Saskatchewan

Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Saskatchewan

Post by Omnitheo »

Driving through Canada, I tend to notice the state of the highways.

In BC if a road is in poor shape, they fix it, repave it. In Alberta if a road is in poor shape, they re-pave it and add an extra lane while they’re at it. In Saskatchewan if a road is in poor shape, they put up a sign saying “Caution Broken Pavement”
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

oldtrucker wrote:Just found a quarter section with buildings, 60 ac broken and in hay,98 acres forest,on a lake , 2 miles from pavement,30 miles from a 'small city'.
$160,000 asking but would take $130,000. Time to get out of this hyper-inflated, over populated hell hole.

Enjoy... 1 small suggestion, take at least 1 barrel (45 gallon) of bug repellent. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Then, dash outside, pick them up, add to the stirfry. :biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

LIKE a little grit in your fodder, OT?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

oldtrucker wrote:
Catsumi wrote:LIKE a little grit in your fodder, OT?

Next time I go out there I can shoot you 1 or 2 to put in your freezer for the winter if you LIKE.
I'll try to dig the 30-30 round out of it ,but I'm not cleaning/gutting it for you.

Just added a 30 30 to the collection today actually. God bless saskatchewan and winchester
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Oh, please do gut and clean, makes it so much quicker to stuff 'em with savouries, roasted,with black fly gravy, just the way you LIKE it done.

Scratch mine and I......

Unknown
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

oldtrucker wrote:Yes, the aurora viewing is incredible as 'ken7' mentioned. We only had two TV channels , so going out to look at the aurora was considered entertaining. That's sad. No, sometimes there is nothing to do out there and it gets mind numbing.
Cabin fever is as common as minus 30. Sometimes I felt that I may as well be on the surface of the moon- cuz it can be forced isolation from the extreme cold. Actually, come to think of it, it's forced isolation any time of year because it's...Saskatchewan.

Isolation equals lots of property and huge 'back yards'. In the east 'yard' I had a grass runway 150ft X 3400ft- which represented only a very small fraction of the total' yard space'. It didn't get used much, and it took up 13 acres- not enough land to merit a second thought. Only one place pretty much on the planet a person can have that much disposable space........ only in Saskatchewan.

Enough nice stuff-For the most part, the place is a desolate dive. There's a reason you hear that lots of people come from there but rarely the other way around. We used to call anyone that did move to the area a 'rookie', until they put in 5 years. I can't remember anyone making it beyond 'rookie'. That says a lot......-It's Saskatchewan.

You know CKBI?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

oldtrucker wrote:I wouldn't trade my education and experiences that I had for anything. Experiences that could have only been had in... Saskatchewan.

Yeah, all the good stuff is now considered illegal in Canada and would/could cause a very long stay at a federal penitentiary.
Just like sodium metal, gunpowder and white phosphorous. We knew all about those things here in BC as well.
Saskatchewan is nothing special.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Used to marvel at how I could pull up. Park rite at the old Hospital. Bring my dog in to see my sick Grandmother. So much love and respect for the staff at that hospital.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

1791 wrote:Used to marvel at how I could pull up. Park rite at the old Hospital. Bring my dog in to see my sick Grandmother. So much love and respect for the staff at that hospital.

And could you do the same today at any hospital across Canada?

Our sanitary standards have been greatly increased with medical knowledge.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Umm you cant park in front of the hospital here. Or walk in with a dog. This was not that long ago. God Bless Saskatchewan. It is 30 years behind. In a great way.
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Pickled eggs at small town old hotel bars :130:
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Suggestion:

Listen to "The Pirates of Saskatchewan" which is a fun song.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

My paternal great grandparents also did the sod house route too. Poor as church mice to start, ended with owning multi-sections of wheatfields. Hard working lot.

Unknown
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Not the news !

Another Quick Dick McDick Production.
Saskatchewan Things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiuuP0COFtM

:130:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Canada”