or paddling a plastic kayak there?

The false promise of the LEAPers and ideologically constipated snobs in Green partry is that their vision i the only one. Idiots. They always says "green energy". Except it doesn't work, but their noses are so far stuck in their little green cult bibles that they refuse see it.

They fought site C. They fought Energy East. They fight nuclear reactors that are now safe. They offer nothing but bs for the average citizen as they rake in $100k plus salaries paid for by the Elon Musk's and George Soros's of the world.

Wind and solar and tidal don't work for average folks, they just make them poor. We can not afford $.45/kWh electricity.

So you have LEAPing Greens that have nothing to offer, and just obstruct what will work - things like site C renewable energy, things like gen II and gen III nuclear plants (China is building 60+ of them) and more hydroelectric power than you can shake a stick at. They don't have to put up with ignorant LEAPers and stupid Green obstructionists, so they move faster toward all EVs - because they will have affordable electricity.

https://instituteforenergyresearch.org/analysis/electricity-prices-south-australia-skyrocket/

Yup, that's what happens when you go wind and solar and tidal intermittent - energy poverty, jobs lost, businesses close.

When the LEAPing fools and Green ideologues have something to offer, they will be listened to. Right now they have nothing but the methane they themselves produce.

BC IS ramping up clean energy - we are building site C.

Why are you so interested in my travels, HG? Perhaps you're looking to hitch a ride? I believe the topic is "PM Promises Pipeline". That goofball makes all kinds of promises he can't (or won't) keep. This one will be no different.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Cactusflower, you're going to Mexico? Lucky girl. :smt045
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Snman wrote:Cactusflower, you're going to Mexico? Lucky girl. :smt045

But, is it hypocritical to be protesting pipelines, to be preaching that we’ve got to stop using fossil fuel, to suggest that everyone should be driving electric cars....and then relying on the burning of copious amounts of fossil fuel to fly south for the winter for recreational purposes ?
Whereas I proudly admit to helping keep the men and women earning a living off the oil patch so I can fly south for the winter.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Hurtlander wrote:
Snman wrote:Cactusflower, you're going to Mexico? Lucky girl. :smt045

But, is it hypocritical to be protesting pipelines, to be preaching that we’ve got to stop using fossil fuel, to suggest that everyone should be driving electric cars....and then relying on the burning of copious amounts of fossil fuel to fly south for the winter for recreational purposes ?
Whereas I proudly admit to helping keep the men and women earning a living off the oil patch so I can fly south for the winter.

I imagine many would say it is extremely hypocritical while others might argue that although they are opposed to the continued use of fossil fuels they are still forced by necessity to use them, in this case to fly south for the winter, as there are no alternatives to the current jet airliner. They would prefer an electric jet I imagine, if there were such a thing. They'd argue that they still have the right to go to Mexico or wherever though. I am not an opponent of the oil patch or pipelines myself, nor have I ever been to Mexico or gone south for the winter.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

You guys........honestly! See, this is how rumours get started and blown all out of proportion. I haven't been to Mexico for eight years, and it may be another eight before I'm able to go again. I won't tell you why because it's personal, and I don't blab personal info over the internet.

So HG, you can stop ass-u-me-ing that I'm some kind of 'green hypocrite' with scads of money that I get from some 'foreign anti-oil environmental groups' or pro-oil groups, whichever tickles your fancy on any given day. Same goes for Hurtlander and all the other :cuss: that troll these threads.

And Snman, you are a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.......or however that old saying goes. Let me guess. You're an Albertan living in B.C. just like so many other ex-oil-patch workers. You loathe Trudeau the younger for what you perceive to be the sins of his father. You don't like Notley either, only because she's NDP. You secretly hope that looney Kenney will win the next provincial election, and that he will really stick it to B.C. even worse than Notley's attempting to do. You feel a tad guilty every time you gang up with these other :cuss: against me, because you know deep down that I'm right to be fighting for the environment instead of the pipeline, and you know that I'm not a die-hard partisan like so many others on these Castanet public opinion forums. You think that if we ever actually met that you'd discover we have a lot in common.

The reason I'm saying all this? It's because I know It will likely all be removed for being off-topic, even though it's basically about Trudeau's promised pipeline.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4629814
So much for the popular myth that the business community is all pro-pipeline.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

"We recognize the energy sector has made a major contribution to our quality of life and to the Canadian economy," the letter read. "But now it is time to recognize that our choices around projects like this pipeline will have a resounding impact on our future.

"If this pipeline were to be built, it would lock in our dependence on fossil fuels for decades to come and remove any incentive to convert to renewable alternatives."

Guess what? We are going to be dependent on fossil fuels for decades to come, and our choices around projects like this pipeline will indeed have a resounding impact on our future. In fact, the use of fossil fuels will be critical if we really want to prepare for climate change. There is pressing need for building berms and storm breaks to protect coastal cities from significant weather events, and if accept the premise that urban traffic is one of the greatest emission contributors, then we also have to recognize the need for massive infrastructure development in public transportation. These projects will all require the use of fossil fuel. Tesla is a long way from building and selling electric earth-moving machines.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4629073
Excuses for continuing to push the bitumen pipeline:
1. Neither of those spills were bitumen.
2. Neither of those vessels were oil tankers.
3. Tankers have been plying these waters for years without incident.

Have I forgotten any other irrelevant excuses for promoting unacceptable risk to our environment?
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Cactusflower wrote:You guys........honestly! See, this is how rumours get started and blown all out of proportion. I haven't been to Mexico for eight years, and it may be another eight before I'm able to go again. I won't tell you why because it's personal, and I don't blab personal info over the internet.

So HG, you can stop ass-u-me-ing that I'm some kind of 'green hypocrite' with scads of money that I get from some 'foreign anti-oil environmental groups' or pro-oil groups, whichever tickles your fancy on any given day. Same goes for Hurtlander and all the other :cuss: that troll these threads.

And Snman, you are a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.......or however that old saying goes. Let me guess. You're an Albertan living in B.C. just like so many other ex-oil-patch workers. You loathe Trudeau the younger for what you perceive to be the sins of his father. You don't like Notley either, only because she's NDP. You secretly hope that looney Kenney will win the next provincial election, and that he will really stick it to B.C. even worse than Notley's attempting to do. You feel a tad guilty every time you gang up with these other :cuss: against me, because you know deep down that I'm right to be fighting for the environment instead of the pipeline, and you know that I'm not a die-hard partisan like so many others on these Castanet public opinion forums. You think that if we ever actually met that you'd discover we have a lot in common.

The reason I'm saying all this? It's because I know It will likely all be removed for being off-topic, even though it's basically about Trudeau's promised pipeline.

Perhaps there is a key.

ETA I don't know that you are right to be fighting for the environment as opposed to the pipeline but I do know you have the right to do so.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Snman wrote:
Perhaps there is a key.

ETA I don't know that you are right to be fighting for the environment as opposed to the pipeline but I do know you have the right to do so.

Thank you, Snman. That's what reasonable people expect from their detractors, not the juvenile name-calling we see here every day, especially on the B.C. thread.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Cactusflower wrote:You guys........honestly! See, this is how rumours get started and blown all out of proportion. I haven't been to Mexico for eight years, and it may be another eight before I'm able to go again. I won't tell you why because it's personal, and I don't blab personal info over the internet.

You started the rumour, if you didn’t want it to spread you should’ve kept your fingers off the keyboard.
Attachments
79501915-265C-4484-8779-D5893A894F4C.jpeg
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I believe she also talked about taking her new EV south but I haven't found it yet.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Hurtlander wrote:

You started the rumour, if you didn’t want it to spread you should’ve kept your fingers off the keyboard.

Yes, I used to travel to Mexico every winter, and I enjoyed every moment of it.But I'm unable to travel very far for the foreseeable future. My hope is that one day I'll be able to travel again.

I can just hear your next juvenile barbs:
1. Are you a mass-murderer who had to escape Mexico and are now serving time in a Canadian prison?
2. Did you get caught stealing a trinket from a Mexican vendor and are banned from that country?
3. Are you a terrorist that got caught with a bomb in your shoe on your last flight to Mexico?
4. Of course you can't travel to Mexico anymore. You drive an EV, and you refuse to travel by jet-fuelled aircraft.

Did I miss any?
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Smurf wrote:I believe she also talked about taking her new EV south but I haven't found it yet.

That is my plan, Snman, but for now it's only a dream. Wish me luck!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Ha, some people can only afford to travel to their backyard so don't sweat it. T2 seems to wish to make the PL his legacy. If he was so worried he should be in an office on the BC/AB border.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Canada”