Ontario loses its mind

Post by bob vernon »

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/onvotes/poll-tracker/

This has to be fake news, doesn't it?
Veovis
Guru

Re: Ontario loses its mind

Post by Veovis »

You would like it to be however some people will be happy to shoot themselves to not vote for a Ford.

It doesn't make it a smart choice, but it is their choice, personally I thought they were a little nutty in the choice, but it is what it is and we shall see what happens, but you cannot put Wynne back in.
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

The rejection of Doug Ford is even more shocking today. This pole suggests if the election were today, the NDP would win a majority. There is an EKOS pole out too, almost exactly the same as this one...

It's easy to understand why -- Doug Ford is as close to an underworld 'wise guy' as we're ever likely to see run for office -- a well documented, mid-level drug dealer. The good folks of Ontario are apparently finally figuring that out. What is difficult to understand, is why the PC's elected him leader in the first place.

Sometimes a province has to elect the NDP for a term, to clear the dead wood out of the whatever conservative gov't is in power. We've done it several times here in BC over the past 45 years. This will give the Ontario Conservatives and Liberals four years to get rid of Ford and Wynne, and get some bright, fresh new leaders in place.

Gawd... Doug Ford... what were they thinking? They're paying for it now....!
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

As I've said all the long (in other threads), there is only 1 poll I watch for that is the ballot box.
All the others (Polls) I don't give a damn about.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

3 idiots running - I feel bad for them.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

jimmy4321 wrote:3 idiots running - I feel bad for them.

Again picking leadership from the bottom of the barrel
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

As long as Wynne doesn't win, I'm happy. I've vote for my drunk uncle over her. Looks like voters agree.

Odds of Liberals winning = 0.5%
Odds of Conservative majority = 77.4%
Odds of a Conservative minority = 8.4%
Odds of the NDP winning the most seats = 12.9%

The NDP is leading in the polls, but not for the number of ridings. Because Doug Ford is a rough and tough crude non-religious conservative he has huge support in the big cities and poor support in the Bible Belt region of southern Ontario were the NDP is expected the win. The Liberals are expected to get absolutely decimated similar to the NDP in BC back in 2001.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bigjohn69
Fledgling

Post by Bigjohn69 »

https://globalnews.ca/video/4229086/aud ... emberships

Doug ford caught rigging memberships,. That is a,no no . Instead of coming clean he decides to lie about it . If the cons lose ontario it will be his fault
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

I see Justin voted early today. I wonder who he voted for [icon_lol2.gif] . If Ontarians don't elect an NDP government this time, there's no hope for them. The Libcons have made that province virtually unlivable.
Jack DeBear
Board Meister

Post by Jack DeBear »

This was a fun game for this morning.

Vote Compass: Compare your views to party platforms for the 2018 Ontario election
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/v ... -1.4654141

Launch Vote Compass
http://votecompass.cbc.ca/ontario/home

When I got my results I lost my mind. :panic:
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

OldIslander wrote: What is difficult to understand, is why the PC's elected him leader in the first place.

Very similar to what happened in the States with the Republican party nominating Trump as their candidate – the big difference being the people of Ontario will have more than two choices. It has been suggested this tendency of Canadians to start moving toward the left again politically is in large part a result of the “Trump effect”, and with Doug Ford being another bombastic goof it is no big surprise the good folk of Ontario would not want to tarnish themselves in the same way those gullible folk down south did. As surprising as it would be to see yet another NDP government elected to power in this country, it would be even more surprising (and very disappointing) to see them elect an grinning idiot like Doug Ford.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Liberal vote collapsing. Rats deserting the sinking Ford ship.
After 15 Liberal years in office, it was time for a change. But the Conservative option is just so distasteful.

http://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/05/25/n ... tion-poll/
Bigjohn69
Fledgling

Post by Bigjohn69 »

Hey, I hope you guys are ready for Ford Nation!” That’s the co-host of the most popular white supremacist podcast in Canada introducing an episode recorded in early March, just days after a tightly contested convention gave Doug Ford the leadership of the Ontario PC party.
The Proud Boys love Ford too. They’re a group of right fellow travelers whose founder Gavin McInnes was in the news this week for calling women he disagreed with “colostomy bag[s] for various strangers' semen.” On Facebook and Twitter they’ve been stumping for Ford, posting memes dubbing him a “PROUDBOY” and urging their supporters to go to Ford campaign rallies and “show your support for Doug Ford as premiere [sic] of Ontario.”

White supremacist and former Rebel Media host Faith Goldy is a fan, as is her ex-boss Ezra Levant. Meanwhile, in the darker corners of Reddit and other internet forums, the right and their fellow travellers are busily churning out memes to help Ford win the culture war.

https://ricochet.media/en/2217/why-cana ... ord-to-win

It’s hard to know where to begin with Doug Ford (the allegations of voter fraud within his party? His hand-picked London West candidate, who said in 2015 that “Christianity is the only correct faith”?), so we might as well begin with his attitudes towards women — because they explain a lot about the kind of politics he traffics in.

The Ontario Progressive Conservative leader has twice commented on Premier Kathleen Wynne’s smile. During a televised debate, he turned to her and said, “You’ve got a nice smile on your face.” Less than a week later, he followed it up at another public event, lingering over a handshake to prevent her from turning away and saying, “Still like that smile.”

Ford has long had a prickly reaction to women who challenge him. As a Toronto city councillor, he was known to be hostile to female reporters, suggesting one was mentally unstable and referring to another as “a little *bleep*” — using the most common slurs against women, that they’re crazy and shrewish, to belittle them. When he was running for PC leadership, he brushed off the threat posed by two female opponents by likening them to his wife and daughters — as though their gender was the most relevant aspect of their campaigns. “I live with five women at home,” he said. “I can handle Caroline Mulroney and Christine Elliott.”

http://www.chatelaine.com/opinion/doug- ... -comments/

That is why mr ford is probably going to lose
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Where they find these candidates , Ontario got issues
https://www.google.com/amp/torontosun.c ... omment/amp
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Today Ford released part of his hidden platform. He wants to lower the price of beer to $1.00. Seriously, he said that.

Return to “Canada”