Concealed carry

Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Concealed carry

Post by Verum »

Gone_Fishin wrote:
Verum wrote:I suspect that JLives doesn't own his kids, and most people don't think of their kids as "things" either. Additionally, absolutely nobody has suggested not using proportionate means for defending your person or other persons in imminent danger, just that means appropriate for defending oneself are not necessarily appropriate for defending one's property.

Anyway, you love your kids, right? Would you be happy to have them killed the next time they break the law or damage someone else's property?

When did you become Jlives' spokesperson, and when did she become a he? I love my kids and they don't mess with other people's stuff, thus they'll never find themselves damaging anything. They were raised to understand RESPECT, something which seems to be completely absent on the entitled left.

That doesn't answer the question I asked. Again, would you be happy to have them killed the next time they break the law or damage someone else's property? It's a really simple question, not a trap and no need for diversion. Yes or no?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Gone_Fishin wrote:You LOVE your kids. Would you shoot someone that was stealing your kids?

Because avenging the theft of my children is something I should actually occupy my brain with?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Post by savvybusinessman »

Gone_Fishin wrote: love my kids and they don't mess with other people's stuff, thus they'll never find themselves damaging anything. They were raised to understand RESPECT, something which seems to be completely absent on the entitled left.

I'm so tired of hearing from parents who think they're gods and have raised the perfect children who will never ever make any sort of mistake.

What happens when they read a map wrong, end up on private property, and get shot by some doofus who thinks it's okay to execute people? Oh wait, that will never happen because some kids are perfect.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

News flash. Tresspassers are rarely shot. Dangerous theives however the risk of getting shot goes up rather quickly. As for claiming a trucl thief is no threat. Well that all depends who is stealing the truck. We can second guess all day.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

savvybusinessman wrote:What happens when they read a map wrong, end up on private property, and get shot by some doofus who thinks it's okay to execute people? Oh wait, that will never happen because some kids are perfect.

What you describe is against the law. Concealed carry would not change that whatsoever. What I'm finding here is a whole lot of ignorance among the leftists who want to dictate law to others, but who don't have the first clue what the current law is nor what concealed carry would changes would bring. It's like explaining physics to a 2 year old.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

JLives wrote:
Gone_Fishin wrote:You LOVE your kids. Would you shoot someone that was stealing your kids?

Because avenging the theft of my children is something I should actually occupy my brain with?

Is Gerald Butts writing your replies for you?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

One thing i know for sure. Rude people would quickly turn into real polite folks if everyone was armed. I really cant see any down side as all the crooks are already packing guns
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

savvybusinessman wrote:What happens when they read a map wrong, end up on private property, and get shot by some doofus who thinks it's okay to execute people? Oh wait, that will never happen because some kids are perfect.

Big difference to accidentally being on a farmers massive plot and being told to turn around, nevermind passing all the no trespassing signs :135: . Very different if you sneak up to their truck, open it and and try to take it. Noone is going to shoot someone for simply trespassing. Never once seen a new storey in Canada for dirtbikers that cut a fence and were shot or for hunters that end up on the wrong field. The reason you ask, no one felt threatened by this but people do feel threatened when their items are being stolen 20 feet from their house.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Jflem1983 wrote:One thing i know for sure. Rude people would quickly turn into real polite folks if everyone was armed. I really cant see any down side as all the crooks are already packing guns

1. More crooks will be packing, escalating criminal damage
2. Accidents will result in more deaths
3. Suicides will increase
4. Increases inefficiency
5. Increases demand on RCMP

People being polite because they fear guns isn't a good thing. It essentially hampers freedom of speech because people fear being killed.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Jflem1983 wrote:One thing i know for sure. Rude people would quickly turn into real polite folks if everyone was armed.

Because people would threaten to shoot someone for being rude? Really? Something tells me most people have good enough morals that they wouldn't kill someone for being rude. Are you saying you'd pull a gun on someone if they cut you off in traffic or butted in line at McDonalds? And that you'd actually pull the trigger? Because if you're not willing to pull the trigger, your threat is meaningless.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

In all of my many years in Canada/BC, I can never think of one time that I wish I had a gun to use. My shop was broke into one time and I lost some tools, but that was in the middle of the night and my shop was nowhere near my house.
Bring back the LIKE button.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Post by savvybusinessman »

Gone_Fishin wrote:What you describe is against the law.

That was part of my point. Lots of threads and posters here have exclaimed delight at the thought of shooting people who might very well be innocent and simply walking by. Gun happy people rarely need a reason to shoot someone.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

If you feel that you need to carry a "weapon" that looks and feels like a handgun.
Then you should start researching what most municipal bylaw officers carry.

It is a airgun that uses pepper-spray balls.
Effective range about 5 mtr from what I am told.
Just found out about this this morning, so will do some research myself and then post links in the next few weeks.

Municipalities and cities like them, since they are not lethal and do not classify as a weapon so there are no additional WCB or insurance costs. A little training and away you go.
If you can carry pepper spray you can carry one of these.

Used mainly on animals - but looks enough like a pistol to satisfy those that have this "compensation for other things feeling" to look scary.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

NotNorthAnymore wrote:If you feel that you need to carry a "weapon" that looks and feels like a handgun.
Then you should start researching what most municipal bylaw officers carry.

It is a airgun that uses pepper-spray balls.
Effective range about 5 mtr from what I am told.
Just found out about this this morning, so will do some research myself and then post links in the next few weeks.

Municipalities and cities like them, since they are not lethal and do not classify as a weapon so there are no additional WCB or insurance costs. A little training and away you go.
If you can carry pepper spray you can carry one of these.

Used mainly on animals - but looks enough like a pistol to satisfy those that have this "compensation for other things feeling" to look scary.

Would it stop a guy with a knife. Thats the problem. Or a pistol. Shoot look at what happened on Lakeshore this passed weekend . Guy got bottled and gutted. We do not know the details. Sounds pretty random. He may well have been at fault or he may be innocent. Either way. The point is. U just never know. It would be nice if the law were there to protect the guy out for a walk or the guy sitting in his home.it should not be the prowler who has all the advantages.

alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Under the Criminal Code of Canada, such prohibited weapons can be "any device designed to be used for the purpose of injuring, immobilizing or otherwise incapacitating any person by the discharge therefrom of

(a) tear gas, Mace or other gas, or

(b) any liquid, spray, powder or other substance that is capable of injuring, immobilizing or otherwise incapacitating any person.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Canada”