Ontario loses its mind

Jx3
Übergod

Re: Ontario loses its mind

Post by Jx3 »

oneh2obabe wrote:By the time his term is up Ontario will be in such chaos it'll take years to turn around.

You mean like it is right now?? It certainly is going to take years to turn around after the dumpster fire of 5 years of a Kathleen Wynne government!
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

oneh2obabe wrote:True, but giving him a majority was a huge mistake. By the time his term is up Ontario will be in such chaos it'll take years to turn around.

Nope, it couldn't be worse than what Wynn left them with. It will take years to undo the damage that her party inflicted upon the people.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

JagXKR wrote:Nope, it couldn't be worse than what Wynn left them with. It will take years to undo the damage that her party inflicted upon the people.

In fairness to Wynn, she was left quite the mess herself.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Catsumi wrote:OCTOBER 21, 2019

135 days left until next federal election

I count the days diligently.

Add 1 year to that. We are in 2018 right now. :135:
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Ka-El wrote:In fairness to Wynn, she was left quite the mess herself.

Trump, Ford both got in because of a backlash against political double speak and a hatred of the political professional. Tired of listening to the lies and the falseness of the established scene and the "polished" speeches with no hope of ever getting the right things done.
Seems like a "take a chance" vote, because the candidate is so much different than the norm, is what allowed Ford into office. I truly hope life gets better for my friends in Ontario. Especially in electricity prices.

$graph.jpg
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

oneh2obabe wrote: By the time his term is up Ontario will be in such chaos it'll take years to turn around.

have you not been paying attention to the disaster that is Ontario right now? What chaos are you talking about? They are already in chaos.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ka-El wrote:The only people who are still going to be thinking "so glad we elected Ford", are those people stupid enough to believe Trump was a good choice for president. .

Could you give the guy more than ONE DAY in office before jumping off into this world of hyperbole? It seems that you've already pre-judged the guy based on the left information you've been given. I even gave JT a few months to see how bad he would do before I started judging him as the vapid empty suit that he is.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Ka-El wrote:The only people who are still going to be thinking "so glad we elected Ford", are those people stupid enough to believe Trump was a good choice for president. .

Could you give the guy more than ONE DAY in office before jumping off into this world of hyperbole? It seems that you've already pre-judged the guy based on the left information you've been given. I even gave JT a few months to see how bad he would do before I started judging him as the vapid empty suit that he is.

Fake news.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote:
Fake news.

Fair enough. He isn't an empty suit with no backbone. And that's why Canada is now buying a pipeline it didn't need to buy if we had had a non-empty suit for a leader.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JagXKR wrote:
Trump, Ford both got in because of a backlash against political double speak and a hatred of the political professional. Tired of listening to the lies and the falseness of the established scene and the "polished" speeches with no hope of ever getting the right things done.
Seems like a "take a chance" vote, because the candidate is so much different than the norm, is what allowed Ford into office. I truly hope life gets better for my friends in Ontario. Especially in electricity prices.
]

The first step Ford has to do, and I don't know if this is even possible, is to unwind all of those insane wind power subsidies that are just destroying the Ontario economy and making power prices so high. They have to make life more affordable for the people of Ontario, and that means cutting taxes and changing government policies that were all being driven by a far left agenda that was completely out of control.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

The Green Barbarian wrote:have you not been paying attention to the disaster that is Ontario right now? What chaos are you talking about? They are already in chaos.

Of course I've been paying attention. I own a house in Toronto and acreage in Northern Ontario so whatever measures (no matter how far-fetched) the sitting Premier implements affects me.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

oneh2obabe wrote:Of course I've been paying attention. I own a house in Toronto and acreage in Northern Ontario so whatever measures (no matter how far-fetched) the sitting Premier implements affects me.

Let's hope that Ford is able to lower your costs, for your sake.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Jx3 wrote:
oneh2obabe wrote:By the time his term is up Ontario will be in such chaos it'll take years to turn around.

You mean like it is right now?? It certainly is going to take years to turn around after the dumpster fire of 5 years of a Kathleen Wynne government!

and that's a fact
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

JagXKR wrote:
Catsumi wrote:OCTOBER 21, 2019

135 days left until next federal election

I count the days diligently.

Add 1 year to that. We are in 2018 right now. :135:

Damn! You are so right. My enthusiasm for this date is playing havoc with my solar and lunar calendar too. :biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

Could you give the guy more than ONE DAY in office before jumping off into this world of hyperbole? It seems that you've already pre-judged the guy based on the left information you've been given.

I haven't judged Ford based on any left news (unless you're so far gone you're including CTV and the Globe & Mail). I've watched and listened to him on TV. Maybe you need to pull your head out of your dark and stinky echo chamber.

Return to “Canada”