I am disgusted, Trucking Company Recruiting Drivers

stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

I am disgusted, Trucking Company Recruiting Drivers

Post by stuphoto »

Sorry Castanet, I thought this story should be shared.
Owner of suspended trucking company recruiting drivers while under investigation for Humboldt Broncos crash
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatche ... -1.4694074
Even Steven
Guru

Re: I am disgusted, Trucking Company Recruiting Drivers

Post by Even Steven »

Why?
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

In the article from the link posted, there has been no fault determined yet in the Humboldt crash. From what I understand, it is standard procedure to suspend operations in a situation like this.

This is their business. Their way of supporting themselves. I understand the tragedy and the sorrow that remains with so many but life does go on and there has to be a way of carrying on business.

I could see if the trucking company was determined to be at fault but this simply isn’t the case. They are, apparently, trying to carry on business in the least disruptive way possible but are finding out that people are hunting them down no matter what.

An unfortunate situation all around.
You and 71 others Like this post
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Whats the problem? Is he suppose to go bankrupt and not earn a living?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

According to report giving back on April 11, 2018 (link below).
Alberta Transportation Minister wrote:Alberta transportation minister Brian Mason confirms Adesh Deol Trucking Ltd. was suspended indefinitely by the Alberta Transportation ministry pending an investigation.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4138392/humb ... k-company/

So is that investigation separate from the accident investigation, or the same one. If it is the same one then that suspension should still be ongoing.

Added later: or has the owner started up another trucking company, just wondering.... no proof of this
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Gixxer wrote:Whats the problem? Is he suppose to go bankrupt and not earn a living?

If the Company did anything that contributed to the crash then I would say yes and he should never be able to work in the industry again. If everything he did was above board and legal then he can continue in business.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

So where is the driver? :135:

He gets off scott free?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

averagejoe wrote:So where is the driver? :135:

He gets off scott free?

This thread is about owner of the trucking company, you will have to either search the Web or keep an eye on this thread about the driver viewtopic.php?f=27&t=77923
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:According to report giving back on April 11, 2018 (link below).
Alberta Transportation Minister wrote:Alberta transportation minister Brian Mason confirms Adesh Deol Trucking Ltd. was suspended indefinitely by the Alberta Transportation ministry pending an investigation.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4138392/humb ... k-company/

So is that investigation separate from the accident investigation, or the same one. If it is the same one then that suspension should still be ongoing.

Added later: or has the owner started up another trucking company, just wondering.... no proof of this

Well looks like proof to me, something is very fishy here:
https://globalnews.ca/news/4269086/humb ... s-calgary/

Return to “Canada”