Lordy, Conrad Black opines

d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Lordy, Conrad Black opines

Post by d0nb »

At least someone out there is still thinking.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/0421-ed-black

Truly is America, the greatest nation in history, with all its complexities and shortcomings, mocked by the shallow bias of its free press and the absurdity of public discourse.

Locally, Doug Ford, who will be premier of Ontario in less than two months unless the province has really been forsaken by God and man, is being demonized as a local Trump. (He performed a public service in not allowing the octogenarian “moonbeam” governor of California, Jerry Brown, to address the provincial legislature last week on the bunk about global warming, as we shivered without electricity in an April winter storm). We could do worse than Doug Ford, and recently have.

You’re a voice in the wilderness, Conrad; most of us have lost the ability to comprehend anything with more gravitas than The Daily Show. Nice try, though.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Lordy, Conrad Black opines

Post by normaM »

Guess he's still pizzed we removed him from the Order of Canada
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

d0nb wrote:You’re a voice in the wilderness, Conrad; most of us have lost the ability to comprehend anything with more gravitas than The Daily Show. Nice try, though.

I don't think comprehension of the article is the problem for "most of us".
I believe Conrad's assessment of Trump's accomplishments to be disingenuous.

Not to mention that to assess anything Trump has accomplished during his Presidency requires ignoring a culture of lying, cheating, misogyny, and general deceptiveness at a completely unacceptable level.

Really, partisan politics aside, if I agreed with every policy Trump ever floated I just could not support the leadership of such an immoral thug.

Don't know much about Doug Ford, hope his moral compass is trained in a more positive direction than that of Trump or his deceased brother?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

d0nb wrote:You’re a voice in the wilderness, Conrad; most of us have lost the ability to comprehend anything with more gravitas than The Daily Show. Nice try, though.

or even worse, that transplanted Canadian embarrassment, Samantha Bee, who in her desperate effort to find anything and everything to attack the Republicans for the benefit of the left, even disgustingly used a cancer survivor's hair cut for "comedy", mistaking him for a Neo-Nazi. It was just awful, but a prime example of how far these people are willing to go to sell a narrative for their hungry echo-chamber dwellers.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

Boda wrote:I don't think comprehension of the article is the problem for "most of us".
I believe Conrad's assessment of Trump's accomplishments to be disingenuous.

Declining reading comprehension skills are a fact and the popularity of trash TV as a primary source of news is just pathetic.

Not to mention that to assess anything Trump has accomplished during his Presidency requires ignoring a culture of lying, cheating, misogyny, and general deceptiveness at a completely unacceptable level.

A fair assessment requires nothing more than being objective in the face of the childish media smear campaign so many have been duped by. Trump has been an exceptionally effective leader for his country.

Really, partisan politics aside, if I agreed with every policy Trump ever floated I just could not support the leadership of such an immoral thug.

Hillary’s sick ‘Dirty Dossier’ and the gratuitously lascivious media narratives aside, Trump’s moral standards exceed those of many, if not most of his predecessors. JFK and some other members of the Kennedy clan make trump look like a boy scout.

Don't know much about Doug Ford, hope his moral compass is trained in a more positive direction than that of Trump or his deceased brother?

We don’t need any more deluded self-styled philosopher kings in office. We need results-oriented disruptors to mitigate the damage wrought by feckless, self-righteous twits like Trudeau, Obama, Wynne and their administrations. Fire up the Ford. :up:
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

On the subject of deceased brothers and morality, I wonder if Donald now wishes that he and his father had been gentler with Fred, or even more insistent that he change his ways.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/03/us/p ... ering.html

Return to “Canada”